What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

2 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Being a pedant, I don't think we ever used Sylvia as a run out tune, rather a 14.45 tune as you're walking up to the ground/buying a pie. I remember the Banana Splits being a running out tune for a while. I couldn't tell you whether we have a running out tune now despite being a regularly attending season ticket holder (pre covid obviously).

We did have a particularly hideous German-style football chant tune a few years ago (again as a "14.45 tune") which I'm very glad to see the back of.

I remember the Banana Splits but am sure we used the Adams Family Theme for a short while....which is kind of apt for Thistle I thought .

8 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Confirms what I always thought. The man is a delusional prick. 

7 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

What an absolute **** ... just promoted by the back door and already playing the billy big mouth ... they will breakaway from your team when you get relegated next season ya tadger 

I wont attempt to comment on his character, or the bollocks that he spouts regarding the missing vote, but much of what he says is actually true and what some on here, including my self, were suggesting last year.

It can't be denied that there are 3 tiers of club in the SPFL - OF, full-time clubs and part-time clubs. Each group has different objectives and it is not always easy to find a consensus

A split into a full-time league structure (2 leagues of 12 to start with and maybe 14 in second tier if Cove/Airdrie want to commit) and part-time league structure (maybe include Highland/Lowland) would make some sense. No promotion to the full-time leagues unless your club is prepared to go full-time and no relegation from full-time. This would allow clubs like ours to protect their investment and with no relegation might take some pressure off and allow managers to blood young players in the second half of the season.  It should also be easier to find sponsorship for a smaller full-time league

It still doesn't resolve the OF, but one thing at a time

On 5/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, G SUS said:

Brechin City are heading to the Highland League. They did approach the SFA about shifting the goalposts for which league to go to but the Lowland League teams voted against it and refused to change the rules of where clubs go.

Further to this (from Raman Bhardwaj)

Brechin trying to gain entry to Lowland League: offering to pay LL clubs £1000 for every game they play away. Also offering LL fans free entry to Glebe Park.LL clubs not having it -rejected 17-0 at AGM vote. Brechin don’t want to play in Highland League for geographical reasons

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Further to this (from Raman Bhardwaj)

Not surprised now that the Lowland League has established a ‘pay your way in’ precedent - although I think it is the tougher way back into the league.

Just really wish Brechin would take their medicine. 

30 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

50 years ago this week, Mercury Records released a Rod Stewart album called Every Picture Tells a Story.

Why is this relevant?

The B-side of the first single from this album topped the UK charts on 23rd October 1971.

Would I be rite in saying Maggie May!!!!!

On 5/30/2021 at 10:14 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Possibly just one I've overlooked but I can't mind seeing this one from Mitchell Library before. Can anyone enlighten me?

Jags 006.jpg

Was that not from that one time when Owen Coyle was reported to have been seen on Firhill road?

• Like 1