Voyage of DisCOVEry and the FALKIRK Wheel

partickthedog

5 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Airdrie will also go into the final two games v Cove and Falkirk reasonable well rested as they don't play tonight! 

Our win against them was important and will become huge if they do the business against Cove and or Falkirk! 

Of course all this is academic if we just put Falkirk to the sword tonight! 

I really don't know if I can cope with the stress of watching this game tonight.

Ideally batter Falkirk in the first half 3-0 and sneak a goal in the second half 4-0 make our substitutions and play out time! That would make for a stress free pleasant evening! 

Wow

First time I’ve been able to do the PPV thing this year, and not bad timing.

Video quality and presentation seemed great and well worth the money to me.  Well done to all involved!

I’ve seen posts on here about the camera often following a wayward bird.  Didn’t catch any of that today - have they improved the service or did I just catch a break?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fenski said:

Has Darren Brownlie played every game this season and if so is he the only player to do so? The sort of defender every successful team needs.

Its easy to see the impact of Tiffoney and Bell and we need to get both signed up for next year. Its also fairly noticeable when guys like Graham, Bannigan, Docherty and Rudden start to play.

However one person who I don't think gets enough praise is Darren Brownlie. Tonight he had Sammon in his back pocket and dominated him in the air despite giving away a few inches in height. Brownlie hasn't put a foot wrong all season. For sheer consistency he would get my player of the season vote.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

Video quality and presentation seemed great and well worth the money to me.  Well done to all involved!

I’ve seen posts on here about the camera often following a wayward bird.  Didn’t catch any of that today - have they improved the service or did I just catch a break?

I watched all the league games because of season ticket and never had any problem with coverage.

1 minute ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I think he has. Also worth pointing out that the games in which he partnered Sena, Darren was playing as left centreback. 

Agree with everything being said about Brownlie. It was good to see Sena get the last 15 minutes or so tonight. The first half of the season he was one of our best players.

32 minutes ago, allyo said:

Wow

Thank you. I occasionally have these moments of insight! 

I didn't get it quite right though with super Joe getting a 5th (and there should have been a 6th). It was though a very enjoyable, pleasant and stress free evening.... wasn't it! 

What a performance tonight, 7 or 8-0 would've been a fairer reflection. I'm sure we were sitting 7th in the table when Airdrie scored early on back in the away game but we came back to win 4-2 and finished the day 3rd, now we've went and bloody won the league, absolutely buzzing. I was going to get tomorrow off on annual leave just incase we won and to celebrate but I didn't want to jinx us but baby Jesus will I be celebrating this weekend. Banzo, Penners, Tiff, Graham, Rudden were unbelievable tonight and I love how together the squad are, it reminded me of the previous Championship winning team.

Dunno if it's been posted on here and I've not seen it but I've heard from 2 different people saying Williamson had already signed a pre-contract with Falkirk? Hopefully he can cancel it now!

Yas Jags, so happy right now, enjoy yer night folks. I'll return to Firhill Road, until the last day I am breathing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Airdrie will also go into the final two games v Cove and Falkirk reasonable well rested as they don't play tonight! 

Our win against them was important and will become huge if they do the business against Cove and or Falkirk! 

Of course all this is academic if we just put Falkirk to the sword tonight! 

I really don't know if I can cope with the stress of watching this game tonight.

Ideally batter Falkirk in the first half 3-0 and sneak a goal in the second half 4-0 make our substitutions and play out time! That would make for a stress free pleasant evening! 

And lo' it came to pass! Fair play for the prediction

14 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Thank you. I occasionally have these moments of insight! 

I didn't get it quite right though with super Joe getting a 5th (and there should have been a 6th). It was though a very enjoyable, pleasant and stress free evening.... wasn't it! 

At half past eight I just remember looking at the clock and thinking, I did not expect to be feeling so relaxed and happy right now

44 minutes ago, ChiThistle said:

Thistle use a properly operated camera, not the AI cameras that other clubs have been using.

Think we trialled it for a few friendly games but dumped it before the season started properly. 

• Like 1