Rangers Friendly

Bobbyhouston

My Rangers friend told me on Monday, with a big smile on his face, his team where going to play a friendly against the 'mighty Partick Thistle' and that Gerrard intends to field his strongest team available! 

I told him he will need his strongest team! 

I am happy we are arranging such games. 

Has anyone noticed that our friendly games so far are with 'friendly clubs. That is with the exception of EK, games with clubs who like us have all had issues with the SPFL.  Is this coincidence, given we have all moved on? 

Where are the' friendly' games with the likes of Ross Co, St Mirren, Hibs, QoS, Raith, Dundee & Dundee Utd? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scotty said:

Been trying since 10 this morning to get through on the phone to Firhill. Must be busy with lots of ST holders buying tickets. :happy2:

I have had the same problem. I receive a message that the number of permitted calls has been exceeded. At first I thought that it was an issue with my mobile, but every other call with it is fine. I tried the home landline just in case and received the same message.

Seems like typical Thistle. I hope they will sort it soon. :wall:

Repeated attempts (28 so far) to call are met with three responses:

·         Licence limit exceeded please contact administrator

·         You have dialled an incorrect number or

·         You get to the ticket office and find an answering machine waiting!

Understandable demand but the frustration of finally getting through and then getting an answering machine!!!!

39 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I have had the same problem. I receive a message that the number of permitted calls has been exceeded. At first I thought that it was an issue with my mobile, but every other call with it is fine. I tried the home landline just in case and received the same message.

Seems like typical Thistle. I hope they will sort it soon. :wall:

Exact same for me. Tried phoning with landline as I don't really use mobiles. I also thought it was an issue with my phone. Will leave it and try again tomorrow.

18 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm the same re calling. It would help if we knew that there was enough tickets to meet demand. I'd imagine anything around 1000 would suffice. But if fans think the allocation is considerably less then it's hardly surprising the lines are jammed.

I guess the limit will be 500 (plus bubbles). And as we are at close to 1,500 ST’s, it is likely there will be some disappointed supporters. 
Although, I can’t go to the Dunfermline game, I am more interested in how the tickets for home games will be allocated - I hope it isn’t going to be whoever is fastest on the phone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I guess the limit will be 500 (plus bubbles). And as we are at close to 1,500 ST’s, it is likely there will be some disappointed supporters. 
Although, I can’t go to the Dunfermline game, I am more interested in how the tickets for home games will be allocated - I hope it isn’t going to be whoever is fastest on the phone.

You'd hope that the club would be speaking to the SG with a view to getting the capacity increased to cover all season ticket holders.

I think there is a limit of 1,000 in seated stadiums, but that you can ask for an increased attendance and it will be assessed. 

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

The Club did say they're using this Monday Friendly as a trial. Altho' I took this to mean operations on the night perhaps and hopefully this also extends to ticket allocation.

I agree "fastest on the phone" shouldn't really be an option. I do tho' see a problem in balloting, which may not be so straightforward with regards to "bubbles".  I suppose so much is riding on the the actual attendance ceiling. It's just my guess but I reckon a much higher than usual percentage of ST holders will want to attend the two home League Cup games. Thinking behind that being we've been starved of attending matches and very few ST holders will be away on holiday this year.

• Like 1

Agree the rules are bizarre. But more to the point is whether we at PTFC are edging towards the draconian or allowing these projected attendances at Wembley were timely. Two* relatives of a friend of mind who attended the Scotland game at Wembley contracted Covid, almost certainly due to going to the game. So I for one am not going to be critical re our approach. 

*both are recovering fine

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:53 AM, exiledjag said:

Has anyone noticed that our friendly games so far are with 'friendly clubs. That is with the exception of EK, games with clubs who like us have all had issues with the SPFL.  Is this coincidence, given we have all moved on?  

If Rangers have issues with the SPFL it shows some folk can never be satisfied. The SPFL and SFA have bent over backwards to help them - and continually ignore issues with their fans - so they don't have any reason to have issues with them, except of course they give  the occasional minor decision against them to keep up their pretence of neutrality.