Scottish Cup Pop Up 2021/22

BowenBoys

I see what you've done, BB. Thanks for  putting in such a lot of work for us punters.  Although I'm not a gambling man I confess that for previous tourneys I've  had a look at the bookies odds, with the occasional  odds on result changed if I liked the opposition. 

Although   I took the fancy named teams in the previous round, I  don't think my success rate was that high, so, for what it's worth, you've saved me some time & effort!

I'll not be too hasty though, & I'll submit my teams shortly.  Again many thanks for going that bit further for us all. In the absence of the Miners Welfare & Dundonald Bluebell, I've got to go for Hill of Beath Hawthorn, followed by Burntisland  Shipyard!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Perhaps my explanation was not very clear. Apologies. Basically, they are random H/As with an advantage given to higher ranked teams and those playing at home.

Was just about to look up for an Open University course to help. Never a dull moment!! Happy to go random!!

I'll  also go with your algorithm suggestions, BB.   I was about to fill them in, but I see that the clever gianlucatoni  has discovered a short cut!  

Can I ask that you transfer the recommendations you  sent me into your spreadsheet as well?   It will save me buggering it up if I make one of my occasional typos!

As ever,many thanks.  :worship:

14 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I'll  also go with your algorithm suggestions, BB.   I was about to fill them in, but I see that the clever gianlucatoni  has discovered a short cut!  

Can I ask that you transfer the recommendations you  sent me into your spreadsheet as well?   It will save me buggering it up if I make one of my occasional typos!

No probs.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

I'll  also go with your algorithm suggestions, BB.   I was about to fill them in, but I see that the lazy gianlucatoni  has discovered a short cut!  

Fixed that for you EKJ !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Any blanks in the spreadsheet at deadline time will be filled with the random selections. If you're happy to go with those, there's no need to do anything. Lazy bast@rds!

a bit of collective responsibility is required here BB - for your Fields Medal antics have merely activated the inherent laziness buried deep in our subconscious :whistling:

33 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

a bit of collective responsibility is required here BB - for your Fields Medal antics have merely activated the inherent laziness buried deep in our subconscious :whistling:

Well...yes. Fair point.

Let's see how many points my dabbling in probabilities produces. The Fields Medal may turn out to be a chocolate coin :)