Thistle rejects at HT

Albert's Ghost

Higgy left for Kilmarnock wasn’t a reject. Buchanan left for Dunfermline wasn’t a reject. We tried to keep them and couldn’t.

Elliot wasn’t  a reject probably left because of Caldwell.
Was never Spittals biggest fan but wasn’t a reject either and Cardle for me was a very good player at a difficult time for us, I’d have let him have a season in the championship with us. But that really is a matter of opinion I guess. 

To the others nice to see them doing well at a level that suits them.

16 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Higgy left for Kilmarnock wasn’t a reject. Buchanan left for Dunfermline wasn’t a reject. We tried to keep them and couldn’t.

Was never Spittals biggest fan but wasn’t a reject either and Cardle for me was a very good player at a difficult time for us, I’d have let him have a season in the championship with us. But that really is a matter of opinion I guess. 

Wasn't it the case that we let Buchanan go because we we're skint and Dunfermline bought out the rest of his contract?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

Elliot didn’t leave because of Caldwell.  The offer Caldwell made Elliot to try and keep him Woukd have made him our highest paid player plus he would have got a testimonial

Elliot left because Carlisle could still offer double the wages we could even as our highest paid player and after just getting married he had wanted to play in England 

we can blame Caldwell for a lot but Elliot leaving is not one of them 

4 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I suppose it depends how you define “reject”. If it is purely based on how they left us, notwithstanding the great success of their previous careers, then both Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine would be Thistle rejects.

Reject would be defined as something not wanted in the first place or something already possessed which is no longer wanted. 

In respect of current and former players Doolan, for example, is certainly a reject (club chose not to offer a new contract)! 

Others whom the club wanted to stay but who left for whatever reason couldn't IMO not be considered a reject! 

I don't know the circumstances  or details of many of the players who are no longer with us but many of those mentioned on this thread  seem to fall into the category best described as 'ex-Jags'!