What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

16 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Ayr have asked that their home game against Raith Rovers this Saturday be postponed due to covid cases.

Airdrie v Alloa game has been postponed as Airdrie don't have enough players to fufil the fixture due to players self isolating, so I would assume Ayr will be granted that request also.

Will happen more and more in the coming months, until enough players are double vaccinated and can avoid the self isolation rule with a negative test. 

30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

With Rangers in trouble due to covid, I was sure there would be a change from the 3-0 forfeit. 

Make up the rules as they go along.

Makes you wonder: might teams who got punished by the award of a 3-0 defeat not so long ago have a valid case for taking (legal) action? Whereas clubs voted for the relegation scenarios that saw us get relegated, did a majority of clubs actually vote in favour of the 3-0 decree?

And if that punishment is now going to be "arbitrarily" halted, especially if there is again no vote, then big questions arise.

10 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Makes you wonder: might teams who got punished by the award of a 3-0 defeat not so long ago have a valid case for taking (legal) action? Whereas clubs voted for the relegation scenarios that saw us get relegated, did a majority of clubs actually vote in favour of the 3-0 decree?

And if that punishment is now going to be "arbitrarily" halted, especially if there is again no vote, then big questions arise.

The one thing that all Thistle fans should surely know after that past 20 years is that taking a sports body to court for making the rules up as they go along, no matter how unfair or damaging to that club's profitably and business, gets you absolutely nowhere.

1 hour ago, redandyellowallover said:

Airdrie v Alloa game has been postponed as Airdrie don't have enough players to fufil the fixture due to players self isolating, so I would assume Ayr will be granted that request also.

Will happen more and more in the coming months, until enough players are double vaccinated and can avoid the self isolation rule with a negative test. 

I imagine Falkirk will be unhappy about this. Didn’t they have to play Cove with several players missing due to covid

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

With Rangers in trouble due to covid, I was sure there would be a change from the 3-0 forfeit. 

I saw somewhere this morning  that if Rangers forfeit any games the score will be 3-1.  That's to take account of their obligatory penalty.  :happy2:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The 3-0 forfeit is only in cup competitions due to the "congested fixture list" and the need to get the games played at that specific moment to allow the tournament to advance. League games have always been a postponement and an investigation if something has gone wrong - see the Clyde v East Fife game last season which was shifted to the last game of the season. 

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

I imagine Falkirk will be unhappy about this. Didn’t they have to play Cove with several players missing due to covid

Falkirk had players who could play - that is the crucial difference. Their isolation ended hours before the game which meant they could play. The SPFL should have moved the game to the Sunday out of common sense but Falkirk had a squad who could play - Airdrie and Ayr United do not.  

13 hours ago, G SUS said:

The 3-0 forfeit is only in cup competitions due to the "congested fixture list" and the need to get the games played at that specific moment to allow the tournament to advance. League games have always been a postponement and an investigation if something has gone wrong - see the Clyde v East Fife game last season which was shifted to the last game of the season. 

Falkirk had players who could play - that is the crucial difference. Their isolation ended hours before the game which meant they could play. The SPFL should have moved the game to the Sunday out of common sense but Falkirk had a squad who could play - Airdrie and Ayr United do not.  

Cheers - I had forgotten the specifics 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...