McCall and This Season……

javeajag

My last post for tonight. 

I see Ross County have released a number of players, notably Vigurs, Mckay and Gardyne. 

Would we be interested in any of these guys or do we already have enough over 30s?

I read an article by Vigurs in which he slaughters the club, McGregor and Ferguson for the manner in which they handled the release of the players. Gardyne was apparently told he was being released via a Zoom meeting! 

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

read an article by Vigurs in which he slaughters the club, McGregor and Ferguson for the manner in which they handled the release of the players. Gardyne was apparently told he was being released via a Zoom meeting! 

Have they got Caldwell in as their PR advisor?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

My last post for tonight. 

I see Ross County have released a number of players, notably Vigurs, Mckay and Gardyne. 

Would we be interested in any of these guys or do we already have enough over 30s?

I read an article by Vigurs in which he slaughters the club, McGregor and Ferguson for the manner in which they handled the release of the players. Gardyne was apparently told he was being released via a Zoom meeting! 

Foster stated in an interview last week during the Morton/Airdrie game he was not happy about how he and a number of other players were released from Ross County last season.

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Are you referring to the support from the Weir Family? 

If you are I think there is a big distinction to be made between the Weir Family support and support given to other clubs and their benefactors. In the latter case benefactors were prepared to devote/target funding directly to first team signings, for example, Killie/Boyd and DundeeUtd/Shankland! 

With the Jags Weir Funding went into the Academy and was also targeted on a Training Centre which subsequently went to buying the club/stadium to be transferred to fan ownership! Weir Funding as far as I am aware did not go directly to funding player signings or the first team squad! 

The above is based on what I have drawn from a variety of media sources so there may be. Inaccuracies. 

Not specifically the Weir money, but LIB was suggesting that other clubs had spent money they probably didn’t have, or at least didn’t intend to spend, in order to chase promotion or avoid relegation. I was just pointing out that with McDonnald, and others, we have done exactly the same thing.

I agree that the Weir money is a very different thing.

29 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

Did the club not receive funds from three black cats last season due to J Lowe being a director of both organisations.

May well have done as 3BC also gave grants to a good few community /youth organisations in the Maryhill area. Shakespeare Youth Club being one.

48 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

Did the club not receive funds from three black cats last season due to J Lowe being a director of both organisations

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/partick-thistle-posts-128000-trading-loss-as-covid-bites/

I think this is what you are referring to:

"Despite this, with no clear indication of when – or if – fans might return to Firhill, the worst-case budget for season 2020/21 still indicated a significant shortfall, even with access to cash reserves. With the Board in agreement that borrowing was not currently an option due to a prudent “no debt” policy, the current majority shareholder in the Club, Three Black Cats, offered financial assistance through an injection of cash to cover the remaining shortfall indicated in the budget. We are grateful for that support."

23 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Foster stated in an interview last week during the Morton/Airdrie game he was not happy about how he and a number of other players were released from Ross County last season.

It seems Gardyne was away for a few days and due to return home (to Dingwall?) the following day. 

Someone at RC suggested they delay the announcement 24 hours so that the player could be told he was being released at a face to face meeting. Roy McGregor apparently over ruled this and ordered that Gardyne be contacted, a Zoom meeting arranged and the player informed! 

The man is all heart! 

UOut of the more experienced guys mentioned  I’d really like it if we managed to get Mulgrew in, I just think he’d be an ideal signing even at his age. Feel like he would bring quite a lot to the team.. Experienced, good in the air and he has a great left peg for free kicks.  

7 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

UOut of the more experienced guys mentioned  I’d really like it if we managed to get Mulgrew in, I just think he’d be an ideal signing even at his age. Feel like he would bring quite a lot to the team.. Experienced, good in the air and he has a great left peg for free kicks.  

The Mulgrew rumour may have more substance than I initially gave it credit. I also think he would be a very decent signing for us, giving us a solid foundation with Brownlie, Foster and Holt. If we can add Tiffoney with another quality attacking midfielder I dont think we will be too far away. The level of quality could/will be determined by the quantity of season tickets sold.  

On that last point, Im curious to know how many season tickets were sold when we were in the premier league.

Edited by MonehJags

3 hours ago, MonehJags said:

The Mulgrew rumour may have more substance than I initially gave it credit. I also think he would be a very decent signing for us, giving us a solid foundation with Brownlie, Foster and Holt. If we can add Tiffoney with another quality attacking midfielder I dont think we will be too far away. The level of quality could/will be determined by the quantity of season tickets sold.  

On that last point, Im curious to know how many season tickets were sold when we were in the premier league.

If you have a look at slide 10 in the link below it gives figures for our last season in the top flight.

https://cdn-5dd296c4f911cc1c581d2ef3.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/PTFC-Trust-Open-Day-29th-July-2018_final.pptx

5 hours ago, MonehJags said:

Hi,  I dont think the Mulgrew deal is happening now, we are def looking for a similar kind of quality signing at CB though

44 minutes ago, jaggymct said:

Hi,  I dont think the Mulgrew deal is happening now, we are def looking for a similar kind of quality signing at CB though

Bell? Who is a quality centre back and likely a lot cheaper than mulgrew. Would rather not have used up most of the budget on one player anyway 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

If you have a look at slide 10 in the link below it gives figures for our last season in the top flight.

https://cdn-5dd296c4f911cc1c581d2ef3.closte.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/PTFC-Trust-Open-Day-29th-July-2018_final.pptx

Thanks for that. Going by the graphic we sold 1926 season tickets in our final season following a top 6 finish. It would then be remarkable if we were able to beat that this season. In saying that, following the COVID outbreak and the lock downs, there could be a surge in the number buying, either because they have found a renewed enthusiasm or as a means of a donation should the restrictions still be in place for the start of next season

Edited by MonehJags

16 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Thanks for that. Going by the graphic we sold 1926 season tickets in our final season following a top 6 finish. It would then be remarkable if we were able to beat that this season. In saying that, following the COVID outbreak and the lock downs, there could be a surge in the number buying, either because they have found a renewed enthusiasm or as a means of a donation should the restrictions still be in place for the start of next season

Also, if crowd numbers are limited,  there is more chance of getting into Firhill with a season ticket.