Rangers Friendly

Bobbyhouston

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So what’s the story on Rudden? Club official line is ‘nothing’ but Rangers TV have apparently said in their commentary that he’s out with a “long term injury and they wish him well and a speedy recovery”. 

Really hope not. The restart of last season we seen what a fit and confident Rudden can do.

Edited by Auld Jag

Always difficult to judge in pre-season friendlies but I thought we played pretty well. First half we probably shaded but second half was more of a struggle when sevco put out all their first teamers.

McKenna in midfield worked as did the pairing of O'Ware and Bell. In general the back 4 looked solid throughout.

Sneddon needs to work on how he deals with passbacks. Some very dodgy clearances particularly in the first half.

Ocholi looks like he might be a decent option from the bench. He has a decent turn of pace and wasn't shy about trying to run at Aribo.

We still look a few players short. Need a goalkeeper and winger minimum. However depending on budget and injuries a striker, leftsided centre back and midfielder may also be needed.

Turner, Brownlie and Rudden would clearly make a difference and give us a very decent starting 11.

This was a good performance.

The CB’s were excellent. Steven Bell must have been a great player when he was young! Big Tam looked like a different player from the slumbering giant who appeared from Morton.

Graham had an unbelievable shift and looked fit and strong. I’m warming to him. 

Tiff was sharp but needs to work on his delivery. We lack creativity if he’s not firing. The 2 central mids may well be the best partnership in the league.

Bring it on with 2 or 3 loan signings.

11 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

According to the assistant manager Rudden will be training tomorrow:

Interview seems to cut when he starts talking about Rudden as if he's not giving much away as to why he hasn't been playing. I know a few people have mentioned self-isolation, but he was dropped entirely from the second Scotland U-21 squad against Northern Ireland despite playing as a sub in the first game. That was more than a few weeks ago.

I've never had much interest in pre-season games, but I couldn't help notice how last night's game panned out pretty much like just about every other game against that lot's predecessors in the last 30 years: a decent enough display by Thistle, with chances to score that don't get converted, then lose an ultimately fatal goal late on. The script was basically written, the players (both sides) just acted it out.

9 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

This was a good performance.

The CB’s were excellent. Steven Bell must have been a great player when he was young! Big Tam looked like a different player from the slumbering giant who appeared from Morton.

Graham had an unbelievable shift and looked fit and strong. I’m warming to him. 

Tiff was sharp but needs to work on his delivery. We lack creativity if he’s not firing. The 2 central mids may well be the best partnership in the league.

Bring it on with 2 or 3 loan signings.

Everyone did really well was really impressed particularly with Holt and McKenna

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I've never had much interest in pre-season games, but I couldn't help notice how last night's game panned out pretty much like just about every other game against that lot's predecessors in the last 30 years: a decent enough display by Thistle, with chances to score that don't get converted, then lose an ultimately fatal goal late on. The script was basically written, the players (both sides) just acted it out.

For 30 years read as Michael said in commentary last night 100 years!