Cammy Smith

elevenone

Good to have another player on board, bad news though with Brownlie.. 

During the course of our pre-season friendly against Kelty Hearts, Darren sustained a knee injury which saw him substituted at half time. Following further consultation and scans, Darren will undergo surgery on his injury which will see him sidelined for most of the 2021/22 campaign. :thumbdown:

• Sad 1

Didn't he score a pair or three against us for Dundee United in a League Cup tie at Tannadice?

EDIT - he did - a first-half hat-trick in a 3-1 defeat (Sean Welsh pen for us) in 2016-17.

Anyway, sounds like a very good signing at this level, so welcome and best of luck Cammy!!

Edited by Barney Rubble

6 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Didn't he score a pair or three against us for Dundee United in a League Cup tie at Tannadice?

EDIT - he did - a first-half hat-trick in a 3-1 defeat (Sean Welsh pen for us) in 2016-17.

Anyway, sounds like a very good signing at this level, so welcome and best of luck Cammy!!

Reminder of a horrible night. Struggled to get to Dundee after work.

Usually at Tannadice we are accommodated in an excellent side stand with great views. For example, we could really see and appreciate Stephen O'Donnell's wonder goal from a move down that side in 2015. But that night we were stuck in a cramped low end stand with pillars obstructing the view. Seemed that we were only there for a few minutes and we were already 3-0 down thanks to Cammy Smith (he must have been really young then if he is only 25 now). 

All in all a miserable game and the consolation goal we eventually scored never looked like sparking a fightback.

Hopefully Cammy can erase and replace these memories. 

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Reminder of a horrible night. Struggled to get to Dundee after work.

Usually at Tannadice we are accommodated in an excellent side stand with great views. For example, we could really see and appreciate Stephen O'Donnell's wonder goal from a move down that side in 2015. But that night we were stuck in a cramped low end stand with pillars obstructing the view. Seemed that we were only there for a few minutes and we were already 3-0 down thanks to Cammy Smith (he must have been really young then if he is only 25 now). 

All in all a miserable game and the consolation goal we eventually scored never looked like sparking a fightback.

Hopefully Cammy can erase and replace these memories. 

Agree, was a night to forget.  Was that not same night one of our lot jumped the hoarding and went round to argue with our dug-out and got lifted for their troubles?

Yes, he was at Firhill prior to the Covid shutdown. I thought he looked really good during that spell. Has presence and pace. Would be pleased if it is him coming on loan. Still think we could do with another centre half in addition to him, or if holt/McKenna  are going to play there another FB. 

Good news about Smith. 

Certainly an upgrade on past signings by Archibald and Caldwell (Kakay excepted). 

Bad news about Brownlie. Wish him all the best and a quick and complication free return. 

Disappointed for O'Ware. I thought he would be a good signing but even prior to his injury he never really got near the form he showed at Morton! 

As much as I continued to hope he would realise his potential with us  I admit to thinking it was inevitable he would leave for a fresh start somewhere. Does he intend to remain in football or is he looking at another career? 

As a club we appear to have been unlucky in recent years in terms of sustaining  long-term injuries Bannigan, O'Ware and now Brownlie! 

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Good news about Smith. 

Certainly an upgrade on past signings by Archibald and Caldwell (Kakay excepted). 

Bad news about Brownlie. Wish him all the best and a quick and complication free return. 

Disappointed for O'Ware. I thought he would be a good signing but even prior to his injury he never really got near the form he showed at Morton! 

As much as I continued to hope he would realise his potential with us  I admit to thinking it was inevitable he would leave for a fresh start somewhere. Does he intend to remain in football or is he looking at another career? 

As a club we appear to have been unlucky in recent years in terms of sustaining  long-term injuries Bannigan, O'Ware and now Brownlie! 

Oware is also one of our highest wages and while unlucky with injury even when fit has done very little.  Makes sense to try and move him on though I guess if he wants to sit and pick up a decent wage while not playing there’s not much else the club can do.

was a terrible decision from McCall at the time to give him a new contract when he had either been injured or at best mediocre when played

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Oware is also one of our highest wages and while unlucky with injury even when fit has done very little.  Makes sense to try and move him on though I guess if he wants to sit and pick up a decent wage while not playing there’s not much else the club can do.

was a terrible decision from McCall at the time to give him a new contract when he had either been injured or at best mediocre when played

Yep.

On 7/24/2021 at 11:05 AM, exiledjag said:

A little harsh. He got the injury in the early stages of only his 7th game with us, and 4 of those were the League Cup. It was only his 3rd league game.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:49 PM, Duck snort said:

A little harsh. He got the injury in the early stages of only his 7th game with us, and 4 of those were the League Cup. It was only his 3rd league game.

I thought my comment was sympathetic. The problem with cut & paste is that you lose context.  You exclude the first sentence which starts "Disappointed FOR O'Ware....."