What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

44 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Forgetting the voting fiasco with Dundee, I'd be happy (in self interest) to see them promoted. Killy and Accies will be wounded financially from relegation, so I would suspect that the league will be weaker with them promoted and Killy and Accies relegated

Would a relegated Killie be more financially stricken than an over-stretched Dundee forced to remain another season in the Championship?

Thought I read something about Killie's whole squad being out of contract; so they could start with a clean slate, sustainable but attractive Championship wages for those they want to sing/re-sign.

Whereas who knows what state the finances in the Dens cesspool are? They had to dish out wage cuts last summer, might have to cut back further if they don't go up.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:45 PM, exiledjag said:

So the SPFL have delivered again for the ugly sisters! 

A toe hold becomes a bridgehead becomes promotion at the very least to League 1 - then the sky's the limit! 

A previous post (apologies can't remember who contributed the post) suggested  this was the first step to the ugly sisters breaking from Scottish Football. I agree with this opinion however my only difficulty with this is where will they  breakaway too? 

Article today: James Cairney: Colt teams only benefit Celtic and Rangers, so why should we bother? | The National

So who do we want in Championship with us between Dundee, Kilmarnock or Ross County.  I have arguments for all.  

Ross County for their chairman’s ‘take your medicine’ quip however the better away day of the three.  The team likely to spend most next season to bounce back up.

Dundee for their shameful changing mind lost vote saga and all round horrible club.  Not a great away day, treated badly as a visiting fan however could struggle next season financially if fail to get promoted this season.

Kilmarnock, horrible pitch but could really struggle and do a ‘thistle’ in Championship next season.  

I personally think Dundee will be staying up but lets see who drops out of contention after the games today.

1 minute ago, elevenone said:

So who do we want in Championship with us between Dundee, Kilmarnock or Ross County.  I have arguments for all.  

Ross County for their chairman’s ‘take your medicine’ quip however the better away day of the three.  The team likely to spend most next season to bounce back up.

Dundee for their shameful changing mind lost vote saga and all round horrible club.  Not a great away day, treated badly as a visiting fan however could struggle next season financially if fail to get promoted this season.

Kilmarnock, horrible pitch but could really struggle and do a ‘thistle’ in Championship next season.  

I personally think Dundee will be staying up but lets see who drops out of contention after the games today.

If Dundee have signed McMullan on a precontract, it doesn’t sound like they will be struggling enough to stop them spending. Of the 3, I think that Kilmarnock will be the weakest if relegated.

Kilmarnock is the worst option for us.

The ground and the fans are rancid. The pitch is not a football pitch. 

A pint or lunch pre game would be met with abuse from Sevco- like supporters. And we always get beat.

I detest Kilmarnock. Always have.

Ive always found Dundee fans to be ok. There’s a great pub on the road into Dundee with food, real ale and football on telly.

And it’s a grass pitch ffs!

Yes, I’m supporting Kilmarnock in the play off!

Large wager on Airdrie please:

Morton are reportedly seeking to bring in Motherwell's Scott Fox on-loan after being left without a keeper for their Championship play-off final.

The Greenock Telegraph say shot-stopper Aidan McAdams has been ruled out of Tuesday's clash with League One side Airdrie.

With McAdams the club's only senior goalkeeper, it's said they're now trying to recruit Fox from Fir Park.

• Haha 1

From the official web site. Update on season ticket refunds. Out of 1,231 season tickets purchased for the season just finished, 38 season ticket holders requested a refund, this meant that the cost of the refunds was less than £5,000. If every season ticket holder had requested a refund it would have cost just under £100,000. The club understands that not everybody could forgo the refund and are glad they took the option to get a refund. The club is very appreciative of the fans who did not take a refund. 

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

From the official web site. Update on season ticket refunds. Out of 1,231 season tickets purchased for the season just finished, 38 season ticket holders requested a refund, this meant that the cost of the refunds was less than £5,000. If every season ticket holder had requested a refund it would have cost just under £100,000. The club understands that not everybody could forgo the refund and are glad they took the option to get a refund. The club is very appreciative of the fans who did not take a refund. 

It's a pity that the club will probably piss all over the fans in the future as they have in the past.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Large wager on Airdrie please:

Morton are reportedly seeking to bring in Motherwell's Scott Fox on-loan after being left without a keeper for their Championship play-off final.

The Greenock Telegraph say shot-stopper Aidan McAdams has been ruled out of Tuesday's clash with League One side Airdrie.

With McAdams the club's only senior goalkeeper, it's said they're now trying to recruit Fox from Fir Park.

Fox confirmed on loan to Morton. Last minute push to get into the Scotland squad maybe. :D On a serious point, Morton have only had a youth keeper on the bench a few times this season, on other occasions they have not had any keepers on the bench. Surely if they decided not to have 2 reasonable keepers in their squad all season, they should have been told they will just need to play with whoever they have.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Kilmarnock is the worst option for us.

The ground and the fans are rancid. The pitch is not a football pitch. 

A pint or lunch pre game would be met with abuse from Sevco- like supporters. And we always get beat.

I detest Kilmarnock. Always have.

Ive always found Dundee fans to be ok. There’s a great pub on the road into Dundee with food, real ale and football on telly.

And it’s a grass pitch ffs!

Yes, I’m supporting Kilmarnock in the play off!

After the way Dundee turned us over with their mystical vote and all the financial implications of that , there is absolutely no way any PTFC fan should be wanting a Dundee win.

3 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

That's great stuff and I'm sure the 38 would have done the same if they could have afforded to.

1,231 seems a decent number for the first division.

Hopefully we'll double that next season and get a few big crowds in when we play the teams we now despise.

23 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

That's great stuff and I'm sure the 38 would have done the same if they could have afforded to.

Hopefully we'll double that next season and get a few big crowds in when we play the teams we now despise.

Especially with the way the previous season ended without all games being played and no certainty of games in the one just finished,

35 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

21 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I don’t like any of them soI honestly couldn’t give a toss who wins.

Agree, with both these comments.

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

After the way Dundee turned us over with their mystical vote and all the financial implications of that , there is absolutely no way any PTFC fan should be wanting a Dundee win.

Do not preach to me!

You may disagree over who we dislike more but we are all entitled to an opinion.

And I have been a PTFC fan for 60 years. Who the Hell are you?

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why the Club have divulged this info, or more correctly highlighted it in detail. I happen to be one of the 1231 but kinda resent being used as a statistic. 

• Haha 1

Yes, we were rotten last season, but our expulsion was due to Dundee changing their vote. For that reason alone, there is no way I would want them to win the playoff for promotion  

But if it happens, it happens. And in that case then Killie will just need to "take their medicine" for once.

32 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why the Club have divulged this info, or more correctly highlighted it in detail. I happen to be one of the 1231 but kinda resent being used as a statistic. 

I love knowing the numbers with regard to number of ST's, how many watched via live stream etc.

They maybe could have left the '38' bit out, as that detail is not required. I guess it helped them to say thankyou and no malice was intended.