Convince me, dissuade me...

thebiglemon

I have bought a season ticket for years, but then i go to every home game. Other reason to buy is it gives the club money before the season starts. At the end of the day it is all down to personal choice. No matter what you decide i hope you get to a good number of games in the coming season. :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

There's also the thing about continuing restrictions. Will we have full crowds by the start of the season? The ST at least gives you a chance of entry if there has to be a ballot.

As an aside, I've just realised, when I renew my ST in a few days time it will be my last full price one. Concession next year! :huh:

• Like 1

Just now, scotty said:

There's also the thing about continuing restrictions. Will we have full crowds by the start of the season? The ST at least gives you a chance of entry if there has to be a ballot.

As an aside, I've just realised, when I renew my ST in a few days time it will be my last full price one. Concession next year! :huh:

No way! You don't look that old!

I was never a season ticket holder and always just paid at the gate even when I attended every game in the season.  I buy a season ticket now despite only attending less than a handful of games a year.  It just appeases my conscious that I'm supporting  the Jags in whatever way I'm able and I can afford to do it today.

The injustices of the past year (and beyond) have made me more determined than ever to be at the box-office door when it opens tomorrow.

However, that's a not a very compelling argument and not particularly helpful to you, I'm sure.

thebiglemon, there is no "I'm a better fan than anyone else" in any of this so really, in the end, it makes no difference if you pay as you go or pay in advance but for any business to have an accurate grasp of revenue is invaluable when establishing a budget.  So, I'd encourage any fan that can afford it and make that commitment, especially as we move to towards fan ownership, to help IMac put the best  team on the field that we know we can afford without guessing who will turn up on match days.  

If the directors take the view that we don't want to jeopardise the club by spending beyond our budget, and they are guessing about possible revenue, we won't put out the best team we might be able to  afford,  and if we put out a poorer team team than we can actually afford, then numbers will drop as the season goes on and a conservative budget will become a self fulfilling prophesy of mediocrity.

If we want the best possible team on the park then we have to give an indication of our commitment to pay the best players wages for the entire season and buying a season ticket gives that signal of intent.  If we have aspirations of back to back titles we have to show the same commitment to the season that we are asking players to make.

Hope that helps to persuade you, if you can afford to make that commitment.

(let's face it, there is no bloody interest in the bank anyway)

• Like 2

I bought my first ever season tick last season totally aware that I might not be allowed to travel to Firhill or to see any games. I also made contributions to the  Go Fund! Why don't you consider  buying  a ST and consider the purchase as a donation as well - a sort of doubling up!

The ST  to attend games and a donation by not claiming a rebate for games you can't attend. In this way you can ignore other forms of raising funds for the club, eg the Go Fund. 

The above assumes you can afford to do this. If not don't worry about it. We are all fans and contribute what we can and in our own way! 

• Like 1

Cant make it to every game but as we nearly lost the club a few times particularly under the save the jags era it makes me think I’m doing my bit and hopefully it helps us in the championship secure guys like Tiffoney, McCowan, Bell etc

however everyone’s circumstances, particularly even more so when Covid-19 has affected so many people both health wise and financially- I’m lucky in that I’ve still got an income 

• Like 3

It's highly unlikely again that I'll be able to see any Jags games in the flesh this season. But as somebody mentioned, buying a season ticket can be seen as a year-long (and let's face it, for most people, generous) donation to the club.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford it at the moment, so I'll be renewing. 

• Like 1

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19324154.partick-thistle-manager-ian-mccall-targets-2000-season-tickets/

"The season books are a really big thing. I’m not asking people to do it if they haven’t got the money – that’s fine – but we’ve really got to do it if the club is to be driven forward. " Ian McCall

13 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Being in the Championship will probably result in a couple of Friday night games at Firhill as BBC Scotland have the rights so you can watch us win then go to rehearsals/gigs on Saturdays with a spring in your step.

Eh? Thistle live on the box doesn't usually go well.

On 5/25/2021 at 10:17 PM, Fawlty Towers said:

Being in the Championship will probably result in a couple of Friday night games at Firhill as BBC Scotland have the rights so you can watch us win then go to rehearsals/gigs on Saturdays with a spring in your step.

I read on P&B that every team had two home matches live on Friday nights last season. Or something like 20 Championship matches were shown and it was limited to 2 home matches per team so they didn't lose out on too much streaming revenue.

21 hours ago, twinny said:

I read on P&B that every team had two home matches live on Friday nights last season. Or something like 20 Championship matches were shown and it was limited to 2 home matches per team so they didn't lose out on too much streaming revenue.

That's possible as they ended up with screening a Hearts game with nothing at stake for either side. Hearts did seem to feature more than any other club so a wee bit of lost streaming revenue for the home clubs involved methinks.

I phoned up to renew mine, had hoped to do it last week but had been waiting for family members to get back to me about getting season tickets for them.

Ian McCall must have been in the office at the time as he also thanked me on the phone for renewing it - a really lovely touch as well I thought 

• Like 2

Ever since the save the Jags, always have bought the 3 tickets. In the early years the missus never knew. With 3 grand Barins Nellie, Bertie & Thomas, might buy that extra ticket, you never know...........Anyway there's nae pockets in shrouds.......................That's my excuse. JFFJ.

• 2 months later...