Should we accept the SPFL Div 1 trophy

theestle

I’m presuming we will win the league - slightly ambitious I know. But after the way the SPFL encouraged their members to relegate us, including the dark arts they used to persuade Dundee to amend their original voting intention, should we accept their trophy. 

I think we should not and if we do return it immediately back to sender.

1 hour ago, theestle said:

I’m presuming we will win the league - slightly ambitious I know. But after the way the SPFL encouraged their members to relegate us, including the dark arts they used to persuade Dundee to amend their original voting intention, should we accept their trophy. 

I think we should not and if we do return it immediately back to sender.

Leave this until we have actually won the league 

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If (still a big if with me) we were to win the title I don't believe we should have a go at Doncaster vis-à-vis a snub. In fact I think we should treat the occasion with all the dignity it warrants. I'd nominate the Poster who goes by the forum name Bobby Houston to collect the League Trophy. 

I’d pay good money to see the Boabster  “small talk “ with Doncaster whilst under the influence of a cargo .

• Haha 1

If we do go on and win this title, then we should be lifting the trophy. 

I was disgusted by the way the season was finished and the way the SPFL rammed it through. But the bottom line is that (in the event that we win it) the players have put in an unbelievable amount of effort, probably the most physically challenging season they will ever be involved in. For that reason they would deserve to make a big deal about lifting the trophy and getting their medals.

For some of these players it will be the first silverware that they have won and may ever win for all they know. They have earned the right to hold the trophy up and nobody should take that away from them.

• Like 1

If we win, the players and families should have their moment - but any prawn sandwiches laid up for Dungcaster and the blazers should be laced with laxative.

Once the political garbage is out the way, we should tie the trophy to BobbyHouston’s back and send him off on a long walk (Dundee Utd & Cove Rangers style walk you understand) with specific instructions to find the end of the world and throw the cup off it -  only coming  back to tell the idiots who govern our game that there’s been a terrible accident with your tin cup and you’d better get onto the Trophy Centre to order a new wan.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If (still a big if with me) we were to win the title I don't believe we should have a go at Doncaster vis-à-vis a snub. In fact I think we should treat the occasion with all the dignity it warrants. I'd nominate the Poster who goes by the forum name Bobby Houston to collect the League Trophy. 

He would need to be accompanied with an adult

• Like 2

Not jumping the gun but it's the lack of a pitch invasion that's playing on my mind.

Should we win it, I'm gonna run onto the grass in my back garden.

I'll probably be a little bit shy at first and will try and get the missus to go first.

5 minutes later I'll be running around like a 10 year old and cuddling people I barely know.

After that, I'll end up in a pub I've never been to before, with people I think I know and drink loads of shorts and beers.

We might not feel too successful but at least we get to do that now and again.   

• Haha 1

Agree with the above. Should either ourselves or Falkirk win the title we should refuse Doncaster entry at the door and then put out a statement of why we did so.

of course the players should lift the trophy. Yea some of them were partly responsible for us being bottom when the league stopped but for some it may be the only title they have/will ever win. 

2 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Agree with the above. Should either ourselves or Falkirk win the title we should refuse Doncaster entry at the door and then put out a statement of why we did so.

of course the players should lift the trophy. Yea some of them were partly responsible for us being bottom when the league stopped but for some it may be the only title they have/will ever win. 

We shouldn't stoop to his level. We have thrown our toys out the pram enough over the last year and made ourselves look petty and childish. One of the better things of this season is our chairman keeping her gob shut.

• Like 1

Yes, we have won the league and deserve the trophy. The management and players have worked hard and should be able to celebrate as much as the covid rules allow. The best way to say GIRUY is beat the teams on the park. Would be great if fans were back for the start of next season in the championship.

Take the trophy but leave Neil Doncaster at the door.

In other related news, Brechin are now confirmed in last place and facing the play-off. I'm sure if they are relegated they will take that with good grace.

Also not impossible Ross County may be relegated but I'm sure Roy MacGregor will happily take his medicine.

Happy to see Hearts promoted and hopefully Stranraer can get back to league 1 via the playoffs which now looks like it would be at the expense of Clyde.

An interesting change in fortunes but I'm sure all the clubs mentioned above who may end up relegated will recognise its for the good of Scottish Football.

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

In other related news, Brechin are now confirmed in last place and facing the play-off. I'm sure if they are relegated they will take that with good grace.

Also not impossible Ross County may be relegated but I'm sure Roy MacGregor will happily take his medicine.

Happy to see Hearts promoted and hopefully Stranraer can get back to league 1 via the playoffs which now looks like it would be at the expense of Clyde.

An interesting change in fortunes but I'm sure all the clubs mentioned above who may end up relegated will recognise its for the good of Scottish Football.

Ran out of likes. :clapping:

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Ran out of likes. :clapping:

Succinct! 

3 hours ago, laukat said:

SFA wanted Pyramid Play-off to go ahead. Took legal advice which confirmed HL & LL within right to confirm Kelty and Brora as Champions. 

SPFL didn't want Pyramid Play-off to proceed. They also took legal advice which remained unannounced; SPFL also confirmed Kelty and Brora satisfied SPFL requirements

SFA &, SPFL still couldn't reach agreement so issue went to mediation where an Independent Judge reviewed the case papers and heard testimonies and gave an opinion in favour of the SFA! 

Doncaster says SPFL "working closely with SFA" diplomatic language for we lost!

Score SFA 1-0 SPFL

Brechin will greet all the way to the HL let down by their SPFL cronies!