QOS live stream arrangements

a f kincaid

39 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Why? A season ticket simply buys you entrance to the game over the season- nothing more. This has always been the case, with the exceptional example of last season where it bought you a live stream in lieu of not permitting entry to the stadium. Assuming that all season ticket holders can now be admitted, then I see no reason why the season ticket should not revert back to its initial purpose. Of course, this should change when one or more season ticket holders cannot be admitted.

Agree completely.

39 minutes ago, Dougall said:

This is just another example of lack of planning and a missed opportunity for the club. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this situation and find it quite surprising that they are operating under the assumption that all season ticket holders will want/be able to attend in person.

With a bit of planning, they could have allowed season ticket holders to deactivate their ticket allowing them to put tickets on sale to the general public generating an additional revenue.

Doesn’t feel like the club are showing a great sense of togetherness or thanks to fans who have purchased up front to help the managers 2000 ticket target or declined refunds on tickets from the previous season.  Stark contrast to the message coming from other clubs in the division https://ictfc.com/2021-22-season-tickets

Maybe I am being naïve but are there really that many Thistle fans who are looking to do the club out of revenue by sharing tickets and streams. Are those people likely to have paid in the first place?

This is literally why you buy a season ticket - to attend the game in person. 

If you can't make the game/feel it is unsafe then send them an email saying you can't make it due to COVID-19 and they'll give you a stream code - pretty easy and straightforward. It's clear the club have to operate within constraints set by the SPFL and they are being as flexible as they can. It seems like what ICT are doing is against the rules as I read them further up the page. 

41 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Why? A season ticket simply buys you entrance to the game over the season- nothing more. This has always been the case, with the exceptional example of last season where it bought you a live stream in lieu of not permitting entry to the stadium. Assuming that all season ticket holders can now be admitted, then I see no reason why the season ticket should not revert back to its initial purpose. Of course, this should change when one or more season ticket holders cannot be admitted.

I'm well aware of what a season ticket buys me thanks. I also know when restrictions are finally lifted that live streaming of Thistle games will be a thing of the past. 

I'll be at Firhill on Saturday but probably won't be able to return until October. I've a mate who lives in Hampshire and has got a season ticket. He'll only make a handful of games. We've both gone out of our way to support the club knowing we could pay less at the gate. In my mates case it's effectively a substantial donation.  This isn't unusual, I suspect most season ticket holders miss a few games. Do you really think season tickets holder's who can't attend on Saturday should be expected to stump up an extra £12?

Would be funny if we got above 2000 season tickets before Saturday. 

41 minutes ago, Dougall said:

This is just another example of lack of planning and a missed opportunity for the club. They have had plenty of time to prepare for this situation and find it quite surprising that they are operating under the assumption that all season ticket holders will want/be able to attend in person.

With a bit of planning, they could have allowed season ticket holders to deactivate their ticket allowing them to put tickets on sale to the general public generating an additional revenue.

Doesn’t feel like the club are showing a great sense of togetherness or thanks to fans who have purchased up front to help the managers 2000 ticket target or declined refunds on tickets from the previous season.  Stark contrast to the message coming from other clubs in the division https://ictfc.com/2021-22-season-tickets

Maybe I am being naïve but are there really that many Thistle fans who are looking to do the club out of revenue by sharing tickets and streams. Are those people likely to have paid in the first place?

The club have prepared for this situation. There is enough capacity in the ground to seat all season ticket holders to date. If the season ticket numbers rise above 2000 over the next couple of days, those extra people will get to watch the stream. PATG fans, home and away, can pay for the stream instead.

The club believes offering a live stream to season ticket holders instead of attending the game contravenes SPFL rules. The club have offered the stream free to season ticket holders who have Covid symptoms or are self-isolating because they believe that it is morally right to do so given the ongoing public health emergency.

I fully understand that sometimes some people will be nervous about attending games. I'm not sure how I will feel myself until I get there. But what is the club to do? However we feel about it on any given day, things are opening up again, gradually. It's not perfect but, thankfully, we are here and we have the option of going to games again.

Staying out of the rights or wrongs of the live stream argument. Think tho' it may be worth pointing out that nowhere near 100% of ST holders ever turn up for at a league match. Given it's the first game of the season and the added novelty value of attending games I'd expect there'll be a decent uptake, but I imagine it still won't be anything like 100%.  I believe it would be wrong to then assume that the reason that those ST holders that don't turn up is down to Covid worries.

1 hour ago, Dougall said:

There will be the same ratio of Thistle fans that want to “beat the system” as in the general public. 

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

There will be the same ratio of Thistle fans that want to “beat the system” as in the general public. 

There are possibly saints among our numbers, but there are surely at least as many sinners. (If you prefer a cruder tone: "Vertrauen ist gut, Kontrolle ist besser." As said by a revolutionary who managed to die in his bed.)

8 hours ago, Fearchar said:

There are possibly saints among our numbers, but there are surely at least as many sinners. (If you prefer a cruder tone: "Vertrauen ist gut, Kontrolle ist besser." As said by a revolutionary who managed to die in his bed.)

That's what I meant - we have our share of wrong uns.