What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

6 hours ago, redandyellowallover said:

Didn't realise that Tiffoney was out of contract this summer with Livingston, strange one for them to let his contract run down like that.

Didn't really think we had a shot at signing him, but hearing that news then I think we will have a good chance. Would imagine we'd have to pay compensation though.

Compensation depends on whether Livvy have offered him any sort of contract. If they have, even if it isn't one he is ever likely to accept, then compensation is due. If they have been stupid enough not to, then Tiffers is up for grabs.

Also, if he does sign for someone else, do we not get a percentage of the compo for having helped with his training ? Did we not fall foul of that with Adrian Madaschi

They have been trying to get into the leagues for years, now they have their foot in the door, no way this will be for just one season. Give it a season or two and the rules will be changed to allow them promotion. Another excuse (not that they need one) for the Scottish media to give wall to wall coverage of the bigot brothers. 

2 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Was only having a joke, I think.

Let's be honest though, who would be surprised if it was that.

Heard on the news it was carried with 11 votes ... they undoubtedly canvassed the clubs before the vote & decided 9 would be enough ... reading the Twitter responses on the spfl announcement it seems a paltry cash offer per club was made ... they’ve set a precedent in selling places in the  senior leagues to the dirty duo - wonder if any club can buy a place “for one season only” 

5 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Heard on the news it was carried with 11 votes ... they undoubtedly canvassed the clubs before the vote & decided 9 would be enough ... reading the Twitter responses on the spfl announcement it seems a paltry cash offer per club was made ... they’ve set a precedent in selling places in the  senior leagues to the dirty duo - wonder if any club can buy a place “for one season only” 

So the SPFL have delivered again for the ugly sisters! 

A toe hold becomes a bridgehead becomes promotion at the very least to League 1 - then the sky's the limit! 

A previous post (apologies can't remember who contributed the post) suggested  this was the first step to the ugly sisters breaking from Scottish Football. I agree with this opinion however my only difficulty with this is where will they  breakaway too? 

12 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

A toe hold becomes a bridgehead becomes promotion at the very least to League 1 - then the sky's the limit! 

A previous post (apologies can't remember who contributed the post) suggested  this was the first step to the ugly sisters breaking from Scottish Football. I agree with this opinion however my only difficulty with this is where will they  breakaway too? 

Let’s hope if Mars ever gets colonised they can p*ss off there ... it just rests on CalMac getting their bums into gear and designing a boat that will take their ‘local’ fans from Larne to Mars - won’t hold my breath as they can’t even deliver one to service Arran!

Tough on Montrose - goal in 120th minute from the Crappylow crew - Morton v Airdrie in play off final - two of my least favourite teams.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Rather than breaking from Scottish Football, it looks like they are simply wanting to take it over completely, and play their reserve, colts, and kids' teams wherever they want. Auld filth matches at every level almost every day of the week, and no need for the media to bother themselves with pesky wee teams.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Rather than breaking from Scottish Football, it looks like they are simply wanting to take it over completely, and play their reserve, colts, and kids' teams wherever they want. Auld filth matches at every level almost every day of the week, and no need for the media to bother themselves with pesky wee teams.

Not forgetting that we already have Rangers (Edinburgh) and Celtic (Edinburgh) polluting the leagues

We're never the quickest when it comes to launching ST sales. This year tho' I could understand the Club holding back till we know the attendance situation re covid.

I don't suppose it's out the question that some of the earlier fixtures are ST only (or ST balloted).  Could be a low maximum attendance threshold regardless of stadium capacity.

I must confess I thought we would have had some squad news by now, not new signings but certainly who is under contract, who have been offered new deals and who is not getting a deal. One of the advantages of not going through the playoffs is the extra time you have to put plans in to operation so hopefully hear something in that regard soon.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Just a side note on Brechin: Simon Donnelly got punted as their assistant manager in October.

"Poor" SD doesn't seem to be having a brilliant career in the coaching/management side of things, regularly getting the boot/"leaving by mutual consent."

Anybody know which club (if any) is paying him now?

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

lets hope its Morton and County or Dundee then

Agree and not just re the playing surfaces. Cappielow for all its faults is still better than visiting Airdrie. Dingwall's near my favourite day out, and I assume like most I don't want to see Dundee get promoted.

Btw It's the combination of plastic pitch and dreariness that Accies and Airdrie offer that bothers me. At least with Montrose, and to a lesser degree Cove & Killie, you've got the makings of a decent day out.  NDP wouldn't be entirely so bad if you didn't have to leave the pub at the back of two to ensure you get thru the slowest turnstiles in Europe in time for kick off.