What will we talk about for the next 3 months ?

Dick Dastardly

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

In a Zoom meeting earlier this season he said he was doing an interview with Tom English about what went on last season and he won't be holding back. To quote him: "Maxwell will get it, Doncaster will get in and I don't know who Murdoch McLennan is but he will get it as well"

Let’s hope it’s a double barrel they get then 

24 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Well as someone once said you can't please all of the people all of the time. As someone said earlier one league defeat in last 18 games. 6 wins out of last 7 and goals galore. Maybe a double promotion might get you onside?

Nope. He could win the Champions League and I would still not want him anywhere near Firhill.

12 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:
  • No "Must Win" games
  • No votes to decide relegation
  • No court cases to challenge decisions
  • No pending takeover bids
  • No risk to the managers job

Going to be a bit dull around here

Yep.

Discussions about fan fan ownership..., Jacqui Low..., the amazing, wonderful, training facility..., board members.... not really inspiring stuff.

10 hours ago, laukat said:

Don't forget we still have Montrose on Tuesday surely that falls into the must win, not lose ... must not be seen being visibly drunk playing a football match?

Also we still have a large degree of schadenfreude to discuss

Will Brechin go quietly? Will Stranraer tip over the caravans? Will Falkirk redefine 'Hibs-ing it'? Which team will David Hopkin be responsible for relegating from the Championship?

Remember when we'd already won the league then went up to Inverness? Lost 3-0, with several of our players clearly suffering from headaches and a few even looking quite unsteady on their feet. Even so, the post-match pitch invasion was great!

• Like 1

The usual transfer speculation/ fantasy

Fan ownership 

EUROs 

ST sales

Will fans get back

Season expectations and predictions 

Latest shambles from SPFL  (There is always one)

Plenty to be going on with, but now is the time with momentum (finally) going the right way to use this time to drive the fan ownership over the line. New season, new league, new ownership 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

The usual transfer speculation/ fantasy

Fan ownership 

EUROs 

ST sales

Will fans get back

Season expectations and predictions 

Latest shambles from SPFL  (There is always one)

Plenty to be going on with, but now is the time with momentum (finally) going the right way to use this time to drive the fan ownership over the line. New season, new league, new ownership 

Totally agree with that.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

You know that’s just crazy ! Must be something personal, then. 

Not personal as I don’t know the guy, however there are a number of stories and rumours regarding of field activities which I’ll not repeat on a public forum. They would call into question his suitability as a fit and proper person.

As Simon Stainrod will tell you, you can’t polish a turd.

5 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The subject of away days is bound to spring up.

We already know we'll be playing Ayr, Arbroath, Queen of the South & ICT. Usually rather enjoyable trips. Looking at the leagues it's not totally unlikely that Ayr will be our closest rival geographically. 

Surely it would be Accies.

It is possible that we could have 1, 2 or 3 mega-long trips (twice): Inverness for definite, and Cove and/or Ross County possibles.

I do not have a (partickthe) dog in the fight as regards who comes up with us. However, having been to the Falkirk, Airdrie and Morton stadia more times than I care to remember, it would be good to add Cove to my portfolio. 

Then just cup draws at Elgin and Edinburgh Cities to complete my Thistle set (plus Brora or Kelty if either of them clips the Brechin hedge).

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Seemingly the colts teams of you know who might be joining the lowland league for one season only. Discussions are at an early stage. Anybody really believe that once they get into the league set up, it will only be for one season ? :thinking:

Wedge. Thin end of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Can’t reiterate strongly enough how destructive the admission of colts/ reserves teams is to a sporting competition. It really, really f*cks it up. 

Not only that, but it would simply reinforce the idea that the only purpose of all Scottish football is to enhance both the power and wealth of two particular clubs.

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Seemingly the colts teams of you know who might be joining the lowland league for one season only. Discussions are at an early stage. Anybody really believe that once they get into the league set up, it will only be for one season ? :thinking:

Guaranteed that if one of them win the Lowland league they will demand to be allowed into a play off. If they are admitted it should be on the basis that they can't  be promoted and otherwise follow all other rules including transfer windows. They should operate separately from the parent club.

2 hours ago, fifexile said:

Guaranteed that if one of them win the Lowland league they will demand to be allowed into a play off. If they are admitted it should be on the basis that they can't  be promoted and otherwise follow all other rules including transfer windows. They should operate separately from the parent club.

Even if a non promotion rule was adhered to I still think they could **** up the Lowland League. From their youth development point of view they wouldn't understandably necessarily want to play their strongest XI every week. For instance they may want to blood real youngsters against one of the weaker sides in the division and conversely field their strongest team against the better opposition. Besides the very argument for OF colt teams is to better the standard of Scottish Football. Not an opinion I share but to go along with that then logic takes you to the point where the higher up the leagues the colt teams play the better for Scottish Football. Put another way what good would it do for the colt teams development if they were stuck in a league they were constantly winning?

Also what'll start out as a strictly U20 team will no doubt morph into allowing  a couple of overage players then three or four. The subject of a "mentor player" will arise for certain. As partickthedog says, thin edge of wedge.