50/50 Draw 21/22

Fawlty Towers

14 hours ago, Rid Skwerr said:

whose bright idea was it that, instead of handing me my 50_50 tickets, I had to give a phone number and leave my tickets with the seller?

what that meant was that buying a ticket or two became rather slow experience, the seller was getting writer's cramp, and I had no idea what my numbers were so could not verify whether I had the winning number or not.

I also understand that the winner's name was read out at half time. I was not asked for my name, just a phone number.

I must have waited maybe 2 minutes to buy because the fan before me had bought 5 tickets and the seller had to copy an 11 digit number five times before he could  deal with me.

Utter stupidity, in my view, and I can't think of a single Covid related reason why such pointless admin is necessary.

Thinking about it now, I wonder if it might actually be illegal to to take a “gambling stake " without giving a receipt.

I hope there is a GDPR policy and statement over the collection of phone numbers on the tickets.

My dad has his “routine” at Firhill, from what bus he gets, to where he buys his program and the coins in his pocket for where he buys his 50/50 tickets. He doesn’t take a card to the game, he takes cash and his bus pass and his ST, he rarely goes out with a bank card unless he’s going to bank or going to buy something substantial, he won’t be the only one. This will cost the club cash 

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I hope there is a GDPR policy and statement over the collection of phone numbers on the tickets.

My dad has his “routine” at Firhill, from what bus he gets, to where he buys his program and the coins in his pocket for where he buys his 50/50 tickets. He doesn’t take a card to the game, he takes cash and his bus pass and his ST, he rarely goes out with a bank card unless he’s going to bank or going to buy something substantial, he won’t be the only one. This will cost the club cash 

Were there programs selling at the game yesterday?  I was looking about but couldn’t see any at all

1 hour ago, G SUS said:

The results were posted on the website - https://ptfc.co.uk/fans/centenary-fund/draw-results/

Listed there along with previous draw results 

Thanks G Sus, I need to change my method of searching.

I typed in Centenary in Search and it came up with June being the latest.

I see you go through a different method.

Many Thanks

Cotter

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, gianlucatoni said:

not a chance - the club have obviously lost the name or ticket number of the winner and are keeping schtum :thumbdown:

I have been lucky to win this a couple of times before (a first and a second place prize) and both teams I was never contacted by club and had to chase it up myself therefore had I not seen my name online I would have been none the wiser.  Hopefully the previous winner knows they have won.

8 hours ago, glasgow boy said:

I'm sure I seen the winners name written on the white marker board beside the toilets as you leave the stadium 

if sales are being made online, in addition to at the stadium, then it is surely incumbent on the club to publicise any and all winners of prizes … or am I missing something

• Like 1