What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

3 hours ago, Flycatcher said:

Q. I’m I the only one that’s having a problem with the Killie v Dundee games ?

let me explain.
I have hateful thoughts about both for obvious reasons. It’s great that this is happening to them.

However . . . One of them will win. This pain will equal the happiness I feel.

I know I need therapy...But the new season is a while away from getting to Firhill.

2 hours ago, Earnock Jag said:

I’m wanting a Killie win and the chance to hump Dungdee 4 times next season.

Proper GIRUY moments.

Agree with EJ.

I think the games v Dundee could be close to a full house, especially if we do a bit of marketing before it with the club mascot to the fore.

Also, Dundee don't have a plastic pitch, which is the only good thing I have to say about them. 

An interesting list of clubs in next seasons championship. Kilmarnock,  Hamilton, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr, Arbroath, Morton, QOS, ICT and us.

Raith look the most settled and able to mount a challenge. McCall has already commented that Raith are outbidding him for some players so they do look like the dark horse.

Kilmarnock will find it difficult to adjust as they will probably need to find a manager and turn over a large part of their squad whilst reducing costs. They will also have derby games against Ayr to contend with. They look to be in a similar state to us when we got relegated and we know that isn't easy to turn around.

I don't see Hamilton changing their approach and betting the house on an immediate return so I can't really see them being runaway winners. I suspect Hamilton will view top 4 and getting some youngsters experience that they can then sell as being the main aim.

Dunfermline and ICT need to find a manager so who knows how that will effect them. Hard to see them being anything much more or much less than mid table.

Ayr, Arboath, Morton and QOS look to be teams that will be at the bottom end of the league. Abroath and QOS look fairly settled and unless they loose some players or their managers will be competitive

Ayr have still to adjust to life under Hopkin so I would expect their squad and style to change to suit hoof ball tactics. Changing style is never easy and if early results aren't good they might be under pressure.

Morton just avoided the drop but they are about to go into fan ownership at potentially the wrong time of the season which may result in them losing McPherson as their manager and some players. They need a complete squad overhaul so its hard to see how they get through that without some negative effect.

5 hours ago, laukat said:

An interesting list of clubs in next seasons championship. Kilmarnock,  Hamilton, Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr, Arbroath, Morton, QOS, ICT and us.

Raith look the most settled and able to mount a challenge. McCall has already commented that Raith are outbidding him for some players so they do look like the dark horse.

Kilmarnock will find it difficult to adjust as they will probably need to find a manager and turn over a large part of their squad whilst reducing costs. They will also have derby games against Ayr to contend with. They look to be in a similar state to us when we got relegated and we know that isn't easy to turn around.

I don't see Hamilton changing their approach and betting the house on an immediate return so I can't really see them being runaway winners. I suspect Hamilton will view top 4 and getting some youngsters experience that they can then sell as being the main aim.

Dunfermline and ICT need to find a manager so who knows how that will effect them. Hard to see them being anything much more or much less than mid table.

Ayr, Arboath, Morton and QOS look to be teams that will be at the bottom end of the league. Abroath and QOS look fairly settled and unless they loose some players or their managers will be competitive

Ayr have still to adjust to life under Hopkin so I would expect their squad and style to change to suit hoof ball tactics. Changing style is never easy and if early results aren't good they might be under pressure.

Morton just avoided the drop but they are about to go into fan ownership at potentially the wrong time of the season which may result in them losing McPherson as their manager and some players. They need a complete squad overhaul so its hard to see how they get through that without some negative effect.

When you get the likes of Raith Rovers outbidding us, then you know next season is going to be tough. Mid table will be a decent effort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

When you get the likes of Raith Rovers outbidding us, then you know next season is going to be tough. Mid table will be a decent effort.

I imagine that is the 500K they got compared to our 150K.  It is a tough looking league.

4 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Mind you they have signed zannatta and are trying to sign an injury prone ATS so maybe they will have an achillies heel

1 hour ago, Grubber8468 said:

we really shouldn't be overly worried about a team with Zanatta in it..... one of the worst over past three years!

Totally agree.  He looked fab on debut and every game thereafter got worse.  Not a fan of serial divers wearing the red and yellow either.

28 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Totally agree.  He looked fab on debut and every game thereafter got worse.  Not a fan of serial divers wearing the red and yellow either.

Heard we were going to sign Jacques Cousteau years ago, but he was always to deep. :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Why do we use “ Sylvia “ as our run out tune ,great song but curious to know why it came to pass ? .

Did we also use the Adams Family theme tune at one time. ?

And the theme from The Banana Splits!

1 hour ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Why do we use “ Sylvia “ as our run out tune ,great song but curious to know why it came to pass ? .

Did we also use the Adams Family theme tune at one time. ?

Being a pedant, I don't think we ever used Sylvia as a run out tune, rather a 14.45 tune as you're walking up to the ground/buying a pie. I remember the Banana Splits being a running out tune for a while. I couldn't tell you whether we have a running out tune now despite being a regularly attending season ticket holder (pre covid obviously).

We did have a particularly hideous German-style football chant tune a few years ago (again as a "14.45 tune") which I'm very glad to see the back of.

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
grammar