What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

They will do but that's because last year they got the SFA should they be demoted to deem them as a Lowland League Club. If Brora had won thru Brechin would still have been heading to the Lowland League.

Brechin City are heading to the Highland League. They did approach the SFA about shifting the goalposts for which league to go to but the Lowland League teams voted against it and refused to change the rules of where clubs go.

It will be interesting to see how they do as the Highland League does seem the weaker of the two leagues to drop into.

Brechin City will not be in the  Lowland League next season -  they will join the  Highland League,  thanks to their  geographic location.   They would have joined the Lowland  League last year thanks to SPFL bullying.  But this year, the SPFL are a spent force.  Rules are rules, and its off to Brora and all points south  for them . :D

GSUS got in just  before me !!

Edited by East Kent Jag II
G SUS in first

5 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Brechin City will not be in the  Lowland League next season -  they will join the  Highland League,  thanks to their  geographic location.   They would have joined the Lowland  League last year thanks to SPFL bullying.  But this year, the SPFL are a spent force.  Rules are rules, and its off to Brora and all points south  for them . :D

GSUS got in just  before me !!

There is talk of a midland league forming for next season with the Tayside Juniors and Tayport plus a few amateur teams.

So it is liable they will end up in there.   

They wouldn't like that, I'd like to think that most east coast junior teams would be more than a match for Brechin.

Hope they like their medicine.

(I actually don't mind Brechin, that was one of my first proper away games in the early 80's).

35 minutes ago, G SUS said:

Brechin City are heading to the Highland League. They did approach the SFA about shifting the goalposts for which league to go to but the Lowland League teams voted against it and refused to change the rules of where clubs go.

It will be interesting to see how they do as the Highland League does seem the weaker of the two leagues to drop into.

Thanks, G SUS. Had no idea they'd got knocked back. Can see why for distancing reasons they wouldn't have been welcome in the Lowland League.

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Sympathy.... how to measure it. In this case, no more than 25% for Brechin

my sympathy-o-meter must need a new battery ... it's currently stuck on zero % ... nope, just tested the battery and it's on a full charge ... wonder why the needle's stuck on sod all ;)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Sympathy.... how to measure it. In this case, no more than 25% for Brechin.

But in their "Dog  eats dog" attitude, under their current Chairman, maybe they'll appreciate being Kennomeat.

To be fair to their fans, they slated their board for both stances. 

Where Brechin (Board/Chairman) really came up in a bad light was voting against a reconstruction that would've seen Kelty & Brora come into the 4th tier. Brechin would still have remained in that division. Even an abstention would've been reasonable and gone some way towards fairness.

Just thinking that had there been a larger League Two and Brechin subsequently were involved in the relegation play off, they may have come up against easier opposition than either Kelty or Brora. Hell mend them. 

Q. I’m I the only one that’s having a problem with the Killie v Dundee games ?

let me explain.
I have hateful thoughts about both for obvious reasons. It’s great that this is happening to them.

However . . . One of them will win. This pain will equal the happiness I feel.

I know I need therapy...But the new season is a while away from getting to Firhill.

40 minutes ago, Earnock Jag said:

I’m wanting a Killie win and the chance to hump Dungdee 4 times next season.

Proper GIRUY moments.

In many ways it’s a win win for us because Dundee stay down well we know what they did last year

if Killie go down well they voted for ending the season last year and against reconstruction- which demoted us, while they also voted to relegate us in the 10,000 seater fiasco of 2004 as well 

55 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

In many ways it’s a win win for us because Dundee stay down well we know what they did last year

if Killie go down well they voted for ending the season last year and against reconstruction- which demoted us, while they also voted to relegate us in the 10,000 seater fiasco of 2004 as well 

Beat me to it, TL. Dundee voted pro us back in 2004. I guess it's a half full/half empty situation. Win-Win or Lose-Lose? Same difference.