Jags v Stenny 17/7/21..

Jimmy McD

Winning away on a plastic pitch has to be a reasonable result especially  after being behind against a stuffy wee outfit like Stenhousemuir,however, we need at least another two signings of the calibre of Tiffoney if we are to make any threat in the league.

Edited by Anniesland Jag
Addition

I have just been watching the live stream on Warriors TV and would have to say that is the best commentary I have  heard on opposition streams. Very fair  and very complimentary about Thistle as opposed the the usual biased rantings you have to endure. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Camallain
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Camallain said:

I have just been watching the live stream on Warriors TV and would have to say that is the best commentary I have  heard on opposition streams. Very fair  and very complimentary about Thistle as opposed the the usual biased rantings you have to endure. :thumbsup2:

Agreed and unless I'm mistaken, never called us "Partick" once. Pity  about the Pixelot camera. Like looking down the wrong end of a telescope when play is on the far side but that's been common to most streams with this system in the past year.

1 hour ago, Camallain said:

Agreed and they seemed to think it a better game than I did so it shows the difference between expectations

2 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Does anyone have a defence they could sell us?

I thought the four half time positional changes across the back were effective.

Can't say the same for the lopsided midfield. I imagine if we play a formation relying on a solitary wide midfielder against better opposition they'll just double up on that player and kill off any width. Fortunately today Tiffoney had an excellent 45 mins.

From the highlights, looks to me like a pretty straightforward win.

They scored from a penalty, and that should never have been awarded.

They had what looked like one real chance, and we had 5 or 6 (I know that the Jagzone highlights might not be assiduously neutral).

Job done.

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

From the highlights, looks to me like a pretty straightforward win.

They scored from a penalty, and that should never have been awarded.

They had what looked like one real chance, and we had 5 or 6 (I know that the Jagzone highlights might not be assiduously neutral).

Job done.

Just watched the full game replay and can only conclude the highlights must cover a multitude of sins. The first half in particular was rancid. Reminded me of last season's opening league game against Clyde. 

The 2nd half was better and we probably deserved the win in the end. The improvement was almost entirely down to the introduction of Tiffoney. It's a worry how reliant we are on one player. Play to that standard in the Championship and we're going straight back down. Hopefully improvement will come. 

I found it hard to judge the penalty from the camera angle we had. The ref was really well placed to make the call though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Just watched the full game replay and can only conclude the highlights must cover a multitude of sins. The first half in particular was rancid. Reminded me of last season's opening league game against Clyde. 

The 2nd half was better and we probably deserved the win in the end. The improvement was almost entirely down to the introduction of Tiffoney. It's a worry how reliant we are on one player. Play to that standard in the Championship and we're going straight back down. Hopefully improvement will come. 

Much as I saw it at the game.  As previously posted I'd add the rearranged backline into the equation when talking about the improvement in the 2nd half. Secondary all the same to the intro of Tiffoney. McKenna at least tried to give some width down the opposite flank from Tiffoney. Even with the improvements we didn't finish the game looking a side two divisions up the ladder from Stenny. I don't even think we saw out the game that competently. 

The sevco friendly aside I've yet to see any real evidence that we're on track to hit the ground running when the league starts up. One positive however is Turner, tho' his contribution maybe be negated somewhat if we persist with two up front. Particularly like his corner taking. Maybe needs to vary them more but his stock corner is a low (ish) fast ball that'll give defenders difficulties. Complete opposite of the high floated ball that's easy to defend if you get my drift.  

• Like 1