Montrose v The Champions

exiledjag

Imo our only concern is the health and fitness of the Thistle players. The new season starts in July,we don't want any players picking up injuries that could have them miss the start of next season. The final league positions are decided over the full season,which this season is 22 games not just a game that is played this Tuesday. I am not bothered where other teams finish. They have had the full season to get to the highest position they can.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is plenty of prescient for clubs fielding weakened teams after winning the league and not getting punished. I would hope and expect it applies to all Glasgow clubs.

Think you can add to that clubs playing weakened sides and/or going thru the motions when they've already qualified for the play offs. More so as the play offs are usually only days away.

I actually fancy us better to get a result largely fielding players who didn't feature much on Thursday.  

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is plenty of prescient for clubs fielding weakened teams after winning the league and not getting punished. I would hope and expect it applies to all Glasgow clubs.

I vaguely remember years ago there were complaints when Aberdeen suggested they might play a bunch of youngsters against Celtic in a league match.  They did so and they beat Celtic!  (Don't know how vague or otherwise that is).

3 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Wright

williamson

mckenna

senna

Penrice

lyons

geggan

gordon

cardle (c)

rudden

maciver

Load of youngsters on the bench

If (as is rumoured) Penrice and Williamson have signed precontracts else where then they shouldn't start. Give the appearance money to someone who will be with us. 

32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If (as is rumoured) Penrice and Williamson have signed precontracts else where then they shouldn't start. Give the appearance money to someone who will be with us. 

Williamson has with Falkirk but not heard anything of Penrice moving , who’s he apparently signed with ?

Unless I'm mistaken, pre-contracts are not binding so they could change their minds.

No point pi**ing players off who've just won us the league a few days ago by leaving them out against Montrose unless they've still got a raging hangover!

Edited by gianlucatoni

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

Unless I'm mistaken, pre-contracts are not binding so they could change their minds.

No point pi**ing players off who've just won us the league a few days ago by leaving them out against Montrose unless they've still got a raging hangover!

It usually comes down to what exactly the arrangement states. In Scots Law you can't "agree to agree". So if a pre-contract said "I will sign a contract on June 1, 2021" that would be unenforceable as you're agreeing to do something in future. But if the contract said "I have signed and it is effective from June 1, 2021" then that would be a binding pre- contract. Majority of clubs will ensure its “I have signed “

1 hour ago, Bobbyhouston said:

It usually comes down to what exactly the arrangement states. In Scots Law you can't "agree to agree". So if a pre-contract said "I will sign a contract on June 1, 2021" that would be unenforceable as you're agreeing to do something in future. But if the contract said "I have signed and it is effective from June 1, 2021" then that would be a binding pre- contract. Majority of clubs will ensure its “I have signed “

I’m sure that Docherty wouldn’t have been with us this year if he’d had any way out of his pre-contract

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m sure that Docherty wouldn’t have been with us this year if he’d had any way out of his pre-contract

Or maybe he decided that given he was out of contract and his previous employer was not obliged to offer him furlough Thistle were prepared to honour the contract and pay him he should honour it too?

Neither Penrice or Williamson are indispensable but if its at all possible I would prefer them to remain Jags. 

To the game with Montrose! 

I would like a win and although it's an away game I think we have enough within the squad to win and still not play key players. 

I hope Mcall includes Wright, McKenna, Niang, Lyons, Murray, McIver  in the starting line-up and puts the responsibility to win the game onto their shoulders. 

I also hope Falkirk can take at least a  point from Airdrie! 

I don't see much between Airdrie and Cove and think one or other have a great chance of joining us in the Championship. The championship play off team I suspect will be Ayr. They face a difficult away game at ICT. I expect Arbroath and Moreton to play out a 'cosy' draw  in their final game at gayfield! 

As it's the final game I am going to break my vow and pay to stream the game! 

13 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I don't see much between Airdrie and Cove and think one or other have a great chance of joining us in the Championship. The championship play off team I suspect will be Ayr. They face a difficult away game at ICT. I expect Arbroath and Moreton to play out a 'cosy' draw  in their final game at gayfield! 

You're partly right.   Not so cosy for Morton after all!  You were doing something else on Friday evening?