Leon Jones

Albert's Ghost

My view: Give Jones another couple of trials. Thirty years ago I was told that I basically flopped in a competitive job interview, but I got another chance, and went on to do the job that the assessors (and others) admitted later that they were fully satisfied with.

Senna will come come good; if not with us, then maybe with another team, which will be to our regret (unless you're of the  bobbyhouston  school of premature condemnation).

On 6/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, Jaggernaut said:

My view: Give Jones another couple of trials. Thirty years ago I was told that I basically flopped in a competitive job interview, but I got another chance, and went on to do the job that the assessors (and others) admitted later that they were fully satisfied with.

Senna will come come good; if not with us, then maybe with another team, which will be to our regret (unless you're of the  bobbyhouston  school of premature condemnation).

Presume you didn’t watch games he was involved in last season including cup game . Have our standards dropped that far seriously?  

I don't know anything about this player but think it's generally  risky to make decisions about signing a player who falls into the 'trialist' category  based on one game.  The odds, for a number of reasons, are stacked against such players! Decisions should be made over a few games and a period of training with the squad. 

In his early days with us I thought Rudden was way out of his depth but looking at him in the last 11-12 games of last season and I couldn't believe I was watching the same player!