McCall and This Season……

javeajag

If Tiff signs our starting 11 is starting to  look very promising. I’d guess 2 Center backs and 2 winger/attacking players in now.
Wonder if Penrice leaving would mean another player coming in? 

Yeah surely it’s time for O’ware to move on.. Im really disappointed it didn’t work out for him because I was always a fan of his when he played for Morton.

If there are more signings to come We can only assume St Sales are going well. 

There is certainly a buzz/air of anticipation around the club at the moment! McCall would call this momentum. Are we as fans beginning to think that a back to back promotion is a possibility? 

Encouraging news on the signing front- McCall definitely seems to be keeping the momentum going. Sounds as though tiffoney will be the next to be announced- but suspect penrice will be going the other way as very little has been said about him thus far by McCall and he’s out of contract. 

10 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I’d say who we get in Goalkeeper wise will depend on who sign to finish off our defence,

I’d take Wright back from Rangers If we get enough experience heads in defence I’d be happy with 2 youngish goalkeepers.

Agree. 

Wright's performance in the final game v Montrose (and his mistake for the first goal) was uncharacteristic! He has the makings of a very good keeper. 

I also think that Sneddon is showing signs of maturing and it is worth persevering with him. 

Against Airdrie when we were under pressure in the second half his dealing of the high ball took a lot of pressure off our hard pressed but resolute defence. Also he has very good technique in terms of getting his body behind the ball. He hasn't yet shown the 'great save' that Wright has shown but hopefully that will come! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Agree. 

Wright's performance in the final game v Montrose (and his mistake for the first goal) was uncharacteristic! He has the makings of a very good keeper. 

I also think that Sneddon is showing signs of maturing and it is worth persevering with him. 

Against Airdrie when we were under pressure in the second half his dealing of the high ball took a lot of pressure off our hard pressed but resolute defence. Also he has very good technique in terms of getting his body behind the ball. He hasn't yet shown the 'great save' that Wright has shown but hopefully that will come! 

The only thing for me regarding Sneddon is that he has been with us since 2017 and I had hoped he would have matured as a goalkeeper a bit quicker than he has done so far.  

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If it is true, you do know that in August he will pick up an injury that will end his season. It is the script that all big signings follow.

12 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Or it will end up like Keown, impressive on loan, but once signed up...

Come on guys lighten up less of the negativity .....................................................

Assuming Tiffoney signs our starting eleven with ages in brackets start to look something like this

Sneddon (24)

Foster(35)-Brownlie(27)-A.N.Other-Holt(28)

Turner (23)-Docherty(28)-Bannigan (28)

Rudden (21)-Graham (34)-Tiffoney (23)

Its a starting eleven that has as many players at the peak of their career (ages27-29) as players with potential (ages 21-24). If Bell or another centre half over 30 signs or Dobbie we are still quite a young team with pace, potential, experience and leaders.

The remaining squad places so far are mainly made up of relatively experienced younger players such as McKenna, Niang, Gordon, Murray and MacIver.

If you consider that only Bannigan, Sneddon and Gordon were in Caldwells team thats quite a turn around in less 18 months. Gone are the jobbing proffessionals looking for a pay cheque but giving little in return.

Whatever happens next its nice to see a proper transfer strategy and structure that look like building a team for both the present and the next few seasons.

19 minutes ago, laukat said:

Assuming Tiffoney signs our starting eleven with ages in brackets start to look something like this

Sneddon (24)

Foster(35)-Brownlie(27)-A.N.Other-Holt(28)

Turner (23)-Docherty(28)-Bannigan (28)

Rudden (21)-Graham (34)-Tiffoney (23)

Its a starting eleven that has as many players at the peak of their career (ages27-29) as players with potential (ages 21-24). If Bell or another centre half over 30 signs or Dobbie we are still quite a young team with pace, potential, experience and leaders.

The remaining squad places so far are mainly made up of relatively experienced younger players such as McKenna, Niang, Gordon, Murray and MacIver.

If you consider that only Bannigan, Sneddon and Gordon were in Caldwells team thats quite a turn around in less 18 months. Gone are the jobbing proffessionals looking for a pay cheque but giving little in return.

Whatever happens next its nice to see a proper transfer strategy and structure that look like building a team for both the present and the next few seasons.

Thus far Sneddon hasn’t been signed 

8 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

The only thing for me regarding Sneddon is that he has been with us since 2017 and I had hoped he would have matured as a goalkeeper a bit quicker than he has done so far.  

Isn't that  because managers tend to prefer "more established" keepers or loanees who are expected to go right into the first team? It's not surprising if it seems to take a long time for a youngster to mature in those circumstances. It looked to me like Sneddon was looking absolutely fine as our keeper the longer last season went on.