McCall and Tom English?

Last night on the BBC, McCall mentioned a couple of times sitting down with Tom English for an hour long special. Do you think this will happen or was he just having a dig at Kenny McIntyre? Personally I would love to hear this as English was one of the most vocally outraged journalists about our plight. 

2 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

Last night on the BBC, McCall mentioned a couple of times sitting down with Tom English for an hour long special. Do you think this will happen or was he just having a dig at Kenny McIntyre? Personally I would love to hear this as English was one of the most vocally outraged journalists about our plight. 

Listening to what McColl said both last night, and after the Falkirk game to both Chic Young and jagszone he’s about to get something off his chest and I don’t think it’ll be pleasant for those in the firing line. His answers on Jagszone made me think it’s more than the league high heedyins that’s getting both barrels. 

He does though need to box clever so he doesn’t get charged with bringing game into disrepute by an aggrieved Doncaster or Maxwell

• Like 1

I will look forward to thes revelations and agree that he has to box clever! McCall has to remember that he is an employee of PTFC and therefore recognise any disrepute charge may also be levelled at the Club. 

I must admit to having an issue with the focus on Doncaster! By all means cite him and frequently but let's not forget McLennen! He is the president of the SPFL and a major player, IMO, the key player, in the issues we and Scottish Football have faced in the course of this pandemic. 

McLennen has proved to be very adept at 'sailing under the radar' while letting Doncaster take the heat!  McLennen likes making statements but has avoided placing himself in front of the media to answer questions about last summer and the conduct of the SPFL - some leader! Also his and Doncaster's relation with Newall should have been open to public scrutiny.   IMO there appears to be a number  of conflict of interest issues and as President of the SPFL, a position to which  he should never have been appointed, has been far too close to one particular club! 

So it's not all about Doncaster and let's not forget that! 

One final piece of advice to McCall and that is before he says anything he should speak to a good lawyer! 

Scottish Football badly needs change and there is no better place to start than at the top! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 12:04 AM, exiledjag said:

So it's not all about Doncaster and let's not forget that! 

One final piece of advice to McCall and that is before he says anything he should speak to a good lawyer! 

Scottish Football badly needs change and there is no better place to start than at the top! 

Agree 100%.  Although Doncaster is an incompetent creep. he is only there because people with influence in Scottish Football put him there (and pay him a big bonus even when he fails).  I'd say it's mainly directors of the Old Filth and a few other top level clubs (but a few lower level clubs too unfortunately)  who back him and he is just their mouth piece and deflection shield.  He has failed to get a sponsor for the league, was a disaster over Covid and sees no other way to promote Scottish Football except through the Old Filth and therefore protects them no matter how badly they or their fans behave. Yet they still give him a bonus; that tells you his real job is not to better football in this country.

Phew, rant over.

Edited by Mr Bunny