50/50 Draw 21/22

Fawlty Towers

Very poor winnings again. I normally buy 3 or 4 online but only 1 or 2 (or sometimes none if I have no cash on me) at a game, so it's surprising the sales are so low. Maybe because it's every game? 

Is there any likelihood of selling at games after the next set of government rule changes? The club seem to think things might be back to normal by three Morton game

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Very poor winnings again. I normally buy 3 or 4 online but only 1 or 2 (or sometimes none if I have no cash on me) at a game, so it's surprising the sales are so low. Maybe because it's every game? 

Is there any likelihood of selling at games after the next set of government rule changes? The club seem to think things might be back to normal by three Morton game

Have touched on this previously @jaggy we need to get our collective heads together and think of something else which we could suggest to club.  Although hardly groundbreaking idea a lotto like Livingston or Albion Rovers may entice more sales especially when folk see the cash prize they are playing for.

21 hours ago, elevenone said:

Have touched on this previously @jaggy we need to get our collective heads together and think of something else which we could suggest to club.  Although hardly groundbreaking idea a lotto like Livingston or Albion Rovers may entice more sales especially when folk see the cash prize they are playing for.

As I said before the 50/50 seems to work well at Falkirk when the winner is usually taking home £700 each game- their support can’t be that much bigger than ours surely?

31 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

As I said before the 50/50 seems to work well at Falkirk when the winner is usually taking home £700 each game- their support can’t be that much bigger than ours surely?

I don’t know re their current season ticket sales and support but would hazard a guess Falkirk are slightly better supported than us however not to the £700 odd prize over under £200.  At the minute spending a fiver on tickets to win one hundred odds is akin to scratch card territory.  Bigger prize on offer would maybe tempt some more folk rather than the routine punters.  At end of the day it is all about maximising revenue for the club.

never won it in more years than I care to remember however see it as a contribution to the club - would rather they have it than the lottery - would also consider contributing to something else for the online punters if they could sort it out 

Edited by gianlucatoni

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets are on sale for Saturday's draw and there will be tickets to purchase at Firhill as well with a new process which is outlined below:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/50-50-draw-28th-august-2021/

There will be a further change as well as I have stepped down for my matchday role. There has not been any fallout I just feel after a number of years it is time for a change. Also, I am increasingly busy at work so going back to turning up and sitting down on a Saturday suits me. I will still promote it on here as well.

Also, thanks to Ian, Donna and Marc who have been great to work with as have Norman, Gerry and Beth from the club side. Of course my biggest thanks goes to all of you have purchased tickets over the years, your support has been wonderful and I will miss that interaction.

24 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Tickets are on sale for Saturday's draw and there will be tickets to purchase at Firhill as well with a new process which is outlined below:

There will be a further change as well as I have stepped down for my matchday role. There has not been any fallout I just feel after a number of years it is time for a change. Also, I am increasingly busy at work so going back to turning up and sitting down on a Saturday suits me. I will still promote it on here as well.

Also, thanks to Ian, Donna and Marc who have been great to work with as have Norman, Gerry and Beth from the club side. Of course my biggest thanks goes to all of you have purchased tickets over the years, your support has been wonderful and I will miss that interaction.

Many thanks to you and all the other volunteers who do a great job at Firhill on matchdays. Enjoy your 'retirement'.

23 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

All the best Martin.  :fan:

• Like 1

whose bright idea was it that, instead of handing me my 50_50 tickets, I had to give a phone number and leave my tickets with the seller?

what that meant was that buying a ticket or two became rather slow experience, the seller was getting writer's cramp, and I had no idea what my numbers were so could not verify whether I had the winning number or not.

I also understand that the winner's name was read out at half time. I was not asked for my name, just a phone number.

I must have waited maybe 2 minutes to buy because the fan before me had bought 5 tickets and the seller had to copy an 11 digit number five times before he could  deal with me.

Utter stupidity, in my view, and I can't think of a single Covid related reason why such pointless admin is necessary.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if it might actually be illegal to to take a “gambling stake " without giving a receipt.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

whose bright idea was it that, instead of handing me my 50_50 tickets, I had to give a phone number and leave my tickets with the seller?

what that meant was that buying a ticket or two became rather slow experience, the seller was getting writer's cramp, and I had no idea what my numbers were so could not verify whether I had the winning number or not.

I also understand that the winner's name was read out at half time. I was not asked for my name, just a phone number.

I must have waited maybe 2 minutes to buy because the fan before me had bought 5 tickets and the seller had to copy an 11 digit number five times before he could  deal with me.

Utter stupidity, in my view, and I can't think of a single Covid related reason why such pointless admin is necessary.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if it might actually be illegal to to take a “gambling stake " without giving a receipt.

Surely that's not the way it's going  to work. I presumed that nonsense was because of a system failure. I gave up waiting. Felt sorry for the staff too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rid Skwerr said:

maybe they had a name as it was an online winner - just surmising though - sounds a bit of a shambles- no winner published on social media channels yet? I saw a few weeks ago that falkirk had an online winner and a match day attendee winner too 

Edited by gianlucatoni