Sena

javeajag

3 hours ago, laukat said:

If I recall correctly they were joint managers but neither had really done any coaching prior to us appointing them.

I think they were appointed temporary  joint player managers after Collins's sacking, then confirmed as permanent joint player managers a month or so later. GB continued to play during that disastrous season. Whyte didn't play after he became permanent joint manager.

On 5/7/2022 at 11:54 PM, javeajag said:

Plenty of players are released by clubs at 18, 19, 20 etc etc …..the issue is whether you believe they are good enough…..Sena is an unproven player at championship level…..I haven’t seen him at Montrose so I don’t know how well he’s done …..I’m going to make the assumption McCall and his staff have.

id love him to do well I should add.

McCall hopeless, you really need to listen to his videos when he’s discussed player’s ability and what he thinks of them , basically they have all turned out shite 

• 1 month later...

Bit random, but on holiday in Lanzarote and watching BBC News North England version is on before i head out. They covered few teams including interview with Alex Neil at Sunderland then concluded with transfer news at Hartlepool, which consisted of Sena’s big signing and him with the usual smiles and scarf above the head. 

Good luck to him, fame at last. 

Edited by Cork Jag

Good luck to Sena.

I actually think he will do well in lower league English football. His physicality should allow him to cope better than most with playing 46 games a season. That ability to cope with the physical conditions may make Hartlepool supporters more forgiving on his less well developed technical skills.

Still think he's potentially a very good centre-half but I could see him turning into a very imposing defensive midfield in the English leagues.

• Like 1