McCall and This Season……

javeajag

Very good bit of business today.

Turner is a player that has pace, youth and an eye for for a pass. With Docherty being the defensive midfielder, Bannigan play the link between forward and attack and finally in Tuner a midfielder able to get beyond the forwards our midfield looks very decent. It also changes our fomation from last year potentially pusing us more towards a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. It also pretty much says Penrice is not a starter so may be the exchange with livingston for Tiffoney is close to the truth.

Foster is a good signing. There on't be many better right backs playing in the championship next season.

Also interesting to see Gordon being talked about in the same way as MacIver. I think McCall has them down as squad players with a season to prove they can do it. Wasn't convinced by Gordon but my expectation was for him to secure a starting position and be a dominant midfielder. Perhaps he will be a better player with less epectation on him and at 23 he's still pretty young.

MacIver will probably be cover for Graham. He looked pretty decent in the air, got into good goalscoring positions but struggled to convert. Perhaps that may come and he may kick on.

Clearly McCall wants another striker.  I would assume MacIver covers Graham so I presume he looking for cover for Rudden. Maybe if the money is right this is where Dobbie fits in?

I presume the player McCall lost out to Dundee and Dundee United on is Luke McCowan.

If he thinks we need another 4 outfield players I would assume that is a striker, 2 wingers and a defender. Tiffoney maybe one of the wingers, Dobbie perhaps the striker leaving a defender and another winger. So can't see us signing Bell and Mulgrew, it would pretty much have to be one or the other unless Penrice leaving means McCall might be looking for a 5th?

No idea who the other winger would be but McDaid easy name to throw in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, laukat said:

Turner is a player that has pace, youth and an eye for for a pass. With Docherty being the defensive midfielder, Bannigan play the link between forward and attack and finally in Tuner a midfielder able to get beyond the forwards our midfield looks very decent. It also changes our fomation from last year potentially pusing us more towards a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. It also pretty much says Penrice is not a starter so may be the exchange with livingston for Tiffoney is close to the truth.

Foster is a good signing. There on't be many better right backs playing in the championship next season.

Also interesting to see Gordon being talked about in the same way as MacIver. I think McCall has them down as squad players with a season to prove they can do it. Wasn't convinced by Gordon but my expectation was for him to secure a starting position and be a dominant midfielder. Perhaps he will be a better player with less epectation on him and at 23 he's still pretty young.

MacIver will probably be cover for Graham. He looked pretty decent in the air, got into good goalscoring positions but struggled to convert. Perhaps that may come and he may kick on.

Clearly McCall wants another striker.  I would assume MacIver covers Graham so I presume he looking for cover for Rudden. Maybe if the money is right this is where Dobbie fits in?

I presume the player McCall lost out to Dundee and Dundee United on is Luke McCowan.

If he thinks we need another 4 outfield players I would assume that is a striker, 2 wingers and a defender. Tiffoney maybe one of the wingers, Dobbie perhaps the striker leaving a defender and another winger. So can't see us signing Bell and Mulgrew, it would pretty much have to be one or the other unless Penrice leaving means McCall might be looking for a 5th?

Ran out of likes. Very good summing up. The great Lambie always said he was 4 players short as well.

24 minutes ago, laukat said:

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Unless we are getting Wright back from the blue brigade we need a goalkeeper as well..

Absolutely need a keeper.

I wondered if McCall might be looking to get a keeper form the one of the 2 arse cheeks but is waiting to see what both will do with Wright and Doohan.

I wouldn't be adverse to going back for Wright. He looked to have more potential than Sneddon but still quite raw and will make some mistakes. If we are going to help iron out his mistakes I would like to think we will sign him permanently but at the age he is I suspect Sevco will only look at a loan.

However I would prefer Ross Doohan at Celtic. He has far more experience at Championship level and is probably more clearly a first choice keeper than Wright. Celtic had him out at loan at both Ross County and Dundee United last season and perhaps he might want a permanent deal with a club that has ambition and want him as their first choice?