Manager Update

javeajag

5 hours ago, javeajag said:

Mayo season long loan 

Happy with that, liked the look of him in the short time he was with us previously. Also, never lost a game he played in - keep that up and we will all be happy*

*Yes, I know it could be said we never won a game he played in but let's be positive!

8 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

That’s his level.

Lets not pretend. He was awful!

He's also 28 year old. At an age when he should've been playing the "Old Heid" and guiding a younger centreback partner thru a game. Instead I got the impression the only way he'd possibly have a steady game would be playing alongside an experienced centreback.

Signing for Kelty is maybe the best move he could make. When you factor in appearance and win bonuses he'll probably end up on better terms than he'd be on seeing out his contract with us. Hopefully in this case the "mutual consent" will not have cost us a penny?

I'm sure Tam didn't enjoy being injured or subsequent loss of form and confidence probably from those injuries.  He would have suffered mentally I am sure.  He was arguably the best Championship defender when we signed him with an impressive scoring record in his final season at Morton.  It's a shame for him and the club that it did not work out but good news he has new employment with a club that pay a decent wage.

• Like 3

Oh and good luck to Tam. Always hoped we would Sign him when he was with Morton, was delighted when we did. Think it’s a proper shame Injury ruined his start with us and unfortunately he couldn’t get back to a level that would make him worthy of his wage. 

Apparently a very nice guy also so, all the best.

Partick Thistle manager Ian McCall has said his side are close to signing a winger but that it will not be Rangers man Jake Hastie.

Speaking regarding the situation McCall said: 

"“We’re short of a defender and a wide player. And maybe even another forward-type player but definitely a wide player and defender.

“I’m quite far down the road of the wide player. Defender, there are two or three people I’m talking to so it will depend on what we can do."

However, when pressed directly on the possibility of Hastie heading to Firhill this summer, McCall was adamant there was “nothing in that just now.”