Are we allowed in for Dunfermline cup game ?

Bobbyhouston

What worries me most is that we looked to be back to the pre-East Fife level

There was very little teamwork, no pace and little desire. Tactically there was no plan B ... just lump it into Big Graham and hope for the best. This year, of all years, I hope that McCall was not considering the league cup as a pre-season friendly competition. It is going to be very hard to qualify from here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There was very little teamwork, no pace and little desire. Tactically there was no plan B ... just lump it into Big Graham and hope for the best. This year, of all years, I hope that McCall was not considering the league cup as a pre-season friendly competition. It is going to be very hard to qualify from here.

Admittedly I've only seen the highlights, but while naturally there were some hopeful crosses aimed at Graham, who got in a couple of (fairly weak) headed efforts from them, there was some good overall movement and fast attacks up front.

For me it's the defensive play, perhaps also the covering midfield efforts, that need to be looked at by all concerned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yep and I think Dunfermline will be awarded 3 points tomorrow as I don’t think Dumbarton players will be recovered from Covid 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Yep and I think Dunfermline will be awarded 3 points tomorrow as I don’t think Dumbarton players will be recovered from Covid 

I don't have a solution but these match concessions come down heavier on the smaller clubs. They have smaller squads and are likely to have limited youth players available. One of the features of the new League Cup format has been lower ranked clubs often progressing from the group stage. Hopefully no more teams have to forfeit games

On 7/12/2021 at 11:20 AM, Third Lanark said:

Dunfermline Athletic are playing St Mirren this evening. 

It's Dumbarton who are playing Stenhousemuir this midweek.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

a minimum of 2000 fans in outdoor stadia from July 19th … clubs can apply for more apparently 

But there doesn't appear to be any change in distancing requirements? If so, while the club can welcome up to 2,000 it might not be logistically possible to accommodate all the distancing requirements. 

4 hours ago, G SUS said:

But there doesn't appear to be any change in distancing requirements? If so, while the club can welcome up to 2,000 it might not be logistically possible to accommodate all the distancing requirements. 

Aberdeen have applied for permission to house over 8000 ... how are they separating the sheep up there :unknw:

15 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Aberdeen have applied for permission to house over 8000 ... how are they separating the sheep up there :unknw:

They have bigger stands plus the double tier stand behind the goal will help. Adding family groups will help increase numbers too. 

4 hours ago, G SUS said:

Social distancing is reduced to 1  metre ?