1st league fixture

Albert's Ghost

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Boxing Day game in Inverness???

Possibly the SPFL were anticipating County getting relegated?  I'm sure they'd have really wanted to send us to Dingwall instead.

eta Looks like our back to back away fixtures in Ayrshire keep us out of Glasgow during the Big Climate Change Chinwag. No bad thing, methinks.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I read what looks like some blatant lies in that article. Maybe other readers did too.

If I was lucky enough to be at Firhill when ND was there I'd certainly give him an unforgettable welcome.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I read what looks like some blatant lies in that article. Maybe other readers did too.

If I was lucky enough to be at Firhill when ND was there I'd certainly give him an unforgettable welcome.

People like Doncaster, Maxwell, Petrie, Nelms & that invisible SPFL President, McLennan will always present the 'facts' in a manner that shows they did the right things or they did what was best in an impossible situation! To do otherwise would merely highlight that they were wrong. 

If I were privileged to be at Firhill on flag day I would certainly be with Jaggernaut in making his day as uncomfortable as possible whilst at the same time making sure the manager, team and officials of Partick Thistle FC were praised for their success - in difficult circumstances. 

3 months or longer in the Chinese Space Station would be a fitting reward for Doncaster and the rest of the above motley crew. 

There's a case for "the past is the past, let's move on". The Club made their point at the winner's presentation then immediately said as much. Hearts also appear to be on that same wavelength. With that in mind, why does Doncaster decide to stir the hornet's nest? If the SPFL must squander £380K on a salary would it not be better to split that amount and employ a half decent PR Officer?

The past is past and that is why ND intends to be present at these events - because in normal circumstances he would be present! 

The other view could be that he is attending to reassert his position as SPFL CEO. 

I think ND wants to be present  for the former reason - that is he would normally be present! 

My reason for thinking this - everything I read and hear about this individual suggests he has absolutely no empathy, understanding, awareness or appreciation of the injustice inflicted on 3 football clubs in the pandemic. He is oblivious to the emotional turbulence caused by decisions he helped make! 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Richard Foster in Sweden tonight with BBC Radio Scotland. Why are we allowing that to happen? Surely players should be minimising their risk of exposure to Covid less than 24 hours from the start of the season.

Any chance he might be commentating from a studio in Glasgow? Do broadcasters have the same exception from self-isolation as athletes? 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if club are producing a match programme for tmrw?  Can’t imagine there will be physical sales (same as 50-50) due to covid but ain't see anything about online purchases either.  Would be shame if we did not print one especially as we did all season in league1.  

21 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Does anyone know if club are producing a match programme for tmrw?  Can’t imagine there will be physical sales (same as 50-50) due to covid but ain't see anything about online purchases either.  Would be shame if we did not print one especially as we did all season in league1.  

Sorry don't know how to do a link. From the official site. There will be no programme while the current restrictions are in place. A online bulletin with all stories and current news will be on ptfc.co .uk.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

As above, no match programme for now.  Good to have you back,AJ, hope you're well. 

Screenshot_20210730-134327_Chrome.jpg

All well thanks. Just hadn't  signed in the last couple of times i was on. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing us getting the league flag and hopefully 3 points as well. Hope you and yours are well. :thumbsup2:

What's the team going to be then? Do we go 433 or 442. For me the midfield three we can't afford to drop, if it doesn't work out then we can revert to 442 or a 4231 no bother.

Who knows what team IM will pick, I think it'll be as below. I don't see Mayo or Smith starting as they haven't played with the team yet. 

Stone

Mckenna Bell Holt Foster

Turner Banzo Docherty

Rudden Graham Tiffoney

Bench: Sneddon, Smith, MacIver, Mayo, Niang, Ocholi, Owens, Gordon, Murray.

28 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

What's the team going to be then? Do we go 433 or 442. For me the midfield three we can't afford to drop, if it doesn't work out then we can revert to 442 or a 4231 no bother.

Who knows what team IM will pick, I think it'll be as below. I don't see Mayo or Smith starting as they haven't played with the team yet. 

Stone

Mckenna Bell Holt Foster

Turner Banzo Docherty

Rudden Graham Tiffoney

Difficult choice re goalie. Think maybe Murray or McIver will start ahead of Tiffoney. 

49 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Stone

Mckenna Bell Holt Foster

Turner Banzo Docherty

Rudden Graham Tiffoney

Are we allowed 9 on the bench?