Opposing team livestreams

ChiThistle

I’m intent on following more livestreams this season, even for away matches.  Are there any clubs at our level that just aren’t worth the money (poor camera coverage, unreliable app, bad user experience, etc)?

Pars at the weekend will be my first attempt giving 12 quid to a non-Thistle club.

How about adding the following to your criteria.

- will not pay for live streaming or attend an away game  to the following:

Clubs in our league:

- clubs that voted to relegate us and were particularly vocal in doing so, eg, Ayr, Queen of the South & Raith Rovers  spring to mind

-  Dunfermline whose chairman was an SPFL Board member  that came up with the relegation strategy in the first place. 

Outwith our League -  context possible Cup Ties:

- Dundee (stabbed in the back by them), Cove & Dundee United who challenged in court, St Mirren and Clyde who both publicly said they would not support reconstruction. 

- any other Club about whom you have  information  about who voted to relegate us or who were critical of our actions to protect ourselves, eg taking legal action. 

I will not be giving any of these teams a penny but as I have said many times before will donate gate money to the Jags Go Fund. 

Before others contribute their comments about moving on etc Let me say  I fully understand that the PTFC must move on and rebuild relationships with other Clubs including some of those mentioned above and I support this! 

However there is no requirement for me as a PT  supporter to forgive or forget and I won't be giving the clubs I have mentioned the time of day nevermind the cost of a ticket or a live stream. 

These clubs were quite happy to take a course of action that could have ended PTFC!  That for me is unforgivable. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, exiledjag said:

How about adding the following to your criteria.

- will not pay for live streaming or attend an away game  to the following:

Clubs in our league:

- clubs that voted to relegate us and were particularly vocal in doing so, eg, Ayr, Queen of the South & Raith Rovers  spring to mind

-  Dunfermline whose chairman was an SPFL Board member  that came up with the relegation strategy in the first place. 

Outwith our League -  context possible Cup Ties:

- Dundee (stabbed in the back by them), Cove & Dundee United who challenged in court, St Mirren and Clyde who both publicly said they would not support reconstruction. 

- any other Club about whom you have  information  about who voted to relegate us or who were critical of our actions to protect ourselves, eg taking legal action. 

I will not be giving any of these teams a penny but as I have said many times before will donate gate money to the Jags Go Fund. 

Before others contribute their comments about moving on etc Let me say  I fully understand that the PTFC must move on and rebuild relationships with other Clubs including some of those mentioned above and I support this! 

However there is no requirement for me as a PT  supporter to forgive or forget and I won't be giving the clubs I have mentioned the time of day nevermind the cost of a ticket or a live stream. 

These clubs were quite happy to take a course of action that could have ended PTFC!  That for me is unforgivable. 

Nice one, exiledjag, good to have that sh*t-list compiled and recorded here so I don't have to rely on my feeble memory.

56 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I thought in the final vote Dunfermline, Morton, Arbroath, Hearts & ICT voted favourably

Dundee, Alloa, Ayr, QoS & Raith voted for the status quo.

Hard to keep up and remember now.  Can someone compile and good guy and w*** list?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I thought in the final vote Dunfermline, Morton, Arbroath, Hearts & ICT voted favourably

Dundee, Alloa, Ayr, QoS & Raith voted for the status quo.

Dunfermline voted to relegate us twice in stadiumgate back in 2004 and in 2020.

I believe their chairman has also been less than complimentary about PTFC such as why a lot of fans of other teams like us etc

• Like 1

I dislike the SPFL board more than quite a few of the clubs, but having gone on about them at length a year ago, I'm  not going to repeat myself.  I understand ChiThistle wanting to view the game. Others will attend away games in a few weeks time, with, iirc, Palmerson being one of the favourite trips people make.  I understand  this, and equally I understand people against going or viewing away games.   Unlike me, I  won't be at all judgemental.  

One club not mentioned last year though, are Albion Rovers.  I read  somewhere that they allegedly voted in favour of the Black Friday vote because  they didn't want the cost of hiring a bus to the Highlands, and buying the team their fish suppers on the way back!  If true, I'm  stunned.

Like Lenziejag, I use JagZone, and have become quite used to the coverage.   I can also use it anytime, and go back to view old games. Most useful.

Two things stand out for me. 

1.  Will  PPV continue once fans can attend games?  Some clubs will stop providing the service, although all clubs seem reluctant to provide viewing figures.  With the SPFL rules in place for the 21/22 season only at the moment,  I'm  not sure of the long term commitment to PPV.

2.  When things do get back to normal,  Caroline  has suggested  that the Gofundme page stop. Probably at the Morton game.  If this happens, fans need another way to channel the funds to the club.  Would investment to the Centenary Fund be the way forward  until fan ownership becomes more established?  All thoughts welcome. 

4 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Two things stand out for me. 

1.  Will  PPV continue once fans can attend games?  Some clubs will stop providing the service, although all clubs seem reluctant to provide viewing figures.  With the SPFL rules in place for the 21/22 season only at the moment,  I'm  not sure of the long term commitment to PPV.

2.  When things do get back to normal,  Caroline  has suggested  that the Gofundme page stop. Probably at the Morton game.  If this happens, fans need another way to channel the funds to the club.  Would investment to the Centenary Fund be the way forward  until fan ownership becomes more established?  All thoughts welcome. 

1. Under current SPFL rules clubs can't (shouldn't) offer a stream as well as a season ticket so I doubt that enough income /interest will be shown from away supports to justify continuing as many clubs will have sold the maximum season tickets to fans trying to ensure entry.  Look at what happened the season we tried to sell PPV to overseas fans. Just wasn't viable.

2. All more reason that some movement is neccessary on the Jags Foundation. What happened to the big announcement?

18 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

You may already do this but why not join Jagzone. You get the highlights, just the goals and full match replay the following day for £5.99 a month

Full match replay wouldn’t include away games though right?  I definitely plan to do PPV for all the home games I can and am considering getting back into the sponsorship thing again.

I can appreciate the perspectives of those who want to keep $$$ out of the pockets of the clubs who voted to keep us down, and I think @Fearchar’s point about an SPFL Championship package makes a ton of sense.  We get CBS Sports/Paramount Plus here and am looking forward to some live matches too.

Ultimately it’s been a real b*tch of a year.  Somehow work got MORE demanding during a pandemic, and Saturday mornings (6 hours behind most of you.  Probably decades behind most of you in terms of football acumen) have become my limited available free time away from family commitments.  I can sit the kids down to watch two hours of Bluey while I watch the game, lol.

I might just give away games a try but still make sure I’m getting money back to the club.  Several of you made a very good point there.

36 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Lenziejag just beat me to it.   I've  just been looking at the 2nd half of Cove Rangers v Jags from last season   You get a video of each half, and a highlights one.

When Jagzone started, they did have a £12.99 per month package for overseas fans, but this proved unviable.   Unfortunately I think that the service isn't now available for people overseas.

I could be wrong, but you might contact the club directly on this.  Covid has changed  SPFL rules on media coverage, but in 2018, when the international service was halted, I believe that it was a club commercial decision.  But please check.

Been thinking about this, but haven't thought it through thoroughly....... I reckon that clubs should be allowed to stream their home matches live to anybody anywhere who wants to watch, and for exactly the same price as admission to the match (cheapest option, if there are different admission prices to a stadium). Sure, folk might say that crowds would then be smaller, but many people who might not go anyway because of  weather, finances etc, would at least get the chance to pay to watch it live online. In fact these days travel can make an away game a very expensive day out (same goes for home games for many people), and probably puts a lot of people off.  So, by charging only for the match, at the admission price this would be one option for supporters to watch the game, even if they were unable to travel, and the home club would benefit from that.

They could even offer online season tickets, with security so that access could be linked to specific devices.

Watching on an IPTV stream and Dunfermline are using that awful Pixelot system that struggles to follow the ball on numerous occasions and you can't make out what is happening on the far side of the park.

They are taking the piss asking £12 for that.

47 minutes ago, P-R said:

Watching on an IPTV stream and Dunfermline are using that awful Pixelot system that struggles to follow the ball on numerous occasions and you can't make out what is happening on the far side of the park.

They are taking the piss asking £12 for that.

Sounds like Dunfermline are struggling to follow the ball. :)

Absolutely magnificent result today but the ParsTV coverage was abysmal! I didn't think it was pixalot as previously had been mentioned but it was hellish. in the 1st half the clock on the stream didn't start until about 4 minutes in, the replay's were inappropriately timed during attacks, they had a stupid  in screen insert side on camera angle at the top right of the screen for corners which actually infringed on your view of the main video and in the 2nd half the stream was so bright it virtually bleached out what you were trying to watch. I won't even start on the commentary team however they did admit we were worthy winners and BRANNIGAN was the best man on the pitch :D

Top of he league, mon the Jags :fan::thumbsup:

Edited by Camallain