Away to Dunfermline

scotty

£12 for the dunfermline stream and £9 for a bottle of australian red made it a perfect afternoon. even the dunphy commentator admitted there was not a player on the pitch to compare with our stuart... sometimes, nay all the time, it's great to be a jags' fan

4 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Makes a change to get a good start to a campaign. For once we look like a team that can score goals. I’m not going to get carried away with promotion talk until April, but it is encouraging start.

Sensible. 

Its encouraging though that the manager is talking about  bringing in 3-4 new players. 

I missed today's game but thought when I saw the team set out in 442 formation that the midfield looked very solid, balanced and a good basis to support our Strikers to attack Dunfermline.

I was an advocate just this week of a 433 or 442 - preferring the latter and was glad to see the team set out to play 442!

I was unsure about the back 4 in particular the Mayo-Holt partnership in Central defence. 

I don't know anything about Stone though most members on this site seem to prefer him to Sneddon. 

So  some questions:

1. We won and didn't concede - was this due to our good defensive play our Dunfermline'kneptness? 

2. How good was the Mayo- Holt partnership? 

3. Was Stone an improvement on Sneddon? 

4. Did we actually play 442 and was it effective. 

Have a good weekend especially as we are top of the league. Back to Arbroath next week! 

8 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Sensible. 

Its encouraging though that the manager is talking about  bringing in 3-4 new players. 

I missed today's game but thought when I saw the team set out in 442 formation that the midfield looked very solid, balanced and a good basis to support our Strikers to attack Dunfermline.

I was an advocate just this week of a 433 or 442 - preferring the latter and was glad to see the team set out to play 442!

I was unsure about the back 4 in particular the Mayo-Holt partnership in Central defence. 

I don't know anything about Stone though most members on this site seem to prefer him to Sneddon. 

So  some questions:

1. We won and didn't concede - was this due to our good defensive play our Dunfermline'kneptness? 

2. How good was the Mayo- Holt partnership? 

3. Was Stone an improvement on Sneddon? 

4. Did we actually play 442 and was it effective. 

Have a good weekend especially as we are top of the league. Back to Arbroath next week! 

Holt was left back. It was Mayo and McKenna who were in central defence. They played fine but Dunfermline were very poor.

I would call the formation 442, but Tiffers was getting forward at any opportunity 

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Holt was left back. It was Mayo and McKenna who were in central defence. They played fine but Dunfermline were very poor.

I would call the formation 442, but Tiffers was getting forward at any opportunity 

Thanks for this. BBC showed team formation as Mayo and Holt as Central Defenders witj McKenna and Foster as full backs. 

Your description makes more sense. 

Thanks again. 

6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Thanks for this. BBC showed team formation as Mayo and Holt as Central Defenders witj McKenna and Foster as full backs. 

Your description makes more sense. 

Thanks again. 

Holt was left centre back with Foster at left back.  Mayo and Holt were outstanding as a central defensive pair.

Just on Kevin Holt he has become the first defender to score for two seasons! We’ve been mentioning this for ages and ages and when one finally does we are not on commentary to mention it!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, michael m said:

Just on Kevin Holt he has become the first defender to score for two seasons! We’ve been mentioning this for ages and ages and when one finally does we are not on commentary to mention it!!

Mentioned at the top of the page by Fawlty Towers 

3 hours ago, michael m said:

Holt was left centre back with Foster at left back.  Mayo and Holt were outstanding as a central defensive pair.

Thanks for this, Michael. :thumbsup2: 

Would you say we played 4-3-3 (Tiff joining the front two perhaps) or 4-4-2 (with Turner, I assume, playing wide right)? I read reference to Tiffoney doing a good shift tracking back to help defence.

2 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Thanks for this, Michael. :thumbsup2: 

Would you say we played 4-3-3 (Tiff joining the front two perhaps) or 4-4-2 (with Turner, I assume, playing wide right)? I read reference to Tiffoney doing a good shift tracking back to help defence.

It was a 4-4-2 with Turner right sided and Tiff left sided - both worked attack and defence superbly - great shift by all 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, partickthedog said:

Rather a strangely fragmented Championship table after only 2 games. No teams on 2 or 3 points, but 5 on 1 point.

There is a lead pack of 4 and a chase group of 6 (been watching too much Olympics). We are 5 points clear in the race for a play-off place.

But after lap 2 of 38. Who will be able to live with the pace ?