What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

When the leagues restarted I would have been interested in someone like him, with his level of experience.

I think taking him for next season when we're stepping up a division isn't the right call. 

Edited to add; The only real upside to him signing would be the benefit to Rudden in learning off of him.

Edited by redandyellowallover

On 5/9/2021 at 12:05 AM, Weebaw1 said:

McCall will now be busy putting together a squad to challenge.

Who should we re-sign?

Who should we sign?

Who should we get rid of?

I'd resign Sneddon, Bell, Foster, Williamson, Penrice

Sign Tiffoney, MacIver

Get rid McKenna, Cardle, O'Ware

Don't know Reilly

For other signings make it like McNamara policy with young hungry players released by Premiership teams.

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

When the leagues restarted I would have been interested in someone like him, with his level of experience.

I think taking him for next season when we're stepping up a division isn't the right call. 

Edited to add; The only real upside to him signing would be the benefit to Rudden in learning off of him.

I'm not suggesting it but the same would apply to Kris Doolan. Only saying and I may be wrong but I think Doolan is ahead of Dobbie in the coaching side of things. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm not suggesting it but the same would apply to Kris Doolan. Only saying and I may be wrong but I think Doolan is ahead of Dobbie in the coaching side of things. 

I was thinking the same thing. As far as i know Doolan is still running his own coaching business.

17 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Lowland league clubs meeting tonight to discuss the colts idea. If agreed the AGM later on this month would ratify the yes vote.

lower league clubs will probably be more ready/desperate to accept their paltry slimy cash offer to join the leagues ... I note on the TV report a simple majority was required 9 out of 17 I think ... they change the majority level to suit the vote so it's undoubtedly a done deal

3 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I'd resign Sneddon, Bell, Foster, Williamson, Penrice

Sign Tiffoney, MacIver

Get rid McKenna, Cardle, O'Ware

Don't know Reilly

For other signings make it like McNamara policy with young hungry players released by Premiership teams.

Agree with all of above down to McIver. 

I would give McKenna (and Lyons) another season. I have long advocated letting Cardle go however and albeit we were in League 1 I think his performances merit another short contract - a year! 

I know it smacks of jobs for the boys but would prefer Doolan as our striker coach! 

I think we need to sign a couple of strong midfielders, preferably one with pace. A goalkeeper if we can't get Wright on a season long loan and a pacy right fullback! Finally one more striker!  Not sure about Connor Murray - jury is still out IMO! 

Morrison and Telfer (Falkirk) wouls be good signings also the tall blond haired player from Montrose, was he one of the Bannatyne brothers? 

I am sure there are others I would like to sign but it's getting late. We do however need cover in most departments and do need to strengthen the squad as I doubt the presents squad as good as it is won't cut it in the Championship in terms of top 4!

Pace throughout the squad is a prime requirement! 

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

https://twitter.com/ArbroathFC/status/1391840307814322176?s=20https://twitter.com/ArbroathFC/status/1391840307814322176?s=20https://twitter.com/ArbroathFC/status/13

91840307814322176?s=20

3 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

lower league clubs will probably be more ready/desperate to accept their paltry slimy cash offer to join the leagues ... I note on the TV report a simple majority was required 9 out of 17 I think ... they change the majority level to suit the vote so it's undoubtedly a done deal

tis a done deal

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialSLFL/status/1391854886183215108

4 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

9 out of 17 to let them in but 16 out of17 to get them back out.

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Do they need another vote before they would be allowed into the SPFL?

It's for one season only. No mention of what happens after but I expect another vote this time next year by the Lowland League making their membership permanent then over to the spfl/sfa to decide if they will accept  either in league 2 if they win a play off....or if an expanded league 2 that was rejected this year is actually  a really good idea after all.

If we are bringing in Dobbie- I can’t see McCall going back on his word and then bringing in Doolan instead.

with finances tight then there really is not much of a case of bringing back Doolan and it’s a far far greater priority to get Tiffoney and other targets signed.

Kris hasn’t really been a prolific goalscorer since he left us.  If Dobbie is off somewhere else then potentially but even then I think we may have enough coaches already and it’s more important we get in players that are going to get us promotion 

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If we are bringing in Dobbie- I can’t see McCall going back on his word and then bringing in Doolan instead.

with finances tight then there really is not much of a case of bringing back Doolan and it’s a far far greater priority to get Tiffoney and other targets signed.

Kris hasn’t really been a prolific goalscorer since he left us.  If Dobbie is off somewhere else then potentially but even then I think we may have enough coaches already and it’s more important we get in players that are going to get us promotion 

Quite frankly if we bring in a 38 year old then it says a lot, either for our finances or our ambitions.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I think we need to stay in the Championship before we even think about promotion. Don't think we are even close to that for next season. Anything 8th or above would be a success.

• Like 2