QOS live stream arrangements

a f kincaid

I am certain the office staff will be very busy and I don't want to bother them unnecessarily but has anyone else noticed this in the OS...

I’m a season ticket holder who has to self-isolate or has developed COVID-19 symptoms. If you are a Partick Thistle season ticket holder who is due to be self-isolating on Saturday, or who develops Covid-19 symptoms between now and matchday you should not attend Saturday’s fixture. In this event, please contact [email protected] to update us. We will de-activate your season card for this fixture and provide access to the live stream of the match.

Last season (no fans in) live stream was automatically free for ST holders. This season (limited fans in) ST holders will be notified of the arrangements for their attendance.  The above info asks fans who cannot attend for Covid reasons to get in touch to have their ST de-activated for the QOS match so that a live stream can be arranged. What about anyone who for a whole list of other reasons cannot attend on Saturday (and, indeed any subsequently home match)?  

Is anyone interpreting this as we all need to get in touch with the club, tell them we can't attend and arrange for a live stream? I don't want to wait until 2.30 on Saturday to find that I'd need to spend £12 on a stream on top of my ST. Has automatic access to free live streams for ST holders effectively ended unless prior notice of non-attendance is given to the club on a fixture by fixture basis?

Edited by a f kincaid
spelling

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Is anyone interpreting this as we all need to get in touch with the club, tell them we can't attend and arrange for a live stream? I don't want to wait until 2.30 on Saturday to find that I'd need to spend £12 on a stream on top of my ST. Has automatic access to free live streams for ST holders effectively ended unless prior notice of non-attendance is given to the club on a fixture by fixture basis?

It does read like this. Hopefully this is just another case of poor communication from Thistle. If not then it looks as though the club is trying to charge ST holders for the stream but not being open about it.

I am certain the office staff will be very busy and I don't want to bother them unnecessarily but has anyone else noticed this in the OS...

I’m a season ticket holder who has to self-isolate or has developed COVID-19 symptoms. If you are a Partick Thistle season ticket holder who is due to be self-isolating on Saturday, or who develops Covid-19 symptoms between now and matchday you should not attend Saturday’s fixture. In this event, please contact [email protected] to update us. We will de-activate your season card for this fixture and provide access to the live stream of the match.

Last season (no fans in) live stream was automatically free for ST holders. This season (limited fans in) ST holders will be notified of the arrangements for their attendance.  The above info asks fans who cannot attend for Covid reasons to get in touch to have their ST de-activated for the QOS match so that a live stream can be arranged. What about anyone who for a whole list of other reasons cannot attend on Saturday (and, indeed any subsequently home match)?  

Buying a season ticket gives you admission to the ground or a live stream. Everyone got streams automatically every game last year because noone could get into the ground. This year we have an allowed attendance higher than our ST holders. Therefore everyone can attend. The club is assuming that everyone can make the game in the exact same way they have for years. They don't phone us to check if we're coming for an all-ticket game - they assume we are and sell a number of tickets relative to what is available. 

The government advice is that people with Covid-19 should isolate and stay away from the general populace so the club have to put something into place to accommodate these supporters. If you previously couldn't make a game because of an anniversary/birthday/work commitments etc you didn't get a credit back on your season ticket. I'm not saying that it is right or wrong, it's an interesting one to think about. Is there any sport that gives you a video feed if you can't make the physical event? 

I'm interpreting it in the following: as a season ticket holder I am invited to attend the matches unless otherwise specified. Given they have stated earlier this week that all season ticket holders who have purchased can attend, then they are assuming all 1,900(per last club update) will be attending on Saturday. If you can't make it, then it is up to the supporter to tell the club whereupon live stream access will be faciliated - they have given instructions on how to do this. We all know that the staff numbers at the club are low so contacting every season ticket holder individually is impractical but also fraught with disaster. Human error may mean that the wrong season card is de-activated accidentally meaning a supporter who turns up to get in has issues - particularly as i imagine we'll have supporters with duplicate names ie about 10 john smiths for example. 

Giving everyone access to the stream automatically and with an activated season card is essentially like giving out 2,000 comps and open to abuse. 

2 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Is anyone interpreting this as we all need to get in touch with the club, tell them we can't attend and arrange for a live stream?

I am interpreting it like this: The club has made the decision that if you have bought a season ticket then you are assumed to have the ability to attend all games in person. Only for the specific scenario of self-isolation will they provide access to the streaming service.

Where does this leave fans who have purchased a season ticket up front who cannot attend for other reasons e.g. not fully vaccinated, have underlying health conditions or even just don’t feel comfortable attending while the number of cases are still high. 

I imagine there were a number of fans who purchased a season ticket to help the club meet their 2000 ST target knowing they may not be able to attend the games. Are the club expecting that these fans fork out another £12 as well? Should these fans have not purchased a season ticket and instead gone the for the PPV option denying the club additional revenue?

I think the club should have included the streaming option as part of the season ticket deal. They have already received the ST money regardless of attendance and given the streaming service is already in place I don’t see a financial loss to the club there either. 

59 minutes ago, Dougall said:

I am interpreting it like this: The club has made the decision that if you have bought a season ticket then you are assumed to have the ability to attend all games in person. Only for the specific scenario of self-isolation will they provide access to the streaming service.

Where does this leave fans who have purchased a season ticket up front who cannot attend for other reasons e.g. not fully vaccinated, have underlying health conditions or even just don’t feel comfortable attending while the number of cases are still high. 

I imagine there were a number of fans who purchased a season ticket to help the club meet their 2000 ST target knowing they may not be able to attend the games. Are the club expecting that these fans fork out another £12 as well? Should these fans have not purchased a season ticket and instead gone the for the PPV option denying the club additional revenue?

I think the club should have included the streaming option as part of the season ticket deal. They have already received the ST money regardless of attendance and given the streaming service is already in place I don’t see a financial loss to the club there either. 

I emailed the club about this the other day as your part in bold was my concern as well - I hope no one from the club minds me sharing this info.

I have a query about purchasing a season ticket with the option to live stream instead of attending the game. I noticed in tha latest update for the Queen of the South match - https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/queen-of-the-south-update/ this information below -

"

If you are a Partick Thistle season ticket holder who is due to be self-isolating on Saturday, or who develops Covid-19 symptoms between now and matchday should not attend Saturday’s fixture. In this event, please contact [email protected] to update us. We will de-activate your season card for this fixture and provide access to the live stream of the match.

"

I have not purchased a season ticket as yet. I do not have COVID symptoms but I am cautious about attending games at this present time and would prefer to watch from home. If I were to purchase a season ticket would I have to contact the club as per above advice before each game to de-activate my card or is this something that could be done automatically by myself? I am basically looking to have the flexibility between attending a game in the future or watching via the live stream.

The reply below -

Due to League regulations, we cannot sell a season ticket exclusively to access the live stream.

You can de-activate attendance to view the live stream as discussed for individual games or purchase the live stream on a game by game basis.

If you need any more info let me know.

So if you have bought a season ticket but can't go I'm reading that as you'll have to contact the club before each game to deactivate your ticket for that game to get the live stream option (so you don't have to pay an additional £12).

Personally I'm going to do the pay per live stream for now (feels a bit of a hassle for both sides to inform about your ability to attend) and then hopefully when the environment is safer I'll pay my way in for each game.

19 minutes ago, P-R said:

Due to League regulations, we cannot sell a season ticket exclusively to access the live stream.

They might not be able to have an exclusive streaming season ticket however there is nothing stopping them from making it part of the season ticket like other teams in the division: ICT, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and Morton.

From the ICT website

In that spirit of TogetherNess, we once more want to try and give something back to those fans who were so loyal and generous to the club with this ‘18 for 13’ offer and our new ICTV offering which the club has spent part of the summer working on. 

ICTV will broadcast from the West Stand in HD, with a number of cameras and camera angles, instantaneous action and slow-motion replays, a new commentating team with special guest co-commentators for every game.

The new channel will also be available for every game of the season to all Season Ticketholders.”

Edited by Dougall

3 hours ago, a f kincaid said:

Presumably, the email to the club can be right up to kick off or even beyond as you can be contacted about a positive test result anytime.

I think Ayr, Arbroath and Morton as well as ICT are making streams available to all season ticket holders. Not sure about others yet. 

Might not be a good look if we end up being the only team in the division not doing it. 

Edited by Ancipital

I e-mailed the club last night and a reply was waiting for me this morning.  It says:-

Thanks for getting in touch.  Under SPFL rules this season, we are not allowed to substitute season ticket attendance with access to the live stream. This is only possible if we are unable to allow entry to any season ticket holders due to restrictions on the number of spectators allowed into the stadium.  We have decided to enable this for supporters self isolating due to Covid.  If flagged up, the SPFL may tell us not to do this but until they do, we believe it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately we are unable to do so for other reasons for non attendance.  Hope this clarifies things for you.

Part of the reply suggests this is a sensitive issue (SPFL) and potentially at odds with what other clubs may be planning.

I e-mailed the club last night and a reply was waiting for me this morning.  It says:-

Thanks for getting in touch.  Under SPFL rules this season, we are not allowed to substitute season ticket attendance with access to the live stream. This is only possible if we are unable to allow entry to any season ticket holders due to restrictions on the number of spectators allowed into the stadium.  We have decided to enable this for supporters self isolating due to Covid.  If flagged up, the SPFL may tell us not to do this but until they do, we believe it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately we are unable to do so for other reasons for non attendance.  Hope this clarifies things for you.

Part of the reply suggests this is a sensitive issue (SPFL) and potentially at odds with what other clubs may be planning.

How can it possibly be "Under SPFL rules this season"??? The league season hasn't even kicked off yet and the SPFL only make up the rules after or during a competition.

• Haha 1

I had a look at the SPFL rules & regs.  Section i deals with media distribution,  and there are rules introduced for 21/22 season only.  It is complex, but it seems  the SPFL Sky contract  is the issueScreenshot_20210729-093303_Drive.thumb.jpg.2d537b68274171dcba5b23966444fb55.jpg

Sections i22 a & b do suggest restrictions  on providing  live stream coverage.  By my reading though, clubs can seek permission to provide coverage to season ticket holders. But the wording is complex, and I am not going to claim I have a grip on the issue!

On a slightly different,  but related issue, these rules prevent transmission of highlights etc before midnight etc on matchdays, (again for Sky), hence the delayed coverage on Jagzone.

It may be the other clubs have lower crowds allowed, or more season tickets than their current crowd allowance,  but I can't work out any other reason  other than they've asked.

Maybe the SPFL don't agree, but anyone with a modicum of sanity will realise we are still in the middle of a pandemic. There are many people who are still uncomfortable about being in a crowd. Many who will be away at this time of year. There are supporters who buy season tickets who know they can't make every match but choose the support their club anyway. When teams are providing a live stream of a game what possible reason could there be for excluding people who have payed up front to see every game. This is crass even by SPFL standards. 

It looks like some clubs are choosing to ignore the SPFL's latest idiotic dictum. I can't particularly blame Thistle for following the rules but would have preferred the club taking the same stance. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I had a look at the SPFL rules & regs.  Section i deals with media distribution,  and there are rules introduced for 21/22 season only.  It is complex, but it seems  the SPFL Sky contract  is the issueScreenshot_20210729-093303_Drive.thumb.jpg.2d537b68274171dcba5b23966444fb55.jpg

Sections i22 a & b do suggest restrictions  on providing  live stream coverage.  By my reading though, clubs can seek permission to provide coverage to season ticket holders. But the wording is complex, and I am not going to claim I have a grip on the issue!

On a slightly different,  but related issue, these rules prevent transmission of highlights etc before midnight etc on matchdays, (again for Sky), hence the delayed coverage on Jagzone.

It may be the other clubs have lower crowds allowed, or more season tickets than their current crowd allowance,  but I can't work out any other reason  other than they've asked.

But we are providing a live stream and presumably will while there is a restricted attendance. Can fully understand things going back to normal when all restrictions are lifted. 

Have to admit I'm taking the email from the club on face value. It certainly suggests that the rules on this seem to have been set up to cover this season. Perhaps Thistle haven't interpreted the rules correctly. Other teams certainly seem to be doing things differently. 

Last thing I read stated there was  an attendance limit of 500 fans and that the club was going to hold ballots.  Those fans not drawn in the ballot would have access to a live stream! 

Has this changed.  What is the new attendance limit  now if different from the above figure. 

I am keen to find out as I have to make travel arrangements. 

Also I haven't received details of seating! 

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Last thing I read stated there was  an attendance limit of 500 fans and that the club was going to hold ballots.  Those fans not drawn in the ballot would have access to a live stream! 

Has this changed.  What is the new attendance limit  now if different from the above figure. 

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks

Club website on Monday confirmed

Our office team are currently working through all the seating group requests and will provide update seat information to all supporters between Thursday 29th July and 10am on Saturday 31st July. This information will contain your seat number for Saturday’s game

Can only hope they take where ST holders live into account

30 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks

Currently, Saturday’s match will be open for 2,000 Partick Thistle 2021/22 season ticket holders. The club is currently in discussions with Glasgow City Council about the possibility of increasing our capacity for this fixture.

As we close in on 2,000 season ticket holders, we would like to clarify that all season ticket holders who have already purchased their season ticket will be invited to attend Saturday’s match. Supporters who purchase their season ticket after the first 2,000 will get access to a live stream of the match unless we can accommodate an increased attendance for this fixture.

Full article https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/queen-of-the-south-update/

Thank you for this Info. 

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Club website on Monday confirmed

Our office team are currently working through all the seating group requests and will provide update seat information to all supporters between Thursday 29th July and 10am on Saturday 31st July. This information will contain your seat number for Saturday’s game

Can only hope they take where ST holders live into account

2 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Also thank you for this. 

My wife fancies a day out  in Glasgow this weekend  so will have  chauffeur for this game! 

Seems appropriate for the first championship league  game of the season! 

A 4-0 Jags as we show our class! 

Getting excited!!!!! 

Thanks to everyone for info! 

2 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Does the rule suggest that if we had say 2001 ST and and limit of 2000 in the ground, the streaming would be allowed for all ?

2 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Maybe the SPFL don't agree, but anyone with a modicum of sanity will realise we are still in the middle of a pandemic. There are many people who are still uncomfortable about being in a crowd. Many who will be away at this time of year. There are supporters who buy season tickets who know they can't make every match but choose the support their club anyway. When teams are providing a live stream of a game what possible reason could there be for excluding people who have payed up front to see every game. This is crass even by SPFL standards. 

It looks like some clubs are choosing to ignore the SPFL's latest idiotic dictum. I can't particularly blame Thistle for following the rules but would have preferred the club taking the same stance. 

Thistle taking a stance vs SPFL doesn’t work out for us

4 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Thistle taking a stance vs SPFL doesn’t work out for us

Very true. But if the scenario, as I understand it, is correct then season ticket holders will have to pay £12 to watch a match that the club is broadcasting. That is so wrong. Absolutely disgusting in fact. 

Look on it from the other viewpoint: if season ticket holders are allowed free access to a live stream, they could conceivably allow others to make use of this access while attending the game. The only way to prevent this is to require individuals to apply separately. There is even the possibility of fans following a live stream in order to see replays of incidents while watching the game - something that would convert fans into viewers, and possibly make them less encouraging.

14 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Very true. But if the scenario, as I understand it, is correct then season ticket holders will have to pay £12 to watch a match that the club is broadcasting. That is so wrong. Absolutely disgusting in fact. 

Why? A season ticket simply buys you entrance to the game over the season- nothing more. This has always been the case, with the exceptional example of last season where it bought you a live stream in lieu of not permitting entry to the stadium. Assuming that all season ticket holders can now be admitted, then I see no reason why the season ticket should not revert back to its initial purpose. Of course, this should change when one or more season ticket holders cannot be admitted.

This is just another example of lack of planning and a missed opportunity for the club. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this situation and find it quite surprising that they are operating under the assumption that all season ticket holders will want/be able to attend in person.

With a bit of planning, they could have allowed season ticket holders to deactivate their ticket allowing them to put tickets on sale to the general public generating an additional revenue.

20 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Doesn’t feel like the club are showing a great sense of togetherness or thanks to fans who have purchased up front to help the managers 2000 ticket target or declined refunds on tickets from the previous season.  Stark contrast to the message coming from other clubs in the division https://ictfc.com/2021-22-season-tickets

10 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Look on it from the other viewpoint: if season ticket holders are allowed free access to a live stream, they could conceivably allow others to make use of this access while attending the game. The only way to prevent this is to require individuals to apply separately. There is even the possibility of fans following a live stream in order to see replays of incidents while watching the game - something that would convert fans into viewers, and possibly make them less encouraging.

Maybe I am being naïve but are there really that many Thistle fans who are looking to do the club out of revenue by sharing tickets and streams. Are those people likely to have paid in the first place?

Edited by Dougall