What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

I've mentioned a couple of times that despite not getting any hard cash for Nisbet that his success still reflects well on the Youth Academy. That in turn could sway parents to sign up their sons at Firhill. Certainly a good selling tool for the Academy.

Here's an example of such publicity. Free publicity at that. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-hendry-kevin-nisbet-partick-24244792

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sb1876 said:

Biggest deal ever as it's £1 or £2 more than the total of the 2 year deal we had previously!!  Unfortunately this is a 5 year deal so probably the usual spfl incompetence, trumpeted as a success?

More than likely. Not seen any actual monetary details mentioned. That says a lot imo.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As DD says we have an overload of elder players. If we had remained in League One, just maybe, but given a choice retaining Cardle would've my preference.

Good point about Cardle. I'm not so sure about Squiddy myself but maybe useful as back up. 

28 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Not shooting you, but why on earth would 2022/23 fixtures be produced already ? Unless the SPFL have already decided who will be promoted/relegated.