Sena

javeajag

6 hours ago, Winter of '63 said:

One of the clear flaws in the team this season has been the lack of physical presence in midfield - we have frequently been over-run there, When Mayo played there recently the balance looked better. I  think that a midfielder with height, pace and strength would free up Bannigan and Turner to play to their own strengths,,,as would a decent playing surface, full backs who are good going forward, someone to play on the right side and forwards who can hold the ball up.

We have several midfield players whose contributions this season have been very limited - Smith, Murray, Crawford, Gordon, Bell - and I am not a big fan of Docherty.  I have only seen Sena on streamed games but he seems to be the best fit for the role. I am a bit disappointed that a young player has not been given the chance to see if he was good enough - to be honest he could not have been less effective than most of our midfielders.

This is spot on. Our midfield this season has been lightweight. The Bannigan, Turner, Sena combination is one I would have liked to see. 

8 hours ago, Winter of '63 said:

One of the clear flaws in the team this season has been the lack of physical presence in midfield - we have frequently been over-run there, When Mayo played there recently the balance looked better. I  think that a midfielder with height, pace and strength would free up Bannigan and Turner to play to their own strengths,,,as would a decent playing surface, full backs who are good going forward, someone to play on the right side and forwards who can hold the ball up.

We have several midfield players whose contributions this season have been very limited - Smith, Murray, Crawford, Gordon, Bell - and I am not a big fan of Docherty.  I have only seen Sena on streamed games but he seems to be the best fit for the role. I am a bit disappointed that a young player has not been given the chance to see if he was good enough - to be honest he could not have been less effective than most of our midfielders.

I actually feel like Docs been better than Bannigan this season, don’t know if I’m alone on that. But I’d have like to have Sena get a few chances at least pre-season in midfield.

On 5/4/2022 at 6:45 PM, sandy said:

Yes. And Sena is a football player.

I would be glad if he actually remains with us next season after all. It’s what makes us different from the other two teams in Glasgow that don’t play at Firhill. 

Take up another sport to watch clown 

15 hours ago, javeajag said:

I’m not sure Sena is premiership or even championship player …, let’s see if anyone comes in for him 

We shouldn’t be writing off a 21 yr old player , if McCall was anywhere near a good coach his mindset would be to improve players.

Open question, if someone can tell me an improved player over the last few years that McCall has coached .

Time for a change , if you think of the improvement and influence that Jackie Mac and Simon Donnelly had at our Club when they started ATS , SOD’s , Paul Paton etc .

We need a manager/ coach of a similar standing to progress .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

We shouldn’t be writing off a 21 yr old player , if McCall was anywhere near a good coach his mindset would be to improve players.

Open question, if someone can tell me an improved player over the last few years that McCall has coached .

Time for a change , if you think of the improvement and influence that Jackie Mac and Simon Donnelly had at our Club when they started ATS , SOD’s , Paul Paton etc .

Good question. Only one that comes to mind as having improved is Sneddon, and that is more to do with Kenny Arthur’s work.

28 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Rudden also. Could also argue Graham if you compare his scoring record with us to his previous clubs. 

Not sure about Rudden or the 34yr old Brian Graham.

There was glaring obvious improvement to be had in Zak Rudden, had to get stronger to enable him to hold the ball up to play in other players, could have been coached to be able to header a ball .

There is potential in Zak Rudden and we’ve definitely missed him since he left but I’m not sure there has been a lot of discernible improvement in Zak from the player who scored a lot of goals for Falkirk .

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Zak Rudden, Scott Tiffoney, Sneddon, Hendrie, Tunji 

mid your talking previously then you could add in Doolan, Erskine, harkins Buchanan etc

Time for a change?? Ffs the target was too 4 and we did actually get there.

maybe you should be looking at the directors who took a fee turning our pitch into a quagmire then not backing targets in January 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

Paton was a McCall signing and ATS had already been signed up before McCall left - it wasn’t announced till the summer 

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Paton was a McCall signing and ATS had already been signed up before McCall left - it wasn’t announced till the summer 

And did McCall improve Paton , not a chance Jackie Mac turned him from an overweight average full back into a good holding midfield player .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Zak Rudden, Scott Tiffoney, Sneddon, Hendrie, Tunji 

mid your talking previously then you could add in Doolan, Erskine, harkins Buchanan etc

Time for a change?? Ffs the target was too 4 and we did actually get there.

maybe you should be looking at the directors who took a fee turning our pitch into a quagmire then not backing targets in January 

Think you’re being a bit economical with the truth here , Stephen Hendrie was already a million  pound player before he came to Firhill when he went to West Ham from Hamilton and only got his chance recently when McCall had ran out of players .

Tiffoney had already played Premier League with Livingston and I personally don’t think Zak Rudden had improved from the player I saw playing for Falkirk.

You can look at McCall’s signings if you like , Blair Lyons , Connor Murray , Cammy Smith ,Jakubiak , Alegria etc

I believe the only template for a Club of our size is to develop our own players and give them a pathway to the first team , that can only be done with good coaching .

Re the pitch, it was a factor as was the recruitment in January,  but we don’t play at Firhill every week and our form since December has been shocking ( relegation form )

Time for a full reset at Firhill.

Edited by jlsarmy

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

And did McCall improve Paton , not a chance Jackie Mac turned him from an overweight average full back into a good holding midfield player .

Yeah he did actually improve him he was a young lad at Queen’s Park before McCall signed him and turned him into one of the better defenders

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Think you’re being a bit economical with the truth here , Stephen Hendrie was already a million  pound player before he came to Firhill when he went to West Ham from Hamilton and only got his chance recently when McCall had ran out of players .

Tiffoney had already played Premier League with Livingston and I personally don’t think Zak Rudden had improved from the player I saw playing for Falkirk.

You can look at McCall’s signings if you like , Blair Lyons , Connor Murray , Cammy Smith ,Jakubiak , Alegria etc

I believe the only template for a Club of our size is to develop our own players and give them a pathway to the first team , that can only be done with good coaching .

Re the pitch, it was a factor as was the recruitment in January,  but we don’t play at Firhill every week and our form since December has been shocking ( relegation form )

Time for a full reset at Firhill.

Think your being economical with the truth actually 

Tiffoney playing for Livingston had nothing to do with it.  The fact was he was not getting a game or deemed good enough.  Now he has teams looking to sign him in the summer because of his improvement under McCall 

Watch Falkirk often did you? So presumably you don’t to many Partick thistle games if you do. Rudden came here struggling after barely getting a game down south and played a large part in getting us promotion and 9 goals and a number of assists 

i see you are being selective with whom you mentioned as McCall signings deliberately leaving out akinola, Graham, Rudden, Tiffoney, Turner etc

Plus the players he signed for the first division still got us promotion 

Neither jackubiak or Allegria were McCall targets until the board were not willing to back him with any money and he was left with cheap loans

You can harp on all you want about relegation form but the fact is we finished 4th which you don’t seem willing to accept 

Edited by Third Lanark

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Think your being economical with the truth actually 

Tiffoney playing for Livingston had nothing to do with it.  The fact was he was not getting a game or deemed good enough.  Now he has teams looking to sign him in the summer because of his improvement under McCall 

Watch Falkirk often did you? Rudden came here struggling after barely getting a game down south and played a large part in getting us promotion and 9 goals and a number of assists 

i see you are being selective with whom you mentioned as McCall signings deliberately leaving out akinola, Graham, Rudden, Tiffoney etc

Getting away from the original question, improvement in players , we should be making our young players from the Academy better by coaching them and giving them a pathway to the first team , signing journeymen pros like Cammy Smith or Robbie Crawford surely can’t be our future.

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Give us piece - he was so and stop being economical with the truth again McNamara only had him at the jags for a short time part of which he was injured 

Are you for real , do you think Pates would have got his move to Dundee United and became an international player if Jackie Mac and Sid hadn’t coached him to be a defensive midfielder.