Scottish Cup Final

jaggy

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Interesting that 3 of our Premiership relegation squad are playing in this today. 

As I type this Benny Rooney's great nephew (?) has just scored

Callum Booth demonstrating why he was an integral component in Thistle's top 6 finish.

Like Stephen O'Donnell, a very underrated full back.

• Like 1

Just now, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Congratulations to St. Johnstone. Shows what a well run club can do.

Great to see an unfancied club do so well in the cesspit that is Scottish football, especially after the way the game was maladministered last year.

Delighted for St Johnstone and their fans - hope they savour it.

• Like 1

Hibs did well this season but St Johnstone showed up their limitations and perhaps showed that Davidson could be a manager to be reckoned with.  A medium sized club with medium finances winning two of the three big trophies in one season  is a far more impressive feat than one of the Old Firm winning the league, especially when the other half throws in the towel before half way.  Not that what goes for sports journalists in this country will ever admit it.  There was no luck involved either, well deserved.

13 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

Imagine winning the Scottish Cup and League Cup in a season and having no memories to look back on beyond what you saw on a screen.

Are you for real?

St Johnstone's achievement is embedded in everyone's memory - and we've all enjoyed it, not just their own supporters.

Something for our own club to aspire to.

7 minutes ago, One t in Scotland said:

I'm talking about St. J supporters who didn't get to see a single game in a season they will never surpass.  I genuinely feel sorry for them.

I could be wrong, but your message comes across as jealousy.

Who's to say Callum Davidson can't win the league with St Johnstone Leicester style in the next year or two?

First of all congratulations to St. Johnstone. It is always good to have teams outwith the bigot brothers winning a major competition in Scotland, but when one of the so called provincial clubs wins both major cups in the one season it is extra special. Also having spent a few hours in the company of Callum Booth in 2016 i was really happy for him, a really nice person. I know it has already been awarded, but Callum Davidson should be manager of the year. I think i know what @One t in Scotland means, the St. Johnstone fans will be delighted with this season, but i am sure they must have a tinge of regret that they could not be present in person at any games, particularly the finals of a history making season. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I think i know what @One t in Scotland means, the St. Johnstone fans will be delighted with this season, but i am sure they must have a tinge of regret that they could not be present in person at any games, particularly the finals of a history making season. 

Gotta agree with that.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much in awe of St Johnstone this season. What an achievement to get that double despite two teams being probably 10 times wealthier (on paper at least`), being one of the more modestly supported clubs in the top flight, and having (deservedly) built up a reputation for stuffiness and boring football.

Two 1-0 victories in those finals might be taken as some support for that reputation, but from the highlights I saw of yesterday's match they actually showed some great attacking flair and fast play.

Basically, as a Thistle supporter I'm envious of their recent history compared to ours; mucho envious. 

On 5/22/2021 at 11:44 PM, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Gotta agree with that.

My pal's one of the Saints stream commentators and I think he's been at every game bar one and did the commentary on both cup finals. Think he's hyper-aware of how lucky he has been - pretty much the only fan to have been at all these games.