East Kilbride Friendly

Fawlty Towers

Game ended with only one squad player on the pitch. I'm sure we'll be playing a strongish team on Monday night so it's understandable there's been little sign of a good few of our top squad. Both Kelty & EK play on artificial surfaces so perhaps any players returning from knocks haven't been risked. Fawlty Towers posted that we may have had another bounce game today hence split squads. All the management were at EK but maybe there was a closed door game earlier? 

• Like 1

Looking at it again and possibly the EK manager meant today and Monday by having 2 games. 

Good to win again and to do so with quite a young side at the end. Will be interesting to hear from those there as to how the youngsters performed. Jungle drums not as good this week with no names for the trialists yet.

22 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Looking at it again and possibly the EK manager meant today and Monday by having 2 games. 

Good to win again and to do so with quite a young side at the end. Will be interesting to hear from those there as to how the youngsters performed. Jungle drums not as good this week with no names for the trialists yet.

Owens did well again. The wee fella (Doherty?) who played down the right can put in a fair cross. Ocholi took his goal well from a tight angle. McCready looks a capable enough back up keeper. Black (No 8) looked confident. Trialist (No7) saw a lot of the ball and I thought made a decent account of himself. Looks a natural central midfielder but I'm not sure we're really needing more cover in centre mid. Tidy player tho'. As for the 2nd trialist i didn't get much of a look at him. He may be a youngster and if so quite natural if he looked a tad shaky.

Brian graham took his goal well and looked very sharp before sensibly coming off at half time. Stand out player was young Owens he ran the game and never gave the ball away once, all the youngsters where decent and none looked out there depths.  McKenzie (I think)  at right back was good and very confident on the ball,  the young keepers handling taking corners was excellent and full of confidence. Ocholi also looked a decent prospect not afraid to take a player on. The rest where quiet but steady.  Credit to Kieran McKenna who was the only player who played the whole game and I thought he held the young side together really well and lead by example keeping the ball very tidy. As for the 2 trialists, number 7 was busy but nothing special and the other who come on looked very young I assumed he was one of the weir boys originally. Finally, a brilliant feeling to see the jags in person again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeWearsNumber9 said:

Brian graham took his goal well and looked very sharp before sensibly coming off at half time. Stand out player was young Owens he ran the game and never gave the ball away once, all the youngsters where decent and none looked out there depths.  McKenzie (I think)  at right back was good and very confident on the ball,  the young keepers handling taking corners was excellent and full of confidence. Ocholi also looked a decent prospect not afraid to take a player on. The rest where quiet but steady.  Credit to Kieran McKenna who was the only player who played the whole game and I thought he held the young side together really well and lead by example keeping the ball very tidy. As for the 2 trialists, number 7 was busy but nothing special and the other who come on looked very young I assumed he was one of the weir boys originally. Finally, a brilliant feeling to see the jags in person again!

The young right full back who came on was Matthew Doherty who did very well while Zander McKenzie was in midfield (14) whose pass to young Gospel set up the winner.