Vaccination side-effects?

Jaggernaut

Anybody have any? 

I got the Pfizer vaccine. First jag, no problem at all. 

The medics told me at that time that most people who reported side-effects did so after the 2nd jag. (How did they know the word "jag" in Japan, lol)

Got the 2nd exactly 3 weeks later, in the other arm (recommended by the medics). Exactly as they said it might, my arm was a bit more tender and for a few days longer than with the first jag.

Other side-effects? None at all,..... except..... for several days the left side of my face and scalp felt quite tingly and sensitive (slightly painful, even) to touch. I occasionally get that symptom (especially at the top of my head) whenever I get flu. But it cleared up.  I'm not even sure if it had anything to do with the vaccine, and I couldn't find any reports of that being a side-effect. So my response when folk ask about side-effects, and there's no time or need for a more elaborate answer, mine is "None."

Lucky? Maybe, but certainly one of the "fortunate" ones to be fully vaccinated here (still below 15%).

Edited by Jaggernaut

I got two x Moderna - first in April was uneventful apart from a tender arm at the site of the jab.

Second jab was in June and it kicked off with the sore arm but next day I was groggy, clammy, drowsy and feverish (toggling between hot & cold all day) but decided to go in to work. It was the wrong decision - and colleagues commented openly that I looked like sh*t all day. Left 15 minutes early and felt like I was going to fall asleep at the wheel on he M8 on the way home (not good) - had to exit the motorway at Anderson and park in bothwell street to go for a walk and get some air. Drove home through back streets with two more stops. Ball buster of a headache. Went straight to bed at 5 and woke at 9 feeling ok but by 11pm symptoms we’re back again. By morning most symptoms were reduced so went into work.

In hindsight I should have taken two days off. Wife had similar issues with second Moderna jab which lasted 3 days. Daughter who works in a care home had 2xPfizer and felt ok apart from a sore arm. Son had his first Moderna jab recently and was grubbed for 48 hours - he noted that others at work who had Moderna were similarly shafted. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had my second Pfizer jab yesterday. I felt fine after my first apart from a sore arm.

After the second though Im feeling the same way gianluca was after his. Tired, clammy, hot and cold and also muscles are aching. Slept from about 9 last night until 7 this morning then back in bed from 9 to 12. Hopefully it passes in the next day or two.

• 1 year later...

Got my fourth Pfizer last month. A doddle. The infection rate is at its highest ever here just now, and that's after the border has been virtually closed to foreigners for two years (Olympic games being an exception, though no foreign spectators came). But the general reaction seems to be a shrug of the shoulders, and get on with things. Most people still wearing masks though, definitely more than 90%, up to 99% on public transport, shops etc.