Jags v Stenny 17/7/21..

Jimmy McD

3 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Was hoping to see a few new faces added before Saturday. Recruitment has appeared to have ground to a halt. 

Thread hijack alert: Anybody go to the Halt Bar for a drink these days? Is it fitba'/Jags friendly?

Am I right in thinking that (maybe decades ago!) it used to be a haunt of folk from the Highlands (along with the Snaffle Bit), or am I thinking of somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thread hijack alert: Anybody go to the Halt Bar for a drink these days? Is it fitba'/Jags friendly?

Am I right in thinking that (maybe decades ago!) it used to be a haunt of folk from the Highlands (along with the Snaffle Bit), or am I thinking of somewhere else?

I drank regularly in the Halt throughout the 70s and much of the 80s. There was always a contingent from the Heilsns. I wouldn't say tho' it was quite as Heilan' orientated as the Snaffle and certainly not at the Park Bar(Kelvingrove) level.

Think the Halt maybe owned by a micro brewery these days but others no doubt will know more.

50 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I drank regularly in the Halt throughout the 70s and much of the 80s. There was always a contingent from the Heilsns. I wouldn't say tho' it was quite as Heilan' orientated as the Snaffle and certainly not at the Park Bar(Kelvingrove) level.

Think the Halt maybe owned by a micro brewery these days but others no doubt will know more.

Yes, my mistake; I was thinking of the Park Bar.

I believe I was an underage visitor to the Halt a long, long, long time ago. These days I get refused entry to some places for being too old!

20 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Murrays final ball has been consistently ….pish 

To be fair, his teammates seem to believe he's playing for another team and shouldn't be given any support. Of course, maybe they're saving their efforts for shoring up their ineffective defence or to make up for Bannigan's right foot.

Pretty pish video stream to match the game.  When games on the other side of the pitch it's like watching a bunch of toy soldiers  on the other side of a field.  Don't think we're that bad but we're dead predictable at the moment, making it too easy for the opposition; need to vary things more.  Would suggest TIffoney coming on but would he be affected by a rather ragged looking artificial pitch?