50/50 Draw 21/22

Fawlty Towers

I'm intrigued by the winning ticket numbers. 1st 80516207; 2nd 79421207. 

I presume that the first prize is still half of the takings. If so, 192 tickets sold. The difference between the first and second number is over a million. So there's something else going on. 

The most I can remember the first prize being is five hundred and something. This equates to ticket sales of just over one thousand. So a four digit number would be enough to allow for sales up to 9999. Therefore only half of the digits are required for the actual ticket number. The only block of four digits that are within 192 of each other are the first four: 8051 - 7942 = 109.

That leaves 6207 & 1207. The last 3 digits are the same. A date code? Today's date is 20/7. Can it be that simple? What if today was 20th October - 20/10. They would have to put another digit in. I'm guessing that 07 is a month code. 2 is second draw of the month? 6 & 1 Jackie Husband & John Lambie identifiers?

Guess we'll find out with more data next week. Does anyone know more? Does anyone care?

8 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I presume that the first prize is still half of the takings. If so, 192 tickets sold. The difference between the first and second number is over a million. So there's something else going on. 

The most I can remember the first prize being is five hundred and something. This equates to ticket sales of just over one thousand. So a four digit number would be enough to allow for sales up to 9999. Therefore only half of the digits are required for the actual ticket number. The only block of four digits that are within 192 of each other are the first four: 8051 - 7942 = 109.

That leaves 6207 & 1207. The last 3 digits are the same. A date code? Today's date is 20/7. Can it be that simple? What if today was 20th October - 20/10. They would have to put another digit in. I'm guessing that 07 is a month code. 2 is second draw of the month? 6 & 1 Jackie Husband & John Lambie identifiers?

Guess we'll find out with more data next week. Does anyone know more? Does anyone care?

When I was buying the tickets for this 50-50 it just came up as the number of tickets I had bought- while previously I bought tickets by clicking on different seat numbers in the ground.

I thought the previous system a little slow while this seemed a bit quicker in terms of purchasing 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Thinking about this if only 192 tickets sold (and bearing in mind several of those people buying into that amount would probably have bought more than one) could suggest something in the region of say 150 individual customers.  Against the backdrop of a few thousand attending the games and then people watching the stream it might to me suggest the 50-50 has run it’s course and something new is needing to replace it?

Even with crowds being back covid is obviously affecting it if no physical sales are allowed face to face on the day but I don’t find the old or indeed new online purchasing system especially user friendly.  I just wonder if we put our heads together we could think of some other replacement/way that could continue to give the club an income stream towards youth development and a better more enticing prize for the winner(s).  Smaller clubs than Thistle seem to have bigger prizes than us when it comes to their equivalent.

Looking at the the points raised earlier by Elevenone I do agree that we could/should be raising more from the 50/50 draw. Reasons for not raising as much are I think related to the purchasing method which requires you to be registered or to register so missing out on the "casual" purchaser. Solution, not sure to be honest as I am not what you would class as an IT person plus given the small staff we have at present would implememting a new system be a priority?

With regards to the draw on Saturday tickets are now on sale so let's hope we can get a bigger prize for the opening game of the league campaign (especially when Third Lanark spends some of his winnings on extra tickets):

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/W5X8Qoxnk2#

Good Luck!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Looking at the the points raised earlier by Elevenone I do agree that we could/should be raising more from the 50/50 draw. Reasons for not raising as much are I think related to the purchasing method which requires you to be registered or to register so missing out on the "casual" purchaser. Solution, not sure to be honest as I am not what you would class as an IT person plus given the small staff we have at present would implememting a new system be a priority?

With regards to the draw on Saturday tickets are now on sale so let's hope we can get a bigger prize for the opening game of the league campaign (especially when Third Lanark spends some of his winnings on extra tickets):

https://tickets.ptfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/W5X8Qoxnk2#

Good Luck!

It’s interesting because Falkirk (who are not that much of a bigger support than we are) have been running the 50/50 as long as we have (started in first lockdown) yet almost without fail have been able to raise £700 as the main prize every week so they must be selling roughly £1400 every week.  Which is really quite a fantastic achievement.  I have no idea what their IT system is but with the new 50/50 purchase system we have brought in, in the last few weeks I have been finding it a lot quicker than the previous system we used

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Saturday was the first time I had ever won the 50/50.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the club to contact you about your winnings?

For a Saturday draw it is normal the Tuesday or Wednesday the following week but given how busy the office staff will be preparing for Saturday's game it might be a bit later. If you have not heard by Tuesday I would e-mail them.

If you want to join the winner's club remember to get your tickets before 3.30pm on Saturday:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/virtual-50-50-draw-31st-july-2021/

Good Luck!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

For a Saturday draw it is normal the Tuesday or Wednesday the following week but given how busy the office staff will be preparing for Saturday's game it might be a bit later. If you have not heard by Tuesday I would e-mail them.

If you want to join the winner's club remember to get your tickets before 3.30pm on Saturday:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/virtual-50-50-draw-31st-july-2021/

Good Luck!

Thanks Martin, yeah il wait till after Saturday is finished as I know they will be snowed under just now