McCall and This Season……

javeajag

35 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

OS - we have signed 28 Yr old Kevin Holt. His "natural" position is according to McCall, Left Back and he can cover Central defence as well. Don't know much about Holt though seems he was at Dundee earlier in his career. 

Hope this doesn't mean we are releasing Foster. His performances in the last 10 games were very good both in defence and attack! 

Anyone know about Holt? 

I would hope we to keep Foster but play him in his natural position of right back.

A back four of Foster, Brownlie, Bell and Holt would be pretty decent in my opinion. Just need Bell signed up unless the Mulgrew rumours are true?

Foster was hinting on Off The Ball at the weekend that he was staying, so I expect that he will get at least a year. I like how McCall goes for players that can play a number of positions, as this will be key next season. 

I’m expecting to sign a goalkeeper, ‘Who can also fill in at Right Back...’ :lol::fan:

4 hours ago, laukat said:

Kevin Holt signs. Guess thats the end of Penrice as a left back?

2 hours ago, ThickAsThieves said:

Or the end of Penrice as a Thistle player. 

I would like to see Penrice remaining at Firhill but playing further forward in a wide midfield position which he has done successfully for Livingston and East Fife! 

I would have thought wide left midfield would have been Penricd's best position but I recall a fellow poster saying his best performance for the Jags was on thr right! 

Either way I hope we retain him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

I would like to see Penrice remaining at Firhill but playing further forward in a wide midfield position which he has done successfully for Livingston and East Fife! 

I would have thought wide left midfield would have been Penricd's best position but I recall a fellow poster saying his best performance for the Jags was on thr right! 

Either way I hope we retain him

Would be happy for him to stay too, but if it helps us get Tiffoney (ie. our right to compensation cancels out their right to compensation), then I wouldn’t be too upset. 

6 hours ago, east end jag said:

A video of Kevin Holt from his time with Pafos FC. A few years old now, but gives a wee idea of how he plays.

Subject to the extract being edited to show off the player Holt looks decent. Reasonable pace and although defenders will always make sliding tackles I liked the way he tried to stay on his feet. He also seems to be a good passer of the ball, is tenacious and wins the ball as well. 

19 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Jesus! Bell at 36, Mulgrew at 36, Dobbie at 38, Graham in his 30's, Foster about 35, Bannigan in his 30's. A fine young exciting side McCall is building. Loving these A listers. Lol

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Jesus! Bell at 36, Mulgrew at 36, Dobbie at 38, Graham in his 30's, Foster about 35, Bannigan in his 30's. A fine young exciting side McCall is building. Loving these A listers. Lol

Bannigan is 28.

Also it is a squad we need and there are others such as Rudden, Sena and Murray (hopefully Tiffoney as well) who are in their early 20s so it is a balancing act.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Let's see what the final squad looks like and more to the point how they compete next season. I liked his comment that he is aiming to emulate lambie's back to back promotions. Maybe more humble pie for you to digest....again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Emulate Lambie? Hahaha!

I don't know why you hang yourself out there ? The squad isn’t built, the season hasn’t started but you have already written off the possibility of promotion ? It’s all very well criticising once the season has started, but even then it can backfire on you  - as it just did.

I think that you need to lighten up a wee bit G R E 2...I was calling for Mc Calls head 8 weeks ago but he turned it around big time and got us promotion from out of nowhere...It's just a pity that we were not there to see the last few games....The Falkirk game has got to be the best 90 minutes by a Jags team for years..Let's all get behind McCall and the team for life back in the championship.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Was there maybe a hint that Forrest was one too?  I wonder whether it is Bell and Mulgrew or one or the other. Was Mulgrew still getting game time last season ?

Forrest is under contract at Livi and doing well there so unfortunately will not be coming to us