Sena

javeajag

17 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Good Evening, have you sorted out those cataracts 

Congratulations. You must be really chuffed to hear a young lad, who went through horrendous teen age years awaiting finalisation of his UK status, may now be deemed possibly surplus to our requirements. 

Well done. It looks like you may well have been right all along. Proud of you. :thumbsup2:

eta On retrospect overlook my comments re off the field matters as being irrelevant.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Congratulations. You must be really chuffed to hear a young lad, who went through horrendous teen age years awaiting finalisation of his UK status, may now be deemed possibly surplus to our requirements. 

Well done. It looks like you may well have been right all along. Proud of you. :thumbsup2:

never one to be fooled by a bit of spin when shelling out thousands per season following the team 

I see you fell for the spin like numerous others , me i personally look at ability and what players bring to the team , Are we not a football club ? 

37 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

never one to be fooled by a bit of spin when shelling out thousands per season following the team 

I see you fell for the spin like numerous others , me i personally look at ability and what players bring to the team , Are we not a football club ? 

Yes. And Sena is a football player.

I would be glad if he actually remains with us next season after all. It’s what makes us different from the other two teams in Glasgow that don’t play at Firhill. 

47 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Does anyone actually have any idea how his season has gone? Has he been getting a regular game, any idea what the management and fans thought about him. 

Know a few Alloa supporters and they'd be keen for their club to sign him.  They reckon his best position is as defensive mid. He was played further forward on numerous occasions to mixed reviews and I might be wrong but had to play right back on a couple of occasions. When back at centre mid he's played well in a no nonsense manner.

Sena came in last season when we had an injury crisis and played centre half, part of a team the recorded six clean sheets when our strikers weren’t scoring. That contribution was as important as Rudden’s purple patch in the second half of the season in helping us win the league. 

I for one hope he goes on to have a successful career, with the usual caveat of not playing well against us! 

37 minutes ago, Stephen1876 said:

Sena came in last season when we had an injury crisis and played centre half, part of a team the recorded six clean sheets when our strikers weren’t scoring. That contribution was as important as Rudden’s purple patch in the second half of the season in helping us win the league. 

I for one hope he goes on to have a successful career, with the usual caveat of not playing well against us! 

Agree. I thought he was going to have a good future with our club. I would still like to see him get a chance at the start of next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I usually agree with you on a lot of stuff but this is football matters guys said he wouldn’t make it here as a player, never once heard him say he didn’t deserve to because of his Uk status or terrible teenage years. 

Bit out of proportion no?

31 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Digging up a nine month old  thread to gloat about someone losing their job.

Bravo.

He hasn’t lost his job, bit of bragging rights on a football forum wow. McCall said if he can get another club he can move on .. when did he lose his job??

Although the guys being smarmy about being right that he wasn’t good enough, think it’s been taken a bit far that he’s happy he lost his job. Me myself, if I had said that, then I would have been hoping to be proved wrong and he went on to be a great player for us. 

Guy was right, he didn’t make the cut neither did Gordon or Mciver.. He never said he was happy the guy lost his means to make a living .. JEEZ

12 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

I usually agree with you on a lot of stuff but this is football matters guys said he wouldn’t make it here as a player, never once heard him say he didn’t deserve to because of his Uk status or terrible teenage years. 

Bit out of proportion no?

Ok I'll accept that's a fair point and I apologise to BH for my wording re off the field issues. I also accept that BH has every right to gloat over Sena being deemed surplus to requirements. In retrospect I should just have ignored his/her post. 

On the subject of Sena I feel it's unfortunate his strongest position is also the position where we already have two certain starters in Docherty and Bannigan. Having had a successful loan spell at Alloa, where he's been playing virtually every game, Sena probably needs to move on to ensure adequate game time for further development. Unlike BH I don't consider that means the player is in any way a dud.

• Like 1

I think we would all want Sena to do well at the club ….but doing ok for Alloa in a lower division is nit the same as playing in the championship or hopefully the premiership …..ultimately it’s a football decision and McCall is much closer to that than me 

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

If McCall is willing to let Sena leave I have to assume he has at least 1 midfielder lined up. We simply cannot continue with 3 from Turner, Crawford, Docherty & Bannigan irrespective of the formation.

According to the BB Turner has the highest number of assists from any player in the championship so I hope he is not moved out.  Given Crawford will be out of contract and has done nothing more than okay then surely it would make sense that he be the one moved on

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

According to the BB Turner has the highest number of assists from any player in the championship so I hope he is not moved out.  Given Crawford will be out of contract and has done nothing more than okay then surely it would make sense that he be the one moved on

Indeed. 9 assists for the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

How many of them were from free kicks and corners ? 

All very good when the ball is not moving, but he seems a bit of a passenger in open play. 

Again another tho' that's been played out of position. Ideally he should be in a central position  in front of Docherty/Bannigan. His goal in the foggy game v Raith was one of the few times he'd strayed from that wide right slot.

I thought Turner looked a better play in open play when he had Mayo playing as defensive midfielder. I think he needs to know that there is someone behind him. Conversely our midfield looked its best when Crawford, Bannigan and Docherty were interchanging positions as it made it very difficult for the opposition to mark.

Sena needs to figure out what position he wants to play. For me he's not good enough on the ball to be a midfielder. However he has all the attributes to be a decent centre half but just needs coached on when to challenge for the ball and when to drop off. If he could get a season playing alongside an experienced pro at league 1 level I think he could make it a championship level centre half. As a midfielder he's probably at best mid-table league 1. 

On 5/4/2022 at 6:02 PM, Bobbyhouston said:

Indeed we are a football club. 

I'm more than happy for decisions to be made for purely footballing reasons (and I think that the club has been guilty in the past of making emotional decisions without a proper rationale), but it's quite possible to make a valid point in an inelegant way. I think that you've achieved that with a certain panache. 

All it does is to reflect badly on you, which I suspect was LIB's original point.

5 hours ago, laukat said:

I thought Turner looked a better play in open play when he had Mayo playing as defensive midfielder. I think he needs to know that there is someone behind him. Conversely our midfield looked its best when Crawford, Bannigan and Docherty were interchanging positions as it made it very difficult for the opposition to mark.

Sena needs to figure out what position he wants to play. For me he's not good enough on the ball to be a midfielder. However he has all the attributes to be a decent centre half but just needs coached on when to challenge for the ball and when to drop off. If he could get a season playing alongside an experienced pro at league 1 level I think he could make it a championship level centre half. As a midfielder he's probably at best mid-table league 1. 

Got to disagree with a lot of supporters about Sena , the guy is 21 years of age and some of the supporters are slaughtering him .

With good coaching at our level he could easily be a good defensive midfielder with the attributes he’s got ( physicality, speed and fitness)

Too many times this season our lightweight midfield have been bullied by Arbroath, Inverness etc , no doubt Bannigan etc are technically more gifted than Sena but at Championship level he would be a good asset to have .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Got to disagree with a lot of supporters about Sena , the guy is 21 years of age and some of the supporters are slaughtering him .

With good coaching at our level he could easily be a good defensive midfielder with the attributes he’s got ( physicality, speed and fitness)

Too many times this season our lightweight midfield have been bullied by Arbroath, Inverness etc , no doubt Bannigan etc are technically more gifted than Sena but at Championship level he would be a good asset to have .

One of the clear flaws in the team this season has been the lack of physical presence in midfield - we have frequently been over-run there, When Mayo played there recently the balance looked better. I  think that a midfielder with height, pace and strength would free up Bannigan and Turner to play to their own strengths,,,as would a decent playing surface, full backs who are good going forward, someone to play on the right side and forwards who can hold the ball up.

We have several midfield players whose contributions this season have been very limited - Smith, Murray, Crawford, Gordon, Bell - and I am not a big fan of Docherty.  I have only seen Sena on streamed games but he seems to be the best fit for the role. I am a bit disappointed that a young player has not been given the chance to see if he was good enough - to be honest he could not have been less effective than most of our midfielders.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

One of the clear flaws in the team this season has been the lack of physical presence in midfield - we have frequently been over-run there, When Mayo played there recently the balance looked better. I  think that a midfielder with height, pace and strength would free up Bannigan and Turner to play to their own strengths,,,as would a decent playing surface, full backs who are good going forward, someone to play on the right side and forwards who can hold the ball up.

We have several midfield players whose contributions this season have been very limited - Smith, Murray, Crawford, Gordon, Bell - and I am not a big fan of Docherty.  I have only seen Sena on streamed games but he seems to be the best fit for the role. I am a bit disappointed that a young player has not been given the chance to see if he was good enough - to be honest he could not have been less effective than most of our midfielders.

100% agree, and also to get out of this division we’re going to need a degree of physically in the middle of the park to let players like Bannigan, Turner play .

Got to change our system for next season, starting with Docherty and Bannigan as holding midfielders won’t work .

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

100% agree, and also to get out of this division we’re going to need a degree of physically in the middle of the park to let players like Bannigan, Turner play .

Got to change our system for next season, starting with Docherty and Bannigan as holding midfielders won’t work .

Need to find a Abdul Osman type of player. Not easy