McCall and This Season……

javeajag

On 5/13/2021 at 3:41 PM, javeajag said:

So just met Ian McCall in Hughenden and congratulated him on this season.

I then asked him about next season and the summary is ...

1 there is a board meeting tonight to discuss his proposal to sign 5 A listers ( his term) 

2 he believes we should push the boat out to build on the momentum of this season without getting the club in debt

3 he is hopeful of signing tiffoney but he is not one of the 5 A listers 

Did you happen to meet Sir Ian after he had battered round all the beer gardens in the West End 

On 5/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, javeajag said:

Partick Thistle can confirm that Bradley Renfrew, Andrew Rodden, Luke Scullion and Dean Watson, will not be offered new contracts with the club.

club posted a video of first training session back after the first lockdown , I had to ask my grandson who was the wee fat guy with the fair hair, he said that’s Renfrew, to which I replied I want to know his name , not the town he toured round hoovering up all the takeaway food.

Great to see Bannigan sign on again - he never hides and contributes positively a lot more often than not. Just don't get the trope about him not be the player he was pre-injury. I think he has always looked a player - just not always been part of an on form team.

• Like 2

Really glad that bannigan has signed. He was superb the last 10 games in particular. In my opinion a better player than docherty. Graham and rudden up front next season a more than decent partnership. Still need that goal scoring midfielder. 

16 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

Aaron taylor Sinclair released by livi as well! Would he be worth a punt??

Got a feeling if he's lost any pace he might not be worthwhile. If he's still as fast or perhaps has the ability to cover as a left sided centreback as well as left back then that might be a different matter. 

Docherty and Bannigan is great news. Might be asking a lot of Graham to be effective for another two seasons but perhaps his contract is weighted towards apearances.