Voyage of DisCOVEry and the FALKIRK Wheel

partickthedog

So proud to be a Jag tonight.

Pinching myself. Can hardly believe the turn around in the last three to four weeks. This squad of players have cemented their place in Partick Thistle folklore. Was delighted for them as I watched their post-match celebration from afar. Well done to them all and to Ian McCall.

Enjoy the moment fellow Jags. Looking forward to seeing you all inside Firhill very soon.

• Like 1

I honestly wonder if anyone in the senior leagues anywhere in Britain has ever taken 19 points in 19 days. That must be a pretty unique achievement.

(The 19 in 19 has to go down in Thistle folklore. And I'm claiming it! :D)

Edited by allyo
  • Like 1

Proud of the team tonight. It was a joy to watch and the quality was something thats been missing for many a year. Banzo was unbelievablely good. I've been critical of him in the past but his work rate and tackling in the first half kept us on the front foot. Rudden and Graham playing off each other was incredible. To win 5 nil 2 days after a tough away game was some effort. We were unrecognisable from the clueless goal shy shite we had seen for too long. Well done to one and all involved and hope this is just the start of our journey back to the top

I've gone from rock bottom to party time in less than 4 weeks.  Bonkers season.  Still a basket case club and who knows how next season will pan out. Could win the league or get relegated, who knows?  Just glad  I'm off work tomorrow to enjoy the good times while they last. Victory and clean sheet on Tuesday please!

Edited by The Legend Blows

Stuart Bannigan for me is the beating heart of Thistle. He's been there through the ups and downs, and he's had his own injury battles along the way. But he never hides and much more often than not makes a positive difference. Even when he was being written off I didn't think he was doing too much wrong, apart from carrying a team struggling for form.

Thanks Banzo. We are lucky to have you.

• Like 4

It was a league we shouldn't have been in. We have a squad that should go higher, young with fight a sprinkling of experience a great team spirt. With all the euphoria at the moment, I have to say it was a lot closer than it should have been, nevertheless it had to be won so congratulations to Ian McCall, could he be the reincarnation of the Doo man.    

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Enjoyed that from start to finish. I'd have loved to be up at the Basin with all those Jags fans last night. What a din they were making!

Gary Holt was clearly not happy with his players' performance, but even so it was noticeable that he gave not one word of congratulations to Thistle. I was kind of hoping that Falkirk might still get promoted, but now I'm not so sure...

5 hours ago, fenski said:

Stuart Bannigan for me is the beating heart of Thistle. He's been there through the ups and downs, and he's had his own injury battles along the way. But he never hides and much more often than not makes a positive difference. Even when he was being written off I didn't think he was doing too much wrong, apart from carrying a team struggling for form.

Thanks Banzo. We are lucky to have you.

Couldn’t agree more. Well done Stuart, enjoy the celebrations! 

The turnaround since the shutdown has been unreal. I thought pre-shutdown we were pretty solid defensively but were struggling to impose ourselves in an attacking manner. The injuries we had meant we couldn't field the team we wanted, probably couldn't field the same 11 two games running at any point, we relied on Graham to get the goals and when he lost a bit of form we struggled big time.

McCall said when we came back that he had brought Graham and Rudden to play together as a two up top and that he'd only managed to get them on the park together a few times. He was clearly right in his view that they would form a good partnership, last night the link up between the two was just brilliant.

Tiffoney was the missing piece of the jigsaw. I would love to see him at Firhill next season, I can't see it unfortunately.

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Enjoyed that from start to finish. I'd have loved to be up at the Basin with all those Jags fans last night. What a din they were making!

Gary Holt was clearly not happy with his players' performance, but even so it was noticeable that he gave not one word of congratulations to Thistle. I was kind of hoping that Falkirk might still get promoted, but now I'm not so sure...

That struck me too, fair enough he's not happy with his team but thistle deserves the win, deserved the margin of win and deserved the league title 100% on merit.  At the very least he should have said congratulations and well done to the club, players and management. 

Edited by sb1876

18 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Can someone please help me? I woke this morning and can't stop feeling very satisfied, smug or get this smile off my face! 

Help please! 

Well, I feel more or less the same.

Smug, not exactly.

Satisfied? You bet

Smile on my face? Oh! you got to believe it!

I'd think that this is astonishing. Quite an amazing turnaround.

Luckly to support PTFC.

Edited by douglas clark
error

4 hours ago, sb1876 said:

That struck me too, fair enough he's not happy with his team but thistle deserves the win, deserved the margin of win and deserved the league title 100% on merit.  At the very least he should have said congratulations and well done to the club, players and management. 

How do we know he didn't congratulate McCall after the game? 

If your comment is accurate I wouldn't lose any sleep over it! 

Such small minded people don't deserve out time or attention.