Voyage of DisCOVEry and the FALKIRK Wheel

partickthedog

43 minutes ago, redandyellowallover said:

I think Airdire will have a big part to play in this run in. They will still have an outside chance of winning the league if Falkirk were to either win or draw tonight so they could go into their last 2 games against Cove and Falkirk knowing two wins would get them to 38 points. They could very well go into the last game of the season 3 behind Falkirk knowing a win could put them top if we were to lose against Montrose.

They are the form team behind us, I'm just really glad we managed to beat them.

Agree with this and I think there is an advatage in the playoffs if you don't finish 4th.

4th will play 2nd bottom of the championship. The Championship finishes on Friday so 2nd bottom has over a week to rest and recover before playing the 4th placed team.

The 4th placed team (unless its Cove) will play on Tuesday and then have only 4 days to recover to play the Championship team. I think it would be better to finish 2nd and 3rd and play a team just as tired as your own.

So I think Airdire will have to put out full strength teams in both their remaining fixtures and will have a say in things assuming we don't put it to bed tonight.

Montrose will still be in with a chance of 4th until Saturday at least. If its good thing to play a team that hasn't got a need to win then we may be the only one getting that opprtunity when we play Montrose on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, laukat said:

Agree with this and I think there is an advatage in the playoffs if you don't finish 4th.

4th will play 2nd bottom of the championship. The Championship finishes on Friday so 2nd bottom has over a week to rest and recover before playing the 4th placed team.

The 4th placed team (unless its Cove) will play on Tuesday and then have only 4 days to recover to play the Championship team. I think it would be better to finish 2nd and 3rd and play a team just as tired as your own.

So I think Airdire will have to put out full strength teams in both their remaining fixtures and will have a say in things assuming we don't put it to bed tonight.

Montrose will still be in with a chance of 4th until Saturday at least. If its good thing to play a team that hasn't got a need to win then we may be the only one getting that opprtunity when we play Montrose on Tuesday.

Could have just said win tonight and fxck the rest 

4 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

I think Airdire will have a big part to play in this run in. They will still have an outside chance of winning the league if Falkirk were to either win or draw tonight so they could go into their last 2 games against Cove and Falkirk knowing two wins would get them to 38 points. They could very well go into the last game of the season 3 behind Falkirk knowing a win could put them top if we were to lose against Montrose.

Absolutely

4 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

Airdrie will also go into the final two games v Cove and Falkirk reasonable well rested as they don't play tonight! 

Our win against them was important and will become huge if they do the business against Cove and or Falkirk! 

Of course all this is academic if we just put Falkirk to the sword tonight! 

I really don't know if I can cope with the stress of watching this game tonight.

Ideally batter Falkirk in the first half 3-0 and sneak a goal in the second half 4-0 make our substitutions and play out time! That would make for a stress free pleasant evening!