Should we accept the SPFL Div 1 trophy

theestle

12 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

However in my opinion we must rise above resentment and petulance and demonstrate we are better. The only way to show  that we are better is to behave with honour, dignity and integrity.  We should therefore accept the trophy, perhaps like Hearts not with complete enthusiasm, but certainly with good grace! 

Agree with all of that, and especially with the part in bold. No need for any broad grins or smiles; just polite and silent acceptance (other than perhaps a simple "Thank you") would get the message across.

21 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

All this banning SFA,SPFL is just extreme childish behaviour. Spitting the dummy out just shows we are just as low as the authorities. I don't think they will lose any sleep over this. Once again it shows how amateurishly Thistle are run.

I don't know how you think that us not wanting any one from the S P F L .who wrongly relegated us season at Firhill is anyway amateurish..Our club has been treated terribly by them and you want them to come and present the cup .can't be many JAGS fans who would won't Doncaster any where near FIRHILL...

• Like 1

We have to move on from here sometime. I would prefer it to be now. By all means keep them away from the trophy presentation, by agreement. Make a point, drop the bitterness and move on. Banning them is Rangersesque. The only way out now will be for the club to relent one day. 

34 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

We have to move on from here sometime. I would prefer it to be now. By all means keep them away from the trophy presentation, by agreement. Make a point, drop the bitterness and move on. Banning them is Rangersesque. The only way out now will be for the club to relent one day. 

I'm reading it as the SPFL/SFA have been banned on Wednesday and not banned till further notice or whatever. I hope that's what's meant and that's what will happen. I agree the latter would be rangersesque. If it's the former I personally think it's a reasonable action to take. Make your point and move on. If the SFA/SPFL raise the issue after that it's them who'll look churlish. 

Of course not allowing them access short or long term is hardly living up to our Cuddly Toy image.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, allyo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09gjdrl

Not sure if the link will work, but last night's programme is worth a listen. First section is all about Thistle

Darryl Broadfoot is a tadger, always has been and always will be.

I think what we're doing is the right thing to do, have our trophy presentation and let the players have that and their medals but don't let the SPFL be any part of it.

Once that's done we have made our point and we move on and it's done. No need to extend this ban any further than that as far as I'm concerned and it seems the club are of the same opinion.

14 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

All this banning SFA,SPFL is just extreme childish behaviour. Spitting the dummy out just shows we are just as low as the authorities. I don't think they will lose any sleep over this. Once again it shows how amateurishly Thistle are run.

Exactly ,we need to rise above this and do our talking and walking back to Premier league football on the pitch and leave the playground antics  to the likes of the Ugly Sisters .

• Like 1

Listened to McCall's interview on sportsound and thought he handled it well. Clearly a bigger interview with Tom English to come which may put more detail on what happened. Can't believe Doncaster sends a text saying worthy champions, he could have at least tried to say something more concillitory or tailored rather than a generic text that he must send out to all league winners every year.

I think the club are correct to not have Doncaster or some other SPFL flunky present the Trophy on Wednesday. However I would like to think they could have raffled the prize of presenting the Trophies so that a fan could have done it and the club could have made some money.

If we ever win the Championship I'm more than happy to have Doncaster back to present the championship. He should face the wrath of the the Thistle fans and it will easily sell a few more tickets.

• Like 1

I have said my piece previously about how I think the club should behave. I see nothing in this action which contradicts my views about  behaving with dignity and integrity by:

- accepting the trophy and therefore recognising all the hard work of everyone at  the Club ; they deserve their moment! 

- making the point  about being wronged and not wanting an SPFL/SFA presence.; don't  forget it's not just about relegation there is also  the unfair  distribution of Government money;

- its too soon to forgive and forget but after presentation we must move on. 

Just a couple of final points - being mischievous, I think I would have been nice  for  SPFL  President  McLennan  to present the Trophy in full view of the press; that would be a good dose of humble pie for him

And 

When Dundee and Raith next visit can we ban Nelms & Clark? This would also be nice but probably not consistent with moving on! 

Come on the Jags! 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Perhaps we should just have let Doncaster turn up at Firhill.........,

"Sorry, Neil, we've already done the presentation. We sent you an e-mail about the re-arrangements just before 5pm the other night. Did you not receive it?"

" Oops! It seems it went to Doncaster Rovers FC!".