Thistle Weir Academy

Jaggernaut

Just watched the young Jags completely demolish their Govan "equivalents;" the match was a couple of days ago, and could have ended up a cricket score. Some really terrific play and skills on show..... and none of it from Govan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAM1KlXuU6E

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Just watched the young Jags completely demolish their Govan "equivalents;" the match was a couple of days ago, and could have ended up a cricket score. Some really terrific play and skills on show..... and none of it from Govan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAM1KlXuU6E

will watch it later - what was the score?

2 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

will watch it later - what was the score?

Would not want to spoil your enjoyment by revealing the score, but the performance was really impressive. Totally bossing all the challenges and displaying some nice skills, with a wee bit of ole football at the end to rub it in!

Just watched and agree that there was lots to enjoy from a Jags point of view. However the video is only 21 minutes of highlights and I assumed they would have been produced by ?.^&+"s FC since it was played on their patch. Definitely edited from a Jags perspective because of 2 particular omissions.  Second half - 1) we restarted having lost a goal which wasn't shown, and 2) the other team were down to 10 players, presumably because of a red card which wasn't shown?

Should point out that In the hope of seeing highlights from the dark side I logged in to their web site. No highlights and no score for our game although there were scores from games against C?@%"& and Hearts, and a forthcoming fixture against St.Mirren. (I have since disinfected my laptop).

One question - why do we not see scores for our Academy teams on the PTFC site? 

Further to my previous post, I have gone on to the SFA site and found info re  the Club Academy system - Results and Fixtures. Unfortunately the last result shown was for a game played on 12 March 2020 when lockdown came into effect. It would appear that whoever is charged with updating current activity on this is (sleeping/hibernating/furloughed/no use ).  Well it is the SFA!

13 hours ago, QXBoy said:

Just watched and agree that there was lots to enjoy from a Jags point of view. However the video is only 21 minutes of highlights and I assumed they would have been produced by ?.^&+"s FC since it was played on their patch. Definitely edited from a Jags perspective because of 2 particular omissions.  Second half - 1) we restarted having lost a goal which wasn't shown, and 2) the other team were down to 10 players, presumably because of a red card which wasn't shown?

Should point out that In the hope of seeing highlights from the dark side I logged in to their web site. No highlights and no score for our game although there were scores from games against C?@%"& and Hearts, and a forthcoming fixture against St.Mirren. (I have since disinfected my laptop).

1, It finished 5-3 to Thistle. 

2. There wasn't a red card for either side in the match.

Watched the highlights and there certainly was a lot to saviour from the young Jags. 

I was very impressed with the technical ability especially controlling the ball with a single touch, passing and keeping possession. 

On the basis of these highlights and I  appreciate they are edited I would suggest room for improving finishing and decision making (when in 'final third'! 

However this doesn't detract from a grand performance by the Jags Colts! 

Could we get them into League 2?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2021 at 11:35 PM, G SUS said:

1, It finished 5-3 to Thistle. 

2. There wasn't a red card for either side in the match.

Then please explain why the opposition played with only 10 players from some point in the second half.

2 hours ago, QXBoy said:

Then please explain why the opposition played with only 10 players from some point in the second half.

I don't need to explain anything. 

I was merely clarifying facts around the scoreline which you seemed uncertain on and that no red card was issued to Rangers. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:33 PM, exiledjag said:

Watched the highlights and there certainly was a lot to saviour from the young Jags. 

I was very impressed with the technical ability especially controlling the ball with a single touch, passing and keeping possession. 

On the basis of these highlights and I  appreciate they are edited I would suggest room for improving finishing and decision making (when in 'final third'! 

However this doesn't detract from a grand performance by the Jags Colts! 

Could we get them into League 2?

I think it is doubly impressive when you consider that for most of these young men, there won't have been any structured training for over 14 months!

On 5/8/2021 at 3:38 AM, QXBoy said:

probably cause we hardly win 

On 5/8/2021 at 3:38 AM, QXBoy said:

Bobbyhouston may be partly correct. It's very easy to get a mismatch, especially with the younger age groups. I've seen it often enough with the older kids as well when our more mature youths were out on loan. By and large the older lads won't let it bother them if they've played well but been overrun by an older outfit. Guessing that may be less so with the kids in their early teens.. Publishing results when they don't tell the whole story may be considered counter productive. Not saying of course that being at the wrong end of a mismatch is peculiar to WeirThistle.

Btw a couple of Falkirk fans I know have mentioned that their downturn in fortunes dates back to when they scrapped their youth policy. That may be coincidental but I was usually impressed with their standard anytime our U20s played them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, G SUS said:

I don't need to explain anything. 

I was merely clarifying facts around the scoreline which you seemed uncertain on and that no red card was issued to Rangers. 

Pardon me for asking a sim.ple question

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, elevenone said:

Seems like a good appointment. I recall the game mentioned against Forfar (last home game of that season) we were scrapped a 1-0 victory with Paul's penalty. I stand to be corrected but I think it was a foul on Martin Lauchlan and at the city end.

Also, I see that Scott Allison is off to coach in sunny Florida so best wishes to him.

26 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Seems like a good appointment. I recall the game mentioned against Forfar (last home game of that season) we were scrapped a 1-0 victory with Paul's penalty. I stand to be corrected but I think it was a foul on Martin Lauchlan and at the city end.

Also, I see that Scott Allison is off to coach in sunny Florida so best wishes to him.

You are quite correct that Martin Lauchlan hit the deck at the City End. Whether it was a foul......?  :thumbsup2: