McCall and This Season……

javeajag

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Does seem strange.

This link works if you are wanting to buy or renew over the weekend:

https://ptfc.co.uk/season-tickets/

Only 3 weeks until the first competitive game!

Thanks FT, I'd already renewed but was looking for my Auntie, who wanted to buy a surprise one for my Uncle.

All sorted now and 2 more ST's in the bag.

• Like 3

Good to see second keeper almost signed.  From what McCall said O'Ware seems to be in the plans at least as a back up centre back.  Unless he plans to move him on once he's fit and bring someone else in.  That would be OK with me if it was some one who could play two or more defensive positions.  We're probably looking for another winger/attacker but everyone knows that.  

26 minutes ago, Mr Bunny said:

Good to see second keeper almost signed.  From what McCall said O'Ware seems to be in the plans at least as a back up centre back.  Unless he plans to move him on once he's fit and bring someone else in.  That would be OK with me if it was some one who could play two or more defensive positions.  We're probably looking for another winger/attacker but everyone knows that.  

Think the fact that O'Ware is right sided works against him. He looked particularly awkward when played on left side (eg Dunfermline away). Feel we still need a natural left centreback regardless of whether Tam stays with us. 

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think the fact that O'Ware is right sided works against him. He looked particularly awkward when played on left side (eg Dunfermline away). Feel we still need a natural left centreback regardless of whether Tam stays with us. 

Not got strong views on whether Tam stays or goes. However, he does/did seem to be marginally more likely than other centre back options to actually score a goal for us. 

24 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

We played a trialist right sided centreback today.

His first 5 minutes were akin to Scott McKenna”s introductory cameo against Croatia. Before he even touched the ball he was beaten at the back and hauled the Kelty player down. Yellow card,  In a real game, it might well have been red. Then gave the ball away and almost conceded a goal.

Improved a little after that!

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

The daily ranger has us and dundermline interested in taking Kai Kennedy from rangers on loan 

Is highly thought of but I think he plays in a role that we have covered. I'm sure he's right footed and favours playing down the left hand side. That's  likely to be where we deploy Tiffoney plus Murray regularly plays from there. What we need is a "Stevie Lawless" type. Left footed to cut in from the right.

6 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Gone all quiet on the transfer front... Any speculation? Owen Coyle seen walking up Maryhill Road... 

Deal for a goalkeeper to be done by next week, and also likely to take Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers until the end of the season. He's just been named in UEFA's Youth Team of the Season.