Away to Arbroath

Tickets bought. I’ve got family coming up from England and going with me to the game so this will be the highlight of our weekend.   They usually go to games in the English Championship so it’ll be good to see how they compare the stadiums they normally visit with a day out at Gayfield 

Edited by east end jag

On my tablet, I filled in all the details - name, full address, email (twice), phone no, then the names (first and Sur) for both tickets, then clicked continue.

It threw up an error saying "please fill in all fields", or words to that effect and it highlighted my title, my email and my country (UK) in red, which made me think there was something wrong with those.

I re-entered these things a number of times, to my great frustration, but eventually accidentally scrolled down a wee bit and saw that the card payment boxes were on the same page, and it was those that it was, quite reasonably, referring to as incomplete!

Perhaps on another device I would have seen these were part of the same screen, but the continue button that I could see led me to believe that payment details would be on a subsequent screen.

I am quite old, and I only worked in IT for 21 years, so what do I know?

Frustrating.....

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Usually I don't bother watching live league matches online, unless it's one of considerable significance, like the Falkirk game at the end of last season.

However, I'm looking forward to this one. A late night ahead, as kick-off is at 11 pm here.

Better not start on the Cargo to early or you will miss all the action....Just think of us freezing in Arbroath..

To the game itself. BBC Weather is predicting "17C, light rain & a moderate breeze" at Arbroath.  Hopefully that doesn't mean  a "moderate breeze for Arbroath" as that would be a gale.

Arbroath's form looks rather good of late and with Gayfield rarely helping the away side, I reckon we're in for a tough game. A lot riding on our back line to prove capable enough. If fit I assume we'll go with a back four of McKenna-Mayo-Holt-Foster. 

The forward positions are more difficult to guess but I think McCall will stick with Turner played a bit out of position down the right. Tiffoney can go flat out knowing there's a number of options to replace him later on in the game. 

I'm hopeful of getting a win. Admittedly a difficult ground to get 3 points at but that could be said about most of the away grounds this season.

55 minutes ago, fenski said:

I'm going with my son. Possibly like a few others, my last Thistle game was our most recent visit to Gayfield. - what a farce that was, however we were in hospitality so really wasn't caring!

Remember Fox constantly doing the same kick out and watching the ball swirling straight out of play time and time again!

Must say that Arbroath ticketing system was best yet (and did not appear to be adversely affected by the wind). All done in a oner. No need to register with a fussy password, wait for an email and then go back and buy.

Instant link to easy to print (and also save) PDF ticket with bar code etc. 

No wonder Robert the Bruce chose to make his Declaration there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are overdue a win against Arbroath but agree that Home advantage is 'big' for Arbroath and they are in reasonable form! 

I am confident we can do the business but so much will come down to how strong the referee is. 

From our perspective we are going  to Arbroath with a solid midfield, with more creativity in the team than we have had for years and with two Strikers who can score goals and equally  important are not afraid to mix it with the central Defenders. My only doubt is our back line which is very much WIP.  Overall we are a much better organised team than in recent matches against Arbroath. 

IMO the Referee is important because in the past two games at Gayfield their two Central Defenders have dominated our Strikers by doing pretty much what they wanted legally or with an excessive degree of nastiness!  Graham and Rudden won't sit back and take this sort of treatment so we could be in for some fireworks!  The Referee has got to stamp his authority on the game and in particular on the challenges made by the Central Defenders. 

One final point and its old news. If Arbroath play Bobby Linn down the left and McKenna doesn't get a grip of him it will make life very difficult for us! Another Gibson (QofS) situation where it took about 50/60 minutes to restrict his impact on the game! 

2-0 or 2-1 to the Jags! 

9 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Must say that Arbroath ticketing system was best yet (and did not appear to be adversely affected by the wind). All done in a oner. No need to register with a fussy password, wait for an email and then go back and buy.

Instant link to easy to print (and also save) PDF ticket with bar code etc. 

No wonder Robert the Bruce chose to make his Declaration there.

I have a copy of the declaration  and the reading of the document suggests the concept  of a King serving the people (and not the other way round) was driven by the Scottish Nobles and the Church. I have no doubt RTB colluded but not sure it was his idea. 

Further reading also indicates The  that the declaration, a revolutionary document for its time, was written with the Pope and the Hierarchy of the  Catholic Church  intended as the main recipients. The purpose of the document was to persuade the Pope to lift the excommunication of Scotland. 

King Edward of England was the main advocate of excommunication which he thought would isolate and therefore weaken Scotland in Europe. 

Today the ame strategy is called Brexit and for Edward read Boris  - nothing much changes!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Is this a good or bad appointment? 

He reffed an 18 goal thriller at Firhill a couple is seasons back! and he also referred the reserve game where Gary Fraser had a ‘moment’ - I rate him quite highly and is definitely up and coming  (the 18 goal thriller was the KD Testimonial game)

4 hours ago, michael m said:

He reffed an 18 goal thriller at Firhill a couple is seasons back! and he also referred the reserve game where Gary Fraser had a ‘moment’ - I rate him quite highly and is definitely up and coming  (the 18 goal thriller was the KD Testimonial game)

18 goals ? Was it a game that went to penalties?