What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

12 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Fox confirmed on loan to Morton. Last minute push to get into the Scotland squad maybe. :D On a serious point, Morton have only had a youth keeper on the bench a few times this season, on other occasions they have not had any keepers on the bench. Surely if they decided not to have 2 reasonable keepers in their squad all season, they should have been told they will just need to play with whoever they have.

The transfer windows were brought in to avoid improving your squad towards the end of the season. Imagine the Morton/Airdrie tie goes to penalties and Fox has a blinder and wins the tie for Morton. 

10 hours ago, CotterJag said:

That's great stuff and I'm sure the 38 would have done the same if they could have afforded to.

1,231 seems a decent number for the first division.

Hopefully we'll double that next season and get a few big crowds in when we play the teams we now despise.

Particularly when you think that it was almost certain that there would be no actual attendance.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The transfer windows were brought in to avoid improving your squad towards the end of the season. Imagine the Morton/Airdrie tie goes to penalties and Fox has a blinder and wins the tie for Morton. 

If Fox saves a penalty it is a miracle.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why the Club have divulged this info, or more correctly highlighted it in detail. I happen to be one of the 1231 but kinda resent being used as a statistic. 

I was also one of the 1231. Don't have a problem with the club giving out these figures. Acknowledging that some would be able to make use of the refund and thanking those that didn't take up the offer of a refund.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

From the official web site. Update on season ticket refunds. Out of 1,231 season tickets purchased for the season just finished, 38 season ticket holders requested a refund, this meant that the cost of the refunds was less than £5,000. If every season ticket holder had requested a refund it would have cost just under £100,000. The club understands that not everybody could forgo the refund and are glad they took the option to get a refund. The club is very appreciative of the fans who did not take a refund. 

Actually not getting the arithmetic with this 100,000 divided by 1200 is £83 while 5,000 divided by 38 is £130.  Can’t remember what the clubs offer was. 

56 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Actually not getting the arithmetic with this 100,000 divided by 1200 is £83 while 5,000 divided by 38 is £130.  Can’t remember what the clubs offer was. 

Can't  really  judge by the headline figures. Total sales will include concessions, kids at £25 and kids free. Less that 5,000 could mean anything over 4,000?

Airdrie missed Paton tonight. Not having him in front of the defence meant Turner playing deeper. Turner still looked the best player on the park and someone with real potential.

There were quite a few injuries for Aidrie and it looked like they ran out of fit players. I think at one stage they switched from 4 at the back to 3 just because they only had 3 fit defenders. Morton don't score many so I don't think the tie is over if Airdrie can get some players fit.

In other news Brechin lost 2-1 to Kelty which given the stats form the game they probably feel lucky to still be in the tie. Here's hoping Kelty finish the job.

16 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I seem to remember one of the resident stattos on this site demonstrated that his penalty save record is not especially bad; fairly average in fact

It might have been me!

Faced 26 penalties, saved 3 = 12%. The Thistle overall average (809 penalties faced) is 18% saved so he's below average.

On 5/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Auld Jag said:

From the official web site. Update on season ticket refunds. Out of 1,231 season tickets purchased for the season just finished, 38 season ticket holders requested a refund, this meant that the cost of the refunds was less than £5,000. If every season ticket holder had requested a refund it would have cost just under £100,000. The club understands that not everybody could forgo the refund and are glad they took the option to get a refund. The club is very appreciative of the fans who did not take a refund. 

Ah shite, did I miss the cut off point for a refund? :lol: